“Best resort in Cabo!”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our 3rd time in Cabo, and I absolutely enjoy staying at this resort. First of all the property is simply beautiful and well kept. I love the fact that there are golf carts to take you right to your building. I've stayed at other large resorts where the walk from your dinner restaurant to your room can make your legs sore. The rooms are heavenly. Each room is guaranteed to have an ocean view. Many days you can see the whales blowing water from their spouts while you're out on your balcony. The beds and linens are clean and I slept like a baby on their mattress. Room service was prompt and I enjoyed breakfast. My husband and I was celebrating his birthday and thanks to Robert Marroquin, suite service manager and his team for providing us with a beautiful display for his birthday in our room. In the evening, make sure you to visit the Sky Pool, you can enjoy a grilled meal while watching the sunset, its gorgeous! The only downside is the beach is not a swimmable beach, but the resort does provide shuttle service to their sister resort Rose and Blanco. Personally I go to the beach to ride wave runners, other than that, I enjoy the peacefulness of Sunset beach. The pools are fine with me. Room for improvement is the wi-fi, there needs to be an upgrade with the service because it is extremely slow, I was disappointed. Other than that, I can't wait to go back for our next visit!

Room Tip: Its a timeshare resort so you have amenities to cook your own meals. Therefore you can take the Sh...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tan818
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We feel very excited to hear your great comments about Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, we truly appreciate your kind remarks, and it's great news to hear that you had an amazing time with us. Looking forward to welcome you for the second time.

Jose Ernesto Coppel, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (9,917)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the sunset beach resort and hit every pool and restaurant we could while we were there for a week. We always ended up at the sky pool and had alfredo as our server every day and was awesome he took care of us so well we didnt want to go to any other pool while we were there. We ended up going to rose resort for a few hours because we couldnt go in the beach at sunset. The rose resort was nice but glad we choose the sunset. we are already planning another vacation to the sunset resort we enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank tnickell
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you really want to get away from it all (e.g., no cell service and very weak wifi), then this is the place for you. The property and its views are absolutely gorgeous. It looks a lot newer and is much nicer than the Pueblo Bonito Rose. As people have said, the property is a little further out from town, but there is a free shuttle bus that runs every hour. This is a great convenience.

I spent 4 nights in a 2 bedroom villa with hot tub. Having a hot tub on the balcony is pretty awesome. The 2 bedroom villa is huge. The views were spectacular. Both bedrooms were very large with plenty of space. The common areas are also very comfortable. The balcony was perfect.

The wifi was very weak in our room. I am fine with that since I was supposed to be on vacation and trying to disconnect. I am glad I didn't pay for the wifi service because the wifi signal strength was very weak. The wifi strength was improved nearer to Sunrise Coffee, but I would have been upset to pay for wifi and not have it in my room. Plus, it was really dead in September, and I can't imagine how bad the wifi service must be when there are lot more people vying for the same signal. They need to upgrade their wifi service, especially if they charge people for it. I had paid for cell service in Mexico, but there is no service in this area. You have to go into town to get a connection.

It was very dead in Cabo in September, but I really liked the peace and quiet. There was no one sitting out on the beach. You can't go out into the water, but we took a long walk along the beach, which was gorgeous. We spent the first day at the Sky Pool. Great views. It was a bit windy (Hurricane Manuel had just skirted past after devastating Acapulco) but it was still warm. The pool was lovely and uncrowded. We also spent time at the Family Pool, which was a great area for people with kids. We didn't go to the other pools but they all looked lovely.

There are black swans, tropical birds and flamingo on the property.

As others have said, the property is built against a hill. We were staying up near the Sky Pool and getting down to the beach or Family Pool was quite a trek. I was too impatient to use the golf carts so we walked everywhere. I even walked up to the room after dinner in my platform sandals! It is a good way to burn off extra calories. However, if you have accessibility issues, then this would be a problem to constantly have to wait for the golf cart. Even in the slow season, we had to wait a long time for a cart and that is when we just gave up and started walking everywhere.

We didn't have the All Inclusive plan because we wanted to go to dinner in town. We did eat at Frida's, which was very delicious. I wouldn't call it Mexican food, though. I had the red snapper, and it was Asian influenced than anything else. Frida's was beautifully decorated. We did have drinks at the pool, and they were to be expected.

We rented a car at Avis, which has a desk in the lobby. We drove the car to Todos Santos, which is a nice, relaxing excursion.

We got the 3 treatment spa package, which gave us access to the gym, which we used everyday. The gym was nice and clean, and it had nice equipment. I had a facial, massage and body scrub treatment at the spa. The treatments were nice and it was all very professional. The spa has very nice hot tub and showers.

The staff were all friendly and courteous. Unfortunately, my friend "lost" her watch in the hotel room. She put it on the bathroom counter the night before and when we came from the gym the next morning and after housekeeping had come through, her watch was no longer there. We consider this to be our fault for leaving out valuables (it was an older watch that only had a $150 value) when we should have locked it up in the safe. It was a lesson learned, so please heed our advice and lock up anything you don't want to lose into the hotel safe.

Room Tip: If you like hot tubs, get the villa with the hot tub on the balcony. Building 28 had very nice view...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WhirldTraveler
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first visit back in three years. This is the best place to stay to unplug and rest and relax. Since the area has grown, it didn't feel so far away from everything. But, it maintains its isolated feel (in a good way). It was a short drive to the new Mega for groceries. It was the perfect first week of vacation. The limited cell reception and free wifi made sure that we unpluged for the week. The staff is always friendly and courteous. While the all inclusive option is nice, we find that we would not get our money's worth. We like to explore the local restaurants and find that we can wet our whistle just fine during happy hours. We have a junior suite and find it very roomy. We love the fact at all rooms have an ocean view. We were in building nine and was a short walk to the main pool. While cart service is always available, my wife and I almost always walk the hills to where ever we are going on the property. We get plenty of excercise that way. We love the wraps in the deli and find them very filling usually splitting one for lunch. I agree with dcollin0401 descriptions of the rooms in comparison to the Rose which is where we spent our second week. Even though we are looking for a house in the area to retire, i would not give up my membership here,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BigDog-Rob
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our 4th time in Cabo San Lucas. Our first stay at Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach Resort. We did the all inclusive and it was AWESOME. I can not say one bad thing at all. Check in was fast as was checking out. Everything from our room, room service, the pools and the dinners were great. Our Pool guys (Rudolf who would find us and move chairs for us and Zennon) were fantastic. The cart guys are friendly and helpful. The last night dinner and show on the beach was fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Joni M
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Like the first time our experience was also great. We were very very very disappointed about the decision to allow the All Inclusive clientele. Very rowdy and obnoxious. Had people constantly dive on the pools. One day in the sky pool, drunk people were doing back flips on the sky pool. The staff could not control it. The week before someone broke a nose.
Tried the new sports bar in the Montecristo. Food and ambiance was great. Encounter other drunk people who spoiled our experience. Again, the staff did not handle appropriately.
Overall very satisfied but in my opinion All Inclusive program brought the 5-stars rating to 4-stars.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great ocean view. If want to be close to big pools stay on the large buildings. I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LarMilan
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We took 6 of our family and friends to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach from Sept. 16-23rd and had the best time of our life. Since we are owners with Pueblo Bonito we have been to Sunset Beach several times and have always enjoyed our stay. I don't understand why so many individuals have given bad reviews.

From the moment we arrived at the reservation desk we were treated with the utmost respect and friendliness. Fernando and Jose Luiz Martinez went out of their way to get us rooms with beautiful views. We normally stay in Building 22 during our visits but this time several of the buildings in that location were closed down for maintenance. For the inconvenience they moved us to a 2 bedroom presidential suite the first night and then upgraded us to a super presidential suite. They even moved all our luggage and food the next day while we were out and nothing was stolen and we had all kinds of electronics in the room. In all the times we have visited Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach we have never had anything stolen from our room. For the entire week Fernando and Jose went way beyond making our trip a rememberable one for our family and friends.

Since we are returning visitors we knew about the golf carts to get us around. The majority of the time they were always very quick to pick us up. On a few ocassions they were even already waiting for us once we got off the elevator. If you call ahead of time for your cart, the wait has never been that long. Only on one ocassion our friends and family members had an issue with the carts but it was during dinner time and lots of people are trying to get around the resort or up to catch the bus to one of the sister resorts.

We took the bus on several ocassions down to the Rose so that we could swim in the Sea of Cortez. We never had an issue getting a seat on the bus. Yes there are lots of hagglers but if you stay within the resorts roped area that will not bother you. When we told them we weren't interested they really weren't overly push or rude. If you tell them firmly you're not interested then they will leave you alone.

As far as one of the other reviews state that there's no difference between the rooms at The Rose and Sunset Beach. I would tend to highly disagree. The rooms at Sunset Beach are alot more elegant, with a big kitchen area, large bathrooms and all have views of the Pacific ocean. Not every room at The Rose or Blanco have clear views of the ocean. The pool selections are also fewer and smaller in size. The grounds at Sunset Beach are just beautiful. Yes you can't swim in the ocean but you can definitely walk along a very long stretch of beach and take in the views of some really large waves and the fishing boats going out in the morning.

We didn't go with the all inclusive because we like to get out and go to town to try different restaurants. I would highly recommend La Dolce. It's a beautiful Italian Restaurant that is open to the outside but the food was exceptionally good and we enjoyed the marachi band playing. Maria Corona's was also another good restaurant where we enjoyed some mexican food. I would not recommend Romeo and Juliet's. We were not happy with the food and they also didn't have any fans available to keep you cool while you were eating. It was very muggy in the place. We understand Panchos is a good restaurant but we didn't get to try it out this trip.

We also rented a vehicle there at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. They went out of their way to bring in a large van that would fit all 8 of us. The lady at the car rental place suggested we stop off at Cerritos Beach on our way to Todas Santos. This is a surfer beach with a bar and food on site. We could have spent the whole day there as the people were very friendly and the view was gorgeous. While in Todos Santos you need to stop by the Bob Marlin little bar about 2 blocks up from the Hotel California. We ended up meeting some great people there and the atmosphere was very friendly. The guys wanted to spend the rest of the day there but we had to move on to Los Cabos.

I think it's also necessary to share the honesty and integrity of the people who live and work in the Cabo San Lucas area. Everyone is so friendly. While I was at Cabo Wabo enjoying a great evening partying with friends and family my sterling silver mother of pearl bracelet had fallen off my arm. The next night I went back to the bar and believe it or not the Manager had my bracelet and happily returned it to me. Anyone could have kept the bracelet but they didn't! Of course I was very happy but it only made me realize how come I always enjoy coming back to Cabo.

Our trip was so wonderful everyone is already talking about when can we go back. My brother wants to take his teenage children so that they can experience the beauty of Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and Cabo. I can honestly say Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach is my home away from home and I can't wait to go back and visit with Fernando and Jose! They definitely made me feel like they cared and I was a part of their family.

Room Tip: Stay in Building 22 it's up high has beautiful views and also is close to the sky pool. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple