Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$274
$267
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$382
$330
$427
$361
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$398
$335
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$397
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$284
$204
Melia.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$473
$216
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$607
$177
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$762
$632
10,704 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driverspresidential suitefree shuttletime shareall inclusive planasian restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family just returned from Cabo where half of us stayed at the Sunset and half stayed at the Rose. If we go back, I'll definitely stay at the Rose.

The pros for the Sunset were the beautiful settings, the cleanliness and the sky pool which is beyond amazing.

Unfortunately the cons summed up our experience:

1. I know it was the holiday season and many staff were probably on vacation as well, but the lack of service was apalling. At one point we had to wait over 20 minutes for the golf cart to our room. Another time, after waiting nearly 40 minutes we ended up walking (despite the attendant telling us someone would be along any minute).

2. The Bistro cafe had some of the worst service I've ever experienced but due to lack of options, we were forced to eat there three times. The first time we sat for 15 minutes and finally had to ask if we were going to get service. During this time we were told we could pay in pesos or charge to the room (understandable). The food was average. The second time we received average service and cold food and paid in pesos. The final time, after ordering, we waited 40 minutes for our food. Our watier came by and asked if we enjoyed our meal, at which point we informed him that we hadn't eaten yet. He looked surprised and rushed off. Moments later our food arrived. Cold. At the end of the meal we tried to pay in pesos and were told that the restaruant does not, nor has it ever, accepted payment in pesos.

3. Although it's on the beach, you can't go in the water due to the current and undertow.

Overall there was a real push regarding the time share (we are owners but were constantly approached with a very hard sale to upgrade) and to go all-inclusive. The general feeling of our group is that the prices have been escalated to force everyone to choose the all-inclusive option.

If you're going to go to a Pueblo Bonita property in Cabo, stay at the Rose. Better service, better location, better overall.

1  Thank TAH99
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments about the golf carts and The Bistro Restaurant, we will take your comments into consideration to improve the quality of our service at The Bistro, we are continually training our staff members to give you a better service and also to provide you with the best quality on your food. We apologize for the waiting on the golf carts, a year from now we have increased the number of golf carts to make a more efficient job on the hotel transportation. Once again we appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you anytime soon.

Best Regards,
Jose Ernesto Coppel, General Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I eloped and we couldn't have picked a better place to do so. Denise was the best wedding coordinator, my hair and make-up was done exactly as I had requested and they even helped me fit into the complicated wedding dress. Our ceremony was on the beach and we couldn't have asked for a better sunset, minister and setting. Douglas, Ricardo and Victor made our delicious dinner which we ate on the beach at sunset, happily married and sipping champagne. I can't recommend this place enough. The setting, employees and other guests are all wonderful!

Room Tip: Definitely get the all inclusive food plan. It totally pays for itself in the end, especially if you enjoy alcohol and room service.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chantal T
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great vacation…I will share the pros and cons of Sunset, we are timeshare owners!

Pros: We spent a week here at Sunset during their busiest time of the year, December 25th and had a WONDERFUL experience. Most of the staff was friendly, grounds were kept up beautiful and our housekeeper Rosa "Rosita" was wonderfully attentive to all our needs. Our 2 bedroom suite was very clean and the kitchen was well equipped with all the essentials. We had a hot tub on our balcony which worked great. The cart service was quite prompt and friendly and the free shuttle service between hotels was nice and easy. The sky pool is by far the prettiest view and most relaxing of them all. The concierge service was helpful and always attentive.

Cons: We felt the restaurants on the property are expensive and the quality of food was below average, with extremely slow service: pool food was by far the best. Taxi price into town was quite pricey $3 a person and we had a party of 7, roundtrip $42! The living room couch which turns into a bed is hard. The roll away bed we received needed serviced…most of the springs were broken.

Helpful Hints: book your free shuttle service the day before or you won't get a reservation. Get out to the pool no later than 9:30 or you won't get a lounge chair.

7  Thank Wendi92679
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We are owners and come every other year. We love it here--the employees are so nice, the grounds are beautiful, and the room works perfectly for these four friends. We've always stayed in a different location at the resort and have never been disappointed--a different kind of view of each place. While you can't swim in the ocean, that's not a problem for us. While there are families there, it's easy to find a pool that's quiet (though I do wish parents would respect the "adults only" pool). We actually like that it's on a hill--you can choose to get exercise by walking up and down or you can take the carts. We especially like that it's outside of Cabo itself--we like to go into town for shopping, etc., but don't want that busyness all the time, we like the quiet. It's true that we need to go to the owner's luncheon and they try to upgrade us, but we just enjoy it and it gives us time to learn about changes and to be sure that what we have is what we want--we've never been given a problem if we say no. I know this may not be right for everyone, but we sure like it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank panda618
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I just returned from the Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach for a week with my husband and triplets. It's a beautiful resort, great pools, a good all inclusive for families. Please be aware that even if you book for a week, we were told when we checked in, we would have to move rooms after two nights from building 26 to 27. Not a big deal if it was only my husband and I, but I had triplets with toys, Xmas gifts, and basically a lot to pack and move. I was not happy about this at check in, I had clients I had brought to the resort and this was an inconvenience. After two nights I called the front desk and they said to pack up all my luggage, and I could get my new room around 2:00. When I arrived for my new room, they now had decided to move me way up by the sky pool in building 23. I had three small children, and the sky pool is beautiful, but clearly is not for children. My kids were upset because we were so far from the other pools and beach. You need to know when you book this hotel, this can happen since people own certain units, and if an owner comes in to stay while you are there, they will move you to another room. I do believe this happened because the resort is very busy over the holidays
I had previously called multiple times and also emailed the reservations to kindly request a room that works for small children, but ended up with 5 nights way up by the sky pool. As a travel agent, if that happens to my clients I book, they are going to call me and want help with this. The front desk employees Fernando and Celeste were very nice, but I was surprised the hotel wasn't going to offer my any credits for the trouble of having to move rooms, and then be put up in the highest part of the resort where I had requested not to be. Had we gotten to stay in our first room, or even been able to stay around a more child accessible room, I would have highly recommended this resort for families, however, it really did put a damper on our vacation being way up high away by the sky pool. This is a more adult area. I did finally get a $75 spa credit after I basically let them know they can't expect to move visitors around rooms unless they are going to do something for their inconvenience.
On our last day, a man named Roberto I believe was checking with guests at the pool about their stay. He was very nice and agreed they should not have moved me to the top of the hill with three small children. I did tell him as a travel agent, I was he to find good all inclusives for families, and the executive suite is fantastic. Many all inclusives are hard to book with three children, because they limit you to four to a room. The superior executive suite with hot tub worked marvelous with my family. Roberto did get me a late check out and wrote down my complaint about my room assignment.
This is such a great resort for families, but some advice for other travel agents. Let your clients know that they maybe ask to move rooms, and might be moved to an area not good if they have small children. I have been to many all inclusives as a travel agent and never been moved rooms, especially to my least desired location on the resort.
This resort was very busy for the week I as there, dec. 21st to 28th, and I was good with there being no towels at the pool or loungers. I understand Christmas week is a busy time and expected some of these issues during a holiday week. Just wanted to give a heads up that the timeshare owners own particular units, so if they put you in a room that has been requested by an owner, they will move you.
I did think the staff was excellent, and they did a good job during a busy week, just disappointed this is such an incredible resort, but they need to really work on these room assignments
Travel agents, if you have any questions, you may email me at colonypainting@yahoo.com

Room Tip: You can request a room like I did for either families, or a more adult area. Didn't seam to matter in my situation with children, and I am a travel agent.