We stayed at PBSB 8/18/06 - 8/22/06. After reading all (and I do mean all!) the reviews for this hotel I was afraid our expectations were perhaps a bit high. I am happy to report, we were not dissapointed!
After check in we were directed to the "welcome desk" to speak to someone about the "welcome package". Well, thanks to all the nice folks on TA, we knew to side step that area in a hurry!
Unfortunately that doesn't mean you are home free as far as the timeshare sharks are concerned. Our first evening there, we dined at the Bistro restaurant. When our meal was finished, we were approached by an employee who broached the subject in a round-about way. My husband saw where he was going with that, and politely declined any further conversation. The next day, while IN the main pool, my husband was approached again. Yes, in the water, lol. Again, he politely dismissed the gentleman. The next morning, lo and behold, the phone rang in the room... guess who? Yep, yet another offer of the "welcome package". Again, politely dismissed. That was the last of thier attempts. Thank goodness!
Other than that nonsense... every employee we encountered was very nice, very accomadating. The golf cart drivers were great and of the five days we were there, there was only one occasion that we had to wait a few minutes for a cart. Every other time, we would call to request one from our room on the fourth floor and by the time we took the elevator to the pick up spot, they were there waiting for us. We were never bothered by the noise of the carts, however, we were on the 4th floor. So, I'm not sure how bothersome it would be if your room was near a roadway. They sure were handy to have around, as it is a large resort, with many levels and it beats walking any far length, especially in the heat!
We never made it to Fridas, but did eat at Bistro and LaNao's. Both get a thumbs up from this couple. We also hit the deli near the lobby a couple of times. No complaints there, either. And, if you are not up to leaving the room to dine, they offer 24 hr room service.
There are 4 pools on the property. We only used 2 of them, the main pool and a smaller one very near our room (#2741). Both had swim up bars, we even ate a grilled lunch at the main pool. The pools are beautiful and impecably maintained. Towels were plentiful, as were the lounge chairs, although if you are hoping for a cabana at the main pool, best to arrive early as they go fast.
The maid service was the only minor complaint we had, their arrival times were sporadic, we were shorted a couple of towels a couple of times, and on one day the maid took our bath soap and didn't replace it. And on one occassion a dirty cleaning cloth was left on the vanity, on another, they left a spray bottle of cleaning solution on the kitchen counter. We did have turn down service our first night there, but nothing for the rest of the trip. Not a problem though. (just in case you're thinking they didn't get tipped well, they did, everyday! lol)
The resort offers a pillow menu and I took advantage of that. After the first night, I called and requested a softer pillow. I had a new one at our door within 15 minutes.
The grounds are beautiful and also impecably maintained. Just gorgeous!
They offer a free shuttle bus that travels into town and will drop you off at the PB Rose. It's a Mercedes bus, very comfortable and with very efficient AC. Once at the Rose, you can walk into town, or take cab for about $6 usd. However, if you prefer to skip the shuttle ride, we found it was only $10 usd for a taxi into town from PBSB. And there are always taxis parked at the resort, just waiting for a fare.
All in all, we were very pleased with the PBSB and without a doubt, would recommend a stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos