We have stayed here twice and we adore this place. Beautiful rooms, beautiful views, great service. Teofilo at The Ridge is an excellent server, please take good care of him if you go. Vidi at Kids Club is a joy; the kids adore being around her.
My only gripe is the food at Calima. Not very fresh and there are flies buzzing around. Service there is iffy too. Also, when we checked into our room, there were bloodstains on the sheets over the sofabed, ugh! But the staff moved us quickly and took care of us, so they get a pass. Getting into your room in Mexico is always a pain. For instance, we had made reservations at The Ridge, and because The Ridge room wasn't available the staff put us into a room at the Playa Grande but didn't tell us it was the Playa Grande since The Ridge is more expensive. But we knew because we had stayed there before so we had to bother the front desk to give us the lower rate. But, what the heck, it's Mexico.
Spa is nice and the staff there is attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos