We are back from another awesome, spectacular, relaxing, etc. trip to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach from 7/28 – 8/4. We were there last year for our 13th anniversary and became owners. We were back this year for our 14th. We had a smooth flight and a breeze (about 5 minutes in line) through customs. Waiting outside was Cape Travel with a sign with our name on it. I surprised my wife with a limo from the airport to Sunset Beach. It was so nice to jump in and have a nice ride to SB. We booked a private suburban through Cape Travel for our return. Our return flight was at 1:00 so they told us that they would pick us up at 10:00 a.m. We arrived at 9:45 and they were there waiting for us. Both rides were nice and comfortable. We enjoyed the suburban better. It was brand new and very comfortable. We can’t see ourselves catching the shuttle again (always private suburban). We paid $85 for the suburban. We would have paid $34 for the shuttle. It was well worth the extra $51 to have the comfortable ride and not have to wait. We arrived at SB at 3:00 and our room was ready. We were in building 14 (top floor). We had an amazing view and it was very relaxing. Once we got to the room the rest was history. Just as it was last year, everything was absolutely amazing. The view, grounds, etc were amazing. It wasn’t crowded at all. Around 4:30 Monday evening we did notice a line of about 25 people waiting for golf carts at the main building. It looks like they had just checked in. I was told that Monday’s are the big check-in day for owners. We prefer Friday to Friday and had no problem checking it or out.
We enjoy walking up and down the hills and beautiful hidden stairs so we didn’t use the golf carts too much. When we use it (usually for dinner), we never had to wait more then 3 minutes.
Building 14 was in a perfect location. We were able to walk anywhere we wanted to.
The SPA was wonderful. We had 2 couple’s massages. We used the wet area about 4 times. It was just awesome. The flavored waters and teas, the nice robes, lockers, lounge chairs, etc.
We didn’t use the gym. We chose to walk instead and enjoy the wonderful views and well landscaped grounds. We walked the beach 2 times and it was wonderful.
We spent a lot of time on the balcony relaxing, enjoying the sound of the waves, enjoying the view, etc.
We spent one day at the mid pool (by building 26) and 1 day at the main pool. We didn’t have a problem finding a chair with umbrella or cabana.
We ate at Bristro about 3 times (breakfast and lunch). We had the Asian buffet on Friday and the Seafood night on Thursday. Both were excellent. We had dinner at Siempre (Pacifica) one night and as usual the service and food was excellent. We had our anniversary dinner at Pitahayas (Sheraton). Thanks all for the recommendation! The view and food was amazing!. We had a few flies, but it wasn’t that bad. We used room service for breakfast twice and it was great. The timing was perfect.
Our most disappointing experience was our dinner at Mi Casa. Since several people had suggested it for an anniversary dinner so we had set our expectation a little high. Thank goodness we didn’t take that advice and eat there for our anniversary. We chose to have dinner there one night. I had a nice pair of slacks and shirt and my wife had a nice evening dress with mini heels and we were WAY OVER DRESSED. The food was OK. There were a lot of flies. That set us next to a small water fountain. The wind constantly blew the water on us. This is definitely not an anniversary dinner environment. I couldn’t go there again unless we are off the beach and want a quick lunch (definitely not for diner).
If you want to relax, enjoy time with your spouse and enjoy so wonderful well-landscaped grounds. You can’t go wrong with Sunset Beach. We will be back next year. We are trying to decide if we want to carry our 2 boys (6 & 9) with us next year. We know they will enjoy it, but we just want to be selfish and go one more time by ourselves :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos