“Never Tire of Being in Paradise”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have to say, I love coming here. This time alone for a week it was heavenly. The staff knowing this treated me like a queen. Most now remembering my name and making sure I was comfortable and never bored. The food as always excellent and fresh, with special needs being met when requested. My room had a glitch when I checked in and within minutes all was made well by the front desk, maintenance and room service.

Other than issues I still have with the sales office my stay was perfect and I will be returning as soon as possible. Thank you to all at the front desk, lobby bar, the Bistro and the La Nae for incredible service and love. I miss you all and look forward to seeing you again soon. To Louise and Fernando at the Front desk, Armando in the bistro, All the staff at the Lobby Bar, you are the best. Those who serve at the pool outside 40 and 41, you rock!

Room Tip: My favorite building is 40-41. You have the pool right there and can walk almost anywhere from here...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Marianne C
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Marianne C,

You deserve to be treated like a queen! Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review us, looking forward to welcome you anytime soon.

Jose Ernesto Coppel, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Alejandro Garcia, the food runner at the Pool Villa17, was absolutely great! He made us feel welcome throughout our two week stay. He was always friendly and wore a smile. He delivered our food and drinks quickly and efficiently. He worked as a team player with the waiters at this pool; Cesar, Arturo, Fidencia “Superman” and Samuel. Thank you all ….. for make our vacation so enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank spiritwithopenarms
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I own a timeshare at Sunset Beach. We look forward to coming to Cabo and hanging out at the sky pool. The food was excellent and the waiter keep the drinks coming. We can not express the quality of service we get from Alferdo, Federico, Jesus, Zennon, Carlos, and the other staff. They work hard to keep all the guest happy, all with a smile on there face. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the manager Ignacio. He played a great music selection and had everyone in the pool "turnt up" and dancing. I had one incident with room service, but the manager came up to my room and apologized. The service and food after that was excellent. Thanks to all the staff from the sky pool for making my Birthday extra special. I cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sasha H
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach for a week in Sept. I was a little concerned about going that time of year. We arrived a day after a storm system passed through and had gorgeous weather the whole week. We booked a 2 bedroom suite through a timeshare swap with RCI. Checking in was easy and we were given a Presidential Suite at the very top of the resort. The room was very nice, spacious, and well stocked. The master suite had a king bed and the other bedroom had two regular beds. The mattresses were firm and comfortable, but the pillows were flat and need replacing. Our balcony was large and had a hot tub, nice furniture and a gorgeous view. The first day we called maintenance after seeing some dirt in the hot tub. They came promptly and drained and cleaned the tub. The resort and grounds are beautiful. They offer several pools to choose from. We only spent time at the main pool and Sky pool and enjoyed them both. The main pool is a little louder and has a little more of a party atmosphere. The Sky pool late in the afternoon is a must do. The views are breathtaking! We received excellent service at both. As others have said, the beach here is only for walking. We took the shuttle to Rosè for some beach time. The beach there is very nice, but the many venders wanting your attention takes a lot away from the relaxing ambiance I want at a beach. I highly recommend the All Inclusive package if you plan on eating most meals at the resort and want to enjoy a few cocktails each day. There seemed to be no difference in service or food choices and the beer and liquor choices on the AI plan were familiar quality brands. The Bistro is open 24 hours and has good, pub style food. Room service was included and has a $5 delivery fee with the AI plan. To have lunch delivered to you poolside is a treat. I recommend the mahi sandwich and the civeche. Plan ahead and make reservations for the Sunday Brunch. The live jazz music and the food are a great way to start your day. Cell service is almost non existent here. That would be a problem for someone needing to be in touch with family or work. But, it was kind of nice to not hear the constant chirps, dings, ringtones and one sided conversations we have grown accustom to. We did not purchase in room wifi after reading other reviews. Free wifi is available in a couple of locations. The service is spotty and weak when several are using it at the same time. Your best bet for a strong connection is early morning or late evening. We went on the sales tour with no intentions of buying since we are owners at another resort in Cabo. Our salesman seemed more interested in selling himself than the resort. It seems he loaned the owner of Pueblo Bonito his first million to get him started. He grew up beside John Wayne and now lives near Jennifer Anniston. He recently made a commercial with George Cloonney and owns luxury properties in many locations. Not sure why he spends his time trying to sell timeshares :-/ We enjoy going to home shows so it was worth the two hours we spent with him to tour the luxury homes and villas that are part of their program. Just be sure to get the details if you are offered a resort credit to take the tour. The things covered under the credit are very limited. One place the credit can be used is the spa. The spa is small but offers a good variety of services. Overall, the resort is beautiful, well maintained and well managed. But, what sets them on top is their service. Everyone from front desk and cart drivers to house keeping and wait staff seem to go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your time there. They are eager to help and do so with a smile. We enjoyed our stay here immensely. I want to share a couple of story from our trip that left me highly impressed with PBSB.

We were a group of six ladies on a girls trip. On the first morning we awoke in Cabo one lady in our group was very sick with nausea and vomiting. She had started getting sick during the night and her condition was deteriorating with extreme weakness, shakes and muscles spasm. I called the front desk and told them we needed a doctor ASAP. They sent one to our room promptly. She was professional, thorough, and kind. After accessing our patient, she recommended IV fluids and meds. A wheelchair and cart were sent for transport to an on site clinic at the resort. The clinic was small, modern, very clean and comfortable. The doctor began the IVs and was very attentive and knowledgable throughout the three hour process. About an hour after our patient was transported back to our room, her medicines were delivered to our door. After our friend slept a couple of hours, she went down to dinner with us and ate a small meal. Her recovery was faster than we could have imagined. All of her needs were taken care of in a professional, caring way, at the resort, with as little inconvenience as possible to the patient. You don't get service like that when you get sick at home.
We were transported to and from the airport by Cape Travel Co which had been prearranged from home. After drop off at the airport for our departure, and getting through security, I noticed an expensive bracelet was missing from my arm. After retracing my steps through the airport and checking lost and found, we called Cape to ask them if my bracelet might be in the cab that picked up at PBSB at 10am. They returned a phone call with a YES! The very honest cab driver had my bracelet and was returning to the airport with it, but he was about 45 minutes away. The problem was my flight left in 45 mins. After waiting at the curb until the last possible minute and running back through security to our gate, I had to leave without my bracelet. After we landed in Dallas for a layover I called Cape to explain I had to get on my flight before the driver made it back to the airport. The person that answered the phone knew of my situation and told me the driver had returned my bracelet to PBSB and given it to Galileo Vega. After a few phone calls and emails my bracelet was shipped to my home within a week, much thanks to Cape Travel, Galileo and Iris Sanchez. My bracelet passed through the hands of several people that had the opportunity to be dishonest, but instead went above and beyond to return the bracelet to me. This speaks very highly of the staff of both PBSB and Cape Travel. I would recommend both to anyone traveling to Cabo. They turned a couple of travel snafus into a great trip and left us feeling that the world still has honest, caring people who do the right thing even when no one is looking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank ALACABO
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been owners for 8 years and this is our 4 time back to Sunset Beach. We own a 2 bedroom suite and find the rooms to be very nice and large and comfortable. The staff is very accommodating and loved Angel and Daniel (our waiters)by the main pool. The grounds are kept up beautiful and the evening sunsets are spectacular. We did the all inclusive for 3 consecutive days and it was just enough. It does tie you to the Pueblo Bonita resorts a bit so that is the reason we did it just for 3 days out of our 7. We look forward to going back next year!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KristiMet
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here over a spring break. I was a little worried about being in Cabo at that time of year, with all the wild partiers, but that was not a problem at PBSB. We enjoyed being far away enough from the heart of town to avoid the crazy spring break crowd, but having transportation provided by the hotel so we could come and go into town as we wished. The resort is very large, and at first seemed like it would be overwhelming, but golf carts are available to transport you, and we ended up just walking the entire resort. Very hilly, which could be a concern for older folks. Good restaurants, beautiful views (we coul see whales from our patio) and beautiful grounds. I was also happy they have a chapel on the grounds and offer a Catholic mass. Overall, a great stay. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed right above the main lobby. At first this seemed far from the majority of restaurants, po...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank cruise79
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have been to Cabo San Lucas many times but have not stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset before. I booked the two bedroom suite which ws absolutely beautiful. It had a nice ocean view and we could hear the waves of the ocean from our balcony. The pools were very nice and the only problem we had was that people would get up early and leave their towels on chairs to reserve them and then leave. You would arrive at the pool, find no open loungers, yet there were only a handful of people down there which was incredibly frustrating.

The grounds were immaculately kept and always clean. It was difficult to get around due to it being situated on a steep hill but they had employees with golf carts that would quickly come to your room with a phone call and take you where ever you would like on the property. In service was wonderful as well. In fact everything was great until I used my credit card to check out.

Granted in any tourist area you should be cautious for predators looking to rip you off, but I would not expect that in such a nice resort as this. This was the only place and time I used my credit card during our entire stay and kept it securely locked in our safe. I used it upon checking out to pay for food and drinks we had charged to our room. One day later four airline tickets from Cancun to Cabo were purchased along with other charges totaling $9000. Luckily Expedia noticed that one of the airline tickets was in my name and started a fraud investigation when "I" didn't show up for my flight but three Mexican nationals managed to. Disappointed!! I will never stay at another of these resorts, in fact Cabo will probably not be in my travel plans for quite a while. As I mentioned, thieves are everywhere in tourist destinations but the one place you should be able to trust is your resort!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family