We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo for two weeks at the end of January. I have to say..if you have a chance to stay at this resort TAKE IT! Approaching the resort you are greeted to the winding hill side covered with terraces of beautiful flowers and villas. Check in was a breeze and what a great surprise finding a beautiful spacious room with a balcony overlooking a fantastic view of the Pacific. We could watch the whales from our viewpoint!
The resort has numerous pools, each with a seemingly different culture from quiet to family, to the partiers. All of the pools were warm and the hot tubs were very well attended to. The pools were a nice treat as the ocean at the resort has a great rip tide prohibiting the ocean dips. You can however take the resort shuttle to one of several sister resorts where ocean swimming and acitivities can be found. The shuttle was a very nice tool in getting closer to town and around to the other resorts.
To get around the resort staff members transport you in golf carts which are summoned from your room or various destinations around the resort. We never had to wait long for the carts and the drivers were a riot to visit with.
Food at the resort was special as well. A+ from the luncheon bar food to the casual dining and or special dining experience. We did not care for the Mexican Buffett night held at the resort, however. If you have a chance to dine at the Sunday Bruch, go hungry as this is the most magnificent brunch any of us had ever been treated to.
The resort has something for everyone. Families, couples, retirees and all. We treated ourselves to a massage at the Pacifica. I can't tell you how great the treatment is there. Aside from the massage( which was the best ever) the setting, staff, and all accomodations is top notch.
Yes, you will be asked to attend an owners presentation, but the tour of the entire resort is worth the couple hours and they treated you to a very nice breakfast.
So, consider the Pueblo Bonito in Cabo. You have several options with the Rose, the Blanco, Sunset Beach or the Pacifica. All are great.
A few tips: book your tours and excursions from Lazarro Andrade down at the pier. He gets you great deals from fishing, whale watching, dinner cruises, to four wheelers through the dessert. The four wheeler trip with (Cactus Company) was outstanding. Nearly three hours long and you travel through thick desert terraine ending up at the pacific with a view you won't forget. Finding Lazaro isn't hard...have a great breakfast at the Baha Cantina on the pier and you can't miss him. His boat is docked right in front of the diner.
Be sure to visit the flea market off of the pier. Great deals. Look for Alejandro. If he doesn't have what you want...he will find it.
Across from the cinema, Greenberg's serves fantastic sandwiches to fine cuisine. We stopped there for a light meal and in the course of visiting wih the staff just mentioned we were hungry for bananas foster. In what seemed like seconds, were were being treated to banans foster and Mexican coffee flambe! We were there on a Friday evening, live entertainement (a young man from Mazatlan) who could sing anything!
That's it. GO. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos