Playa Grande Resort
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$464
$373
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$322
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$163
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$322
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$380
$360
$241
$220
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$575
Orbitz.com
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$153
$143
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
$625
$592
Travelocity
$1,052
4,111 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a top notch vacation. Unbelievable what my timeshare traded for. Three huge pools, one with a waterfall, one with a swim up bar and the last with a huge hot tub over looking the Pacific. Three awesome restaurants (one on the beach, one with outdoor seating and the lounge shows off a Chihuly ceiling glass flower installation. And that's not counting the Shushi bar, all on the premise with several more within walking distance.

Playa Grande is quiet, well manicured and has a well trained staff. But if it is the city lights you want of course town is only a 10 minute walk up and over a small hill. There you will find the city with authentic restaurants, the harbor/marina/cruise ship activities and for shoppers several modern malls.

I don't know how my vacation could have been better and the Happy Hour with two for one drinks didn't hurt.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the ground floor because I could sit out on our patio with my morning coffee. Most room face the pool and ocean. The place is designed for all the room to be great rooms. You could request an end room with an ocean only view, but again the place is generally quiet. HINT: Get your towels early (no later than 10 am- 9 is better) from the pool folks and stake out a claim for your beach chairs. But note you have to be in those seats within the next hour or they will confiscate your towel...or at least that is what they say, but I never saw them do it. I preferred the edge of the property facing the ocean. Unlike many resorts there are NO beach vendors to bother you. It is rather private on the Pacific side.The kiddie pool was a bad idea the first day. Ergo I moved down toward the sea. There were not that many kids, so for families it was ideal that they could sit near their kids, but I was there to read. ALSO, if you are an avid sea swimmer, this is not the place for you. Posted riptide warnings are up and down the beach. But if you are athletic you can scale the huge boulders at the end of the beach and make you way to the sea of Cortez and swim on Lovers Beach. (not a hike for kids).
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SallyFranz
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guests from Portland, Oregon, United States:

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments “Fantastic Resort, right on the tip of Baja, Mexico at Cabo San Lucas”
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
We are all very happy to know that your experience with us was a very pleasant one.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards from always sunny Cabo San Lucas.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Playa Grande is a lovely resort within walking distance to downtown Cabo and the marina. This was our first stay in a resort and I don't think we'll return -- not because Playa Granda was poor, but because we prefer simpler accommodations. We had problems checking in (they gave us a dirty room), but this was resolved by evening. The concierge desk was quite helpful in booking fishing trips (excellent choice!), dinner reservations, and taxis. All the staff speaks English. The food onsite isn't terrific, but you can easily go elsewhere to eat. You're right on the beach, though it's the Pacific side, so no swimming's permitted.

Looks like it'd be great for families (lots of kids) and group travel.

Room Tip: We had asked for rooms near each other (two parties traveling together) and were not given them until we arrived and stated the importance of such. Make sure you bring this to the reservation agent's attention if it's important.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily B
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guests from Arlington, Virginia:

The comments you have made describing the experience you have encountered during your stay at Playa Grande Resort and Grand Spa, came to my attention. Please accept my apologies.

In order to maintain the high standards of service and excellence for which we strive, we need to know when problems occur so the appropriate action can be taken.

Concerning your comments with your check-in and the food quality I held a meeting with our front desk manager and chef involved in this situation and measures have been taken to avoid this situation happen again in the future.

We value your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate that your past experience with Playa Grande is not characteristic of our performance, but an unpleasant exception.

As an attempt to regain your trust, we would like to ask you to please visit us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to pamper you as intended.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Vacation like a King, with prices for a servant. Beautiful beach out front. Top notch service, luxury accommodations. Whales breaching, stingrays jumping, and the sun is shinning. I left Denver yesterday, 1/12/13, and it was -5F. Today in Cabo, 75F feels like a mid summer day in Colorado.

Stayed: January 2013
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guests Denver, Colorado:

Thank you for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
It was truly our pleasure to serve you. In order to maintain the high standards of service excellence for which we strive, it is very important to listen to every client.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied costumer.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay.

Wishing you a world of happiness,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We came to the Playa Grande without reference or recommendation. This is an extremely outstanding hotel, family destination and sincerely a wonderful place to stay with your young family even through to young teenage kids. You are treated with wonderful , polite service, never wait too long for food or a drink, the nighttime entertainment is outrageously funny and engaging. We highly recommend it for you family holiday. Money well spent. Rodrigo and roberto are very entertaining throughout the day during the happy hour show but truly make the nighttime shows very worthwhile. You will have a great time.

Room Tip: Be sure to put out your do not disturb sign the staff are too keen to clean your room. If you want a sleep in make sure the little notice goes into the door handle slot!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guests:

Thank you for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay!

We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and we really appreciate your comment “Roberto and Rodrigo were outstanding!!!” about our activities staff!

In order to maintain the high standards of service and excellence for which we strive, it is very important for us to listen to every guest and owner.

Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with our staff.

If there are any other ways to serve you even better in the near future please let us know it will be a pleasure to help you.

Hoping to see you again soon we all send you our best regards from Playa Grande!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our vacations only get better and better at PLAYA GRANDE. This is out 5th year going to Cabo over Christmas and New Years...two years ago we purchased at Playa Grande because we were so happy with our stay. The only complaint we had in the past about the cost was we had to pay for the internet service, as owners now, it is free! It didn't cost that much, but it is sure nice not to have to pay for that and pass that money (now tip money) onto the staff who work so hard.

We have a 9 year old daughter who LOVES the kids club, Vividiana and the other girls who help with the club are amazing. They all have such positive energy and smiles that never go away. There is never a dull moment, from tie-dying shirts, pinata, swimming, water balloons, mini golf, feeding the fish, tag, etc..... they feed them lunch off the menu, anything they want, price included. If you need a safe place for you kids to go and don't want to feel guilty putting them somewhere where they will be bored and not want to go back, this is the place!! My daughter did it three days straight and would have done it more if we would have let her. It has gone up in price over the last three years to $50 a day (9am to 4pm), that adds up quickly if you have more than one child. We did the all-inclusive plan for the three days our daughter went, so it paid for itself. We paid $37.50 for the all-inclusive plan for three days and that included all the food and drinks my daughter wanted around the pool, kids club, beach party, or any other special evening events, well worth it if you know you are going to do those things, and kids club. My daughter also always has to do the pottery painting by the pool, we always bring home one or two crafts she does. There is a new girl doing some of the recreation and she is a great addition to the Playa Grande team, I can't remember her name, but she did the braclet making class around the pool, she is sweet.

Hector...what can I say, what an amazing dancer and entertainer. He keeps everyone entertained and rolling in laughter by the pool, did a spot on impression of Michael Jackson before Santa arrived and also is part of the Carnival nights as a dancer.

Roberto is all over the place making people laugh and smile too. The beach party was amazing again this year, his helper (I can't remember her name, but she was part of the entertainment team and ran the congo line) was full of smiles and energy that never ends. If you do one thing, go to the beach party, it is right on the beach, fire going, band playing, games for the kids and adults, food, drink and desserts that never end. My stomach hurt after laughing so hard at Roberto's commentary the whole night.

We also did the Carnival Night. It was Italian food, made to order pasta, as well as pizza, lazagna, fantastic cheeses, breads, salads... etc...oh my.....so much fantastic food all buffet style. The entertainment was top-notch, all the dancers and singers were so amazing we all were totally entertained the whole time, another "must do" at Playa grande for the kids as well as the adults.

Unfortunately because of New Years eve falling on the fiesta night, we missed that, but it is just one more thing to look forward to next year, we will be there for that.

The pool has its issus as in previous years where people put towels down early in the morning and leave them until they get there later in the day. The signs say not to do that and after an hour the towels or belongings will be moved by staff, but I have never seen that done. I think changes need to be made in that reguard, maybe if you aren't there (either in the pool or on the chair or have someone in your party there, you can't have your stuff there). Darn frustrating to come down at 10 or 11am and all the chairs have towels on them already (reserved by early-risers) and no people on them. I say, you come to the pool to lay out or swim, bring your towel, you leave the pool area, how about vacating your place unless someone is physically there in your "party". I had that happen when I was there, I went down spent sometime laying out by the adult pool for a couple of hours, there was a couple next to me, they left and left their stuff on the chairs, the both of them. I wanted to go workout in the gym, I took my towel and bag, went to my room and changed into my workout attire, went to the gym and who was there? That exact couple that left their bag and towel by the pool. NOT COOL! I finished my workout, went to my room, showered and went back to he pool, that couple was just arrving back around the sametime I was, got back into their chairs like it was nothing..... my chair was taken, but that is the chance I took because I followed the RULES.

I was very disappointed by the upper "hot" tub this year. In years past it hasn't been too warm, but this year it was extra cold. The kids like to get into that pool to warm up because they aren't allowed in the lower hot tub. I also use that as I have a child I have to watch and can't get into the lower Adult hot-tub. I heard many people complaining about the temp in that pool. Some even told the staff, but in the two weeks we were there, it was always just slightly warmer then the cold pools.

I have already started counting the days to go back to Cabo and Playa Grand this next Christmas and New Years and would tell anyone and everyone you can't go wrong with Playa Grande!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WSUcougar-Family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guests from Spokane, Washington:

Thank you for your valuable comment “AMAZING STAFF AND SERVICE!!!!!!” and for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We will make a special emphasis on the temperature of our Jacuzzi and the swimming pools and also to have a much better control on the lounge chairs during the day.
I will also gladly share your lovely comments with our activities staff ans especially with Viridiana, Hector and Roberto!

Wishing you a world of happiness,