“Another Great Vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Plainfield, Illinois
“Another Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was my second time to this resort. I went 4 years ago when it was not all inclusive and I did not see a difference. I loved the all inclusive, I thought the food was great, wonderfully presented and a wide variety of choices. The reason we decided to do the all inclusive was we traveled with 3 children ages, 10, 9, and 4. I felt we saved a ton of money and avoided having to make a trip to Walmart.
I have a hard time understanding some of the other peoples reviews. Every person we came across bent over backwards to please us. We never waited more than 10 minutes at most for a golf cart and the staff was excellent. There are a few I want to write about, Rodolf at the main pool waited on us almost the whole trip. He did an outstanding job!! My kids wanted something every time he walked by and he happily and with a smile got it for them. We also had Javier at the main pool our last day. He too, was outstanding. Our food was always right, there was 7 people in our party, and we wore them out. We went to all the restaurants on site, each one being very delicious with wonderful choices.
Our rooms are huge, spacious, very clean and my husband is a clean freak. We stayed right on the beach in building 400. It was a fast walk to the main pool and with kids I totally recommend this. If you stay in the towers I can see how you would have to wait a bit longer for carts because there are way more rooms in the towers. I will say all the rooms have a beautiful view and being build on the mountain makes this place so unique.
We did make a trip on the bus to the sister resort to splash in the ocean. I hated going to the other side. The reason was all the vendors on the beach. You can't walk on the beach without a ton of locals trying to sell you something. I guess I got so spoiled at the private beach at Sunset. You can walk the beach but you can't go in the ocean which actually is fine with me.
I am already looking forward and planning our next trip back. Thank you for an absolutely perfect family vacation.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, I would stay in the units close to the ocean and the main pool. You can walk...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank klmsaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,425)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Pueblo Bonito Sunset was amazing from beginning to end. We had friends who own a timeshare at Sunset, so we stayed in their presidential suite. It was absolutely beautiful! We were in Villa 19... in my opinion, the best location in terms of view and location to the sky pool.
You get around the resort by golf cart. You call the golf cart on our room phone and they arrive in 5 minutes or less which is great!
The sky pool is unlike any pool I've ever seen. It is on the side of a mountain and has an infinity pool that looks like it drops off into the ocean. If you go to the sky pool, make sure you sit in ALFREDO's section. He is the BEST! Made our experience so personal. He remembered us each day we came to the pools and provided excellent service. So much so, we didn't even visit any of the other pools.
The food at the resort is just average. We went into town every night for dinner and did not do all inclusive.
A cab ride to town is only $12 and there are so many great restaurant options in town.
We ended up buying a timeshare with Pueblo Bonito. We can't wait to come back for a 100 more years!!

Room Tip: Villa 19 is close to Sky Pool and stunning pool.
8 Thank TravelinMarie
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The facilities are very nice. The resort is very well maintained. The views are awesome because it is built on the side of a mountain. However, we quickly realized this was a huge inconvenience. To get anywhere, you have to wait for/call a golf cart. This results in a lot of waiting in the hot sun. If the golf cart does come, but it's not going the direction you want, you have to keep waiting. The resort is simply not walkable because of the steep inclines, which is a huge inconvenience. The restaurant food was average for a buffet. The Chinese restaurant by the lobby was horrible. The best food was the poolside bar food and the sunset sushi restaurant. Checkin took forever. For some reason it takes them 30 min to Checkin each person. Every time you walk in the lobby, you will be hounded by timeshare people. We finally gave in. What they promised was a 90 min presentation turned into 3 hrs. After you get your certificate and spa credits from the timeshare presentation, the spa still charges you taxes, which cannot be paid for with the certificate. These come out to about 25%. Despite the resort having an "all-inclusive" option, several things weren't included. The wifi which was included in the package was a hassle. We had to keep going to the front desk and calling the help desk to get it to work. They don't readily tell you this, but room service is included in the all inclusive, so take advantage (some staff tell you there is an additional charge for it, but there wasn't). The 24 hour bistro has a very scant selection at night. If you want good service poolside, you have to tip very well. Finally, on our last day, we didn't have time to eat so we tried to get a sandwich to-go. They absolutely refused, which was annoying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MSGSWG
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. Feedback like yours is well appreciated to improve our services. We deeply regret the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced at Sunset Beach.

We have taken a step forward regarding our golf cart transportation by bringing an expert on that field. This individual will make a study and will point out our needs. We do know that more cars are needed but we also need to identify better routes and more training for our drivers. He will help us on this.

Regarding our new restaurant we have taken corrective actions as well as with our check in and check out process.
We are also checking with the WiFi provider to ensure we have less problems as possible and we are also verifying that the overnight menu for the Bistro and the Suite Service is the same and meets the standard required.

Again, I appreciate your comments and we look forward to hosting you again at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa.

Mizraim Corpus, General Manager
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a 2 bedroom which was beautiful. Great view of the pool and ocean. We found our building 40-41 was a great location. The maid service was very good. Sometimes waited for golf cart. Most drivers were very courteous. Some drove like an L.A. police chase down the narrow paths. Food preparation and service at the pool was very poor. 45 minutes after ordering, I went to the snack bar and asked where my burger was. The response was it is taking time to make it. When I got my burger it was not even cooked. However the Bistro was excellent and with the all inclusive, room service breakfast on the balcony was great with only a $5 service charge. The fitness room was very good. Beware of the high pressure timeshare sales. After checking in we were approached by the "Welcome Desk". When we said we weren't interested, they followed us into the parking lot. We were isolated from Cabo but overall we were very pleased with the week we spent there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
salt lake city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Monte Cristo Villas are great and Patricia our housekeeper was the best. I have never had poor service from the staff here at P.B.S.B and the M.C. Villas.
We attended three activities at the main pool, all were excellent. The young staff at the main pool, Julio for the Latin Dance and Monserrat and Sahara for the Mexican Bingo and tie dye tee shirts were outstanding. They made this trip a lot of fun.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank ghanarxgurl
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have been guests at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort for the past 6 years. However, the past two years due to the All Inclusive package, it has turned into Spring Breakers Galore. During our recent stay at the Resort there was vomiting in the main pool, screaming, a lot of drunk young guests passed out at the pool and in the pool bathroom, etc., etc., etc. The resort is no long a nice relaxing oasis! I feel that the quality of the food is horrible now, the drinks and wine are less than impressive. Management was no where to be found! We will no longer be a guest at this hotel!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sasclassics
San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was looking to buy a time share here but decided to stay here before I did. The service definitely ruined it. Ridiculous that I have to wait over 25 minutes for a golf cart. They need a lot more of them. Everyone I talked to thought it was ridiculous too. Then once the golf carts finally arrive, most of the time the drivers are rude! Actually most all of the workers are rude and they don't seem to care much about you. Service by the pools was so slow and once again, they don't even pay attention to you so prepare to have to flag them down or wait an hour. Food is ok. I do recommend the bistro. Food and service there was good. Overall I did not like how myself and other guests were treated so I definitely decided not to purchase a time share here. I will look else where

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ksmith901
Thank you very much for your comments. We make every effort to ensure that our guests have the best experience possible, and this can only be accomplished if we have feedback such as yours to let us know of any areas in which we have failed you.
We deeply regret the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced at Sunset Beach that change your mind to become a part of our family.

Again, I appreciate your comments and we look forward to hosting you again at the spectacular Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa in the near future.

Warm Regards,