Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$275
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$354
$260
Bookit.com
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$294
$254
$340
$286
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$757
$193
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$186
$148
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$429
Preferred Hotels
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$320
$261
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
11,287 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driversfree shuttlepresidential suitetime shareall inclusive plansushi restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed April 14, 2007

Me, my husband,son and family friends recently returned from a stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset. It is a quiet lovely reasort tucked into the hills overlooking the Pacific ocean. Everything everyone says about the hotel is true, including the time-share people. We got very used to saying no. We stayed in a Presidential Suite, which had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living room and a patio with a jacuzzi hot tub and incredible view of the ocean! The decor was beautiful, and 7 of us slept very comfortably there.
While it was away from the downtown part of the city, you could take the free shuttle or cab very easily; which we did. When we return to Cabo, we may consider staying somewhere closer, except for one thing that the Pueblo Bonito Sunset has, that no other hotel may have: Dr Edguardo!
You see, my husband developed conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes the second day of our stay. It was very bad and very uncomfortable. What the Pueblo Bonito has, is an on-site medical clinic. What a life saver! We called the concierge and they sent Dr. Edguardo to our room for a house call. You can't even get that in the states. He wrote my husband a prescription and then called the concierge to have it delivered to our room. My husband never even had to leave the room, and began his treatment right away. We are grateful that we did not have to venture into the town to figure out how to get my husband cared for and prescriptions filled. Thanks to this service, we didn't have our vacation ruined, and he was ready to play in two days.

For a first time to Cabo, I would highly recommend this hotel.

6  Thank netgirl59
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I agree with a previous reviewer. The golf carts are fun the first time you ride in them, but after that, they become such a pain. After arriving at the main building, I forgot my wallet in my room and had to go back. The round trip took 30 minutes.

We stayed in a hotel room (vs. a timeshare) and the room deserves a 2.5 rating. The walls were thin enough to hear your neighbors, and especially the ice machine a few feet away. The screen door to our balcony fell off. After complaining to the front desk, we were moved to another hotel room, where there were no problems.

Overall, the resort is very upscale with a friendly staff, and the views are spectacular. You never have to wake up at the crack of dawn to save a lounge chair by one of the pools. I never felt crowded out at any of the swimming pools, not even at dusk at the sky pool (they don’t call it Sunset Beach for nothing!). There were times when I was the only person in a pool.

Sunset Beach has a good assortment of food choices, from a deli/mart, to an affordable family-style bistro, to a romantic restaurant. The prices were decent and the food was good. We had no problems with the water or the food. (The resort filters its own water.)

If you plan on enjoying a quiet, relaxing vacation, with no major sightseeing plans, Sunset Beach is an option. It could take a half hour to get to town. Make sure to get a room you're satisfied with, and consider walking up the steep hills, instead of waiting for a golf cart.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TravelBuddiesSF
Reviewed April 14, 2007

First of all, I'd like to preface this review with the fact that I have visited Los Cabos about 5 times in the last 6 years so I know the area pretty well. I actually own a time share in the region and
I stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (PBSB) as part of a time share
exchange.

The facility is located on the picturesque seaside mountains of the Pacific side of Los Cabos. The resort itself is a beautiful resort and I had the opportunity to stay in a beautiful super executive suite complete with Terrace Jacuzzi.

My review is as follows:

1.Resort Layout- The grounds are new and quite beautiful. The lobby, restaurants, chapel, gym, and Spa are quite nice. There is a drug store and several well-stocked (but overpriced) delis on the premisies.

The beach is quite beautiful but totally unusuitable for swimming (as are many of the beaches in Los Cabos) due to the current and undertow. Do not even think about venturing into this water. Moreover, I was told by one of my building neighbors that 2 guests apparently drowned during our stay.

Although picturesque the resort is built into the side of the mountain (this was done in order to ensure that each room has an ocean view). As a resort, the major form of transporation up and down
the resort is by the use of golf carts. At first it seems okay, but by the end of the week you get sick and tired of waiting for these carts. I actually ended up walking uphill quite often. Also, on major check out days (Monday and Fridays) the wait for a cart can be quite lengthy. On a "check out" Monday, we were stuck at the lower pool for almost 20 min before someone came to drive us to our room. I would have walked but I was with a small child who could not.

2.Restaurants- There are several restaurants to choose from at the Resort. We commonly visited Le Nao and the Bistro. Be careful of the Sunday "Champagne" Brunch at Le Nao. Unless you have a voracious appetite it is very expensive. For 2 adults and 1 child I paid approximately $105 USD for Brunch. Regular breakfast at Le Nao is even expensive. We ate dinner at Le Bistro several times at that was much better priced and had a reasonable selection. Cafe Frida is a Mexican restaurant but does not allow young children. The food at the restaurants was good but not great. The suites all have kitchens so we often ate breakfast and occasionally lunch in our suite. Much better meals can be had at restaurants in Cabo San Lucas (e.g., Mocambo). If you participate in the time share sales presentation you
will earn $200 USD in discount food certificates that can be used at all PBSB restaurants

3.GYM and SPA- The GYM has an excellent selection of equipment. Very nice. If you are not an owner, there is a $15 USD per use fee. Expensive. The SPA is expensive, but I live in NYC and these prices are on par for this region. If you partcipate in the time share presentation you can purchase a $100 Spa certificate for $60. I has a Swedish massage and it was very well done. Professional and therapeutic. The SPA is excellent and has a wide variety of treatments.

4.Chapel-Beautiful. Services (I believe Catholic-it is Mexico) are held on Sundays. I am not sure if any other services are held.

5.Pools- Great variety. Nice selection for adults and kids. The Sky Pool is beautiful and tends to be quieter. Drink strength can vary but the drinks were quite good. Pool food is just that...pool food. A word to the wise of you use the sky pool, do not let your loved ones jump from the upper pool ledge into the lower pool. A 50 something year old woman tried this and ended need several sticthes to her head. Using transportation to and from the pools is a bit of a nuisance...walk if you can.

6.Rooms- The rooms were quite spacious and the bathrooms very nice. The kitchen is more than adequate. There are not enough outlets in the rooms. Maid service was reliable. One problem we didn't like were
the BUGS. Beetles visited us about 5 times during our 1 week stay. And I ended up disposing of a very large spider that decided to visit. I guess this is expected since the resort is built into the side of desert terrain. Apparently, this is probably common since a can of bug spray and a fly swatter was provided n the room by the hotel. That being said, besides the bugs, the room was very nice. Also, as of yet the rooms have no internet access. Although, I don't usually vacation with a laptop, but there were quite a few people who were sitting in the main courtyard using the free wireless internet provided. However, given the fact that everytime you want to use the internet it is a decent walk or golf cart ride from your room, it seemed to be quite a pain. In room internet access is supposedly going to be available later this year.

7.Time Share Presentation- These are heavily marketed properties and be prepared to be invited to a time share sales presentation. Despite the fact that I already own in LOS CABOS and had no interest in buying another time share in the same region, the sales picthed continues for NEARLY 2 HOURS....Again, "NO SALES PRESSURE" but you
"MUST ACT NOW TO LOCK IN THE PRICE". Annoying but the food discount certificates made up for this.

8.Location of Property- The property is nestled in the mountains on the West Cape of Los Cabos facing the Pacific Ocean. A cab ride into Cabo San Lucas costs about $10 USD each way. There is a free shuttle that will take you to the Pueblo Bonito Rose (which has reportedly usuable beach). The shuttle runs about every 30 min; however, make sure that you make a reservation with the concierge, especially during high traffic times. You can walk from the PB Rose into the main areas of CSL, but it is a walk over poorly paved, narrow sidewalks.

9.Car Rental-A prologed car rental is not necessary. I did rent a car for two days which gave me more freedom and let me visit the lovely and quieter Todos Santos and San Jose Del Cabo. I also was able to go into town and buy groceries for our room. The hotel has an onsite AVIS car rental but the rates were much higher than other sites. I went with other sites and saved almost $30 day. Car rental in Mexico is very expensive because getting the insurance is virtually a must (many U.S. insurances won't cover you in Mexico). Avis wanted $110 USD/day for a 4 door Toyota or VW Jetta. Trust me there are cheaper deals in town.

Overall, the place is very nice but the constant need for golf cart transporation becomes a nuisance. They claim that this is a 5 diamond
resort. I must be honest my other Time Share property in Los Cabos (which I will not name since I don't want to bias this review) does not have a 5 Star distinction and is a much nicer property with beach
access. I do believe that this property will improve with time. Would I stay here again ...yes. Would it be my first choice in Los Cabos..for the reasons above..no.

I will try to post pictures later.

8  Thank ultramet
Reviewed April 11, 2007

Wow! This was our second time at this resort. We stayed in building 20 near the Sky Pool. Views with whales were gorgeous. Our goal is to never take the golf cart/shuttles. We had 6 people in our group. The 30-year old female loved the tighter body at the end of our week. The 55-year olds enjoyed watching her huff and puff as we went up and down to the many restaurants and pools. No need for a gym if you don't take the carts.

Staff is awesome, and all public areas are immaculate.

Happy Hour is never ending. This resort has a rotating one hour happy hour from pool to pool and bar to bar. We tried to make it to all of them but never made it past the third.

This time we tried some of the buffets. We lived in Napa for 5 years and know gourmet. Well, we were pleasantly surprised with all three: Italian, Asian, and Seafood. The sushimi was yum, and the Asian stir fry was excellent. Sunset's beef is very tasty. At the pool, have their hamburger. Our Italian friend said the Italian night was great...what does he know? All he ate was their pasta.

A must is a trip to the Pacifica. You can take the free van every hour. One day we took the van. The next day we walked it. It is the most peaceful place in the world, very Zen. I had a massage under the falls. The quality of the food and service is excellent.

One of the couples took the timeshare tour for $200 food credit and $100 spa credit. They told the salespeople they were not buying and had a 90 minute tour with a very interesting salesman from Chicago. Their junior suite sells for $7K odd year but you can buy it from Deb Jones at Holiday Group for under 1500.

Our favorite pool is by building 27. We stayed her the first time. Very quiet, small, and centrally located.

We'll be back.

Stayed: March 2007
14  Thank justdoitTemecula
Reviewed April 11, 2007

This was our third time at Sunset and we look forward to going many more times. The resort is absolutely beautiful, and with 6 pools, you can easily find a place for action or relaxation. We have only been asked once on each visit if we wanted to listen to the time share speech, and once we said no, we were not bothered again. The food is very good, and being able to use the sister facilities downtown also added a change of scenery. We were never bothered by the carts--I find it amusing that someone would find it okay to walk to restaurants downtown but won't walk to their room in their own resort! All 3 times I visited this resort I never heard anyone complain about the golfcarts-they have always been very prompt and couteous drivers. If you stayed in the homes at Montecristo, it is a pain, but within the lower resort the views are lovely and walking is not a big deal. I should mention I had 5 young children vacationing with us and none of them complained about walking, or the golfcarts! I would highly recommend this resort --it is very different from your average hotel scene and had a variety of ages groups visiting, too.

8  Thank CaboloverNJ