My husband and I stayed at Playa Grande at the beginning of November for 6 days. I'm a little OCD when I research the hotels we vacation, and I felt we made a great choice staying at this Resort. The resort was lovely, we found it to be in great condition. We were impressed with our room, exceptional size for the price! At check in we did get the room runaround. They couldn't locate our exact reservation and then tried to move us to The Ridge. I had booked online and specifically paid more for an ocean view,which they couldn't confirm the room type they were offering at the ridge. I was pretty adamant with them that they stick to our original reservation. After a few minutes of discussion and enlisting a manager suddenly a room like we booked was found to be available at Playa.
We were on the fence about choosing all-inclusive, but at the last minute decided to go for it. We were glad we did. All food and drink prices are very comparable to what you would find on vacation in the states. The breakfast buffet was about $32 and same for dinner. All inclusive was $80 per person per day. We found that we had easily spent that amount by mid afternoon by eating breakfast, lunch, and a few drinks at the pool. While all of the rooms have a kitchen, and many people pick up their own food and drink supplies apron arrival, however you cannot take your own food or drinks to the pool. We have been to different resorts throughout Mexico and felt the food was good compared to other experiences.
We did not have one person approach us about timeshares. At check in we refused the "welcome packet" talk and that was as close as we ever got.
One evening as we were walking back to the resort from the marina my husband cut his foot on a rock near the security entrance. It was a surface cut, but was excessively bleeding. Security saw us and immediately took my husband aside to administer first aid. They did an excellent and thorough job, also making a record of it and taking our names and room number. We also saw that they have a small medical clinic on the property which, fortunately, we didn't have to use.
My husband dives and went for 3 of the days we were there. He had a great experience and got some amazing pictures. Surprisingly there were not many people diving despite the excellent conditions.
Over all we had a lovely time. This not our first time to Mexico, but our first time to Cabo. In general we found the demographic of Playa to be around 50+. We are in our late 30's and felt we were in the minority. Cabo is very Americanized. Almost all of the servers spoke English very well. If we do not return to Cabo or Playa it is only because we prefer to have a bit more authentic cultural experience outside of the US. Thank you to the entire Playa Grande staff for providing a great vacation for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos