“THE LITTLE VILLAGE”

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Pelham, New York
“THE LITTLE VILLAGE”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Upon my family of five's arrival to PG, we were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the overall size of this "little village". Everything you need is on site including the pools, restaurants, entertainment, coffee stand, gift shop and spa. Since my daughter had knee surgery, we quite often took the shuttle which they provided or taxi to the marina that was across the street from the hotel. The only negative experience we encountered was the fact that they tried to stick us somewhere in the ridge which was inconvenient for my daughter since it required a lot of walking. We complained to the front desk about our situation and they accommodated our request and put us in a room across the main pool area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gina d
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guests from Pelham, New York:

Thank you for choosing “THE LITTLE VILLAGE” at Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
It was truly our pleasure to serve you. In order to maintain the high standards of service excellence for which we strive, it is very important to listen to every client.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied costumer.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay.

Sincerely yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
  • Turkish first
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Location, Location, Location – The Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa’s location is outstanding for everything you want to do in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Whether it is going to a quite private white sand beach or enjoying the Cabo night life, both are just foot steps away from the resort!

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Playa Grande Resort and Grand Spa and we are always extremely impressed. The architecture of the resort and the way it is built around the natural rocks in the area is amazing! The staff is always helpful and attentive without being intrusive, and you can’t beat the location of the resort to downtown Cabo San Lucas and the marina/harbor (within one mile walking distance). The guest rooms are well appointed, the views are great, and amenities are fantastic as everything you need is located at the resort.

Some of the things we enjoyed doing while in Cabo San Lucas included: taking the inexpensive glass-bottom water taxis to the famous natural Arch and secluded beaches; (the taxis will drop you off and pick you up at a predetermined time specified by you). Taking the glass bottom water taxis to fine dining restaurants in downtown Cabo San Lucas, taking a dinner cruise, taking a pirate ship cruise, taking the bicycle taxis into downtown Cabo San Lucas to shop for souvenirs, catching a ride with a horse-drawn carriage to sight-see downtown Cabo San Lucas at a leisurely pace, stroll along the marina sidewalk taking in the sights and sounds of the harbor, enjoying the many swimming pools at the resort, visiting the Playa Grande Thalassotherapy Spa (one of the few and finest in the world) and use their steam rooms and Jacuzzis pools, relaxing each evening on our private balcony and watching the parade of dinner boats, party boats and pirate ships that come out to marvel at the sunset on the Pacific Ocean in front of the resort.

We will definitely be back to stay at this resort on a future vacation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Swabado
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guests from Hillsboro, Oregon:

We thank you very much for your lovely comment “Location, Location, Location, Service & Amenities”
We are glad that your experience with us was a very pleasant one and we hope that we can be of service to you again soon.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with all our staff.
Wishing you a world of happiness we all send you our best regards.
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Part of the appeal of travel for me is the people I meet, the encounters I have, the laughs I exchange. What made my stay at Playa Grande so memorable is the sweet, sweet Mayrobi. She is a part of the entertainment staff and interacted with me so genuinely, I truly felt like a friend to her. She has the best attitude and such a warm personality. She made a huge difference in my stay and I wish I could have taken her home with me as a souvenir. Make sure that stopping by to meet her is a priority on the list of things to do at the resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guests from San Jose, California:

I can assure you that you will make Mayrobi very happy with your lovely comment “Mayrobi - A Gem”
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be always very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with Mayrobi and all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards.
East Rockaway, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Playa granda is a large hotel with a beach on one side and the marina on the other. It is very clean and well maintained. My only complaint is you cant go in the ocean because the water is too rough. The ridge is beautiful and the water slide is great for kids. There are plenty of swim up bars and places to eat.

• Stayed April 2012
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guests from Hewlett NY:

Thank you for your comment “Great resort.” and for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our waiter, Flavio, was just great for my friends and I during our week stay at The Ridge' in Playa Grande Resort. I've traveled a lot and I recognize 'attention to detail' when I see it. We hung out at the top pool looking out at the whales jumping in the Pacific. Flavio's service was just great.

Room Tip: all rooms I saw were nice. A short walk to the Marina gives you unlimited restaurants and entertainm...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests from Illinois City, Illinois:

We thank you very much for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.
We are also glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with your waiter Flavio at the Ridge.

Wishing you a world of happiness I send you my best regards.

Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and daughter stayed here in Jan. 2012 and this year my wife and I stayed here for 12 days. They raved about the place so I figured we may as well stay here. I was pleasantly surprised, they were right, I also enjoyed my stay.
The resort is within walking distance of town, which we did daily since we don't do the all-inclusive which they do offer, and may be a good deal for those that like that.
When we arrived we were courteously greeted and were quickly registered, and the usual "timeshare spiel was only a few minutes after we told the lady we were not interested.
Since we only ate there a few times I can't comment too much, but what we had was good. The pools are well kept and the one closest is adults only which was nice. They do have many activities for both old & young daily. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, spacious and the kitchenette worked out great.
One day we had an issue with the toilet (the flush mechanism broke) but after one call to the desk it was taken care of. We were heading the pool and when we got back all was well.
Upon leaving we were greated by EDUARDO, who took our bags and looked after them while we waited for the shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: The resort faces south toward the ocean, our room was quiet and very comfortable. It was on the firs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karl F
Dear Guests from Meridian, Idaho:

Thank you for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Although PG looks terrific on arrival, it doesn't take long for the facade to slip. Before you even check in, you are cornered and scheduled for a timeshare presentation. You cannot say no. The rooms are modestly furnished. Reports from long term owners are that the furnishings have not been changed for years. Maid service is spotty and poor. On the other hand, the pools are delightful and drink service is pretty good. Few things are more pleasant than an afternoon of sunshine by the pool and a ice cold beverages. The ocean beach is long, white and refreshing.

If you are interested in becoming an owner, beware. There is no secondary market for these ownership units, because of the high transfer costs. If you purchase with the notion that you will resell your unit in a few years, forget it. The cost of re-transferring your interest is prohibitive and you will be stuck.

When you check out, make sure you get your exit ticket. You are not allowed to leave the resort unless you can prove you paid your bill.

Room Tip: Travelers do not have the luxury of choice. If you are renting a room, you take what you can get.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests from Salem, Oregon:

On behalf of Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa we thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience. Please accept my apologies.

The comments you have made describing the experience you encountered during your stay with us have come to our attention.

We really appreciate the time you are taking to write us with your concern as this will help us improve and we hope you give us an opportunity to demonstrate to you how important your comments are and how seriously we took action.

It will be a great honor if you will choose to visit us again in the near future and a great opportunity to provide you with a better service.