We just returned from a week long stay at the playa grande (2 adults, kids ages 11,9,7). This is the second year in a row we've stayed here, and getting the room we want also seems to be a little more difficult than expected. Our initial room was nice enough (good view, close to the beach), but on the ground floor. We didn't want the ground floor because we like to keep the doors open at night, and tried to switch to a higher floor. They weren't able to accommodate us until our second day, which is always a drag when you want to fully unpack. However, our new room on the 4th floor of the M building worked out great. Room was clean, well appointed. One bedroom with double couch and pull out twin.
• all inclusive never makes sense for us because our kids don't eat enough to justify it. Nor does the breakfast buffet. We hit costco and load up on eggs, bacon, baked goods, fruit, juices, milk and cereal for a week's worth of breakfast for less money than one morning at the buffet (even with 50% off for kids). We also bought things like chips and beer, and some lunch items, although we ordered lunch at the pool most days.
• I've simply come to expect to be nickled and dimed to pay for everything (Internet, gym, etc) .
• we didn't do the dinner fiesta this year, but have before. It's worth doing once. Good entertainment and fun for kids.
• we like going into town for dinner. Better selection, not too far of a walk along the Marina, and more reasonably priced. Enjoyed el pescadorall and hacienda coyote this year.
• lots of fun at los cerritos beach. First time there. At mile marker 65km on way to todos Santos. No signs but exit on the dirt road heading towards the water. Restaurant, surf and boogie boards for rent. Great and safe for kids of all ages.
• pool area is great for kids. Lots of variety for all ages.
• pool staff not speedy, but not as slow as some other reviews have suggested
Overall, reasonable value for what you get. Good location. Good for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos