Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$330
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$267
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$133
$440
$361
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$237
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$248
$202
Melia.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$675
$631
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$398
$335
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$473
Hotels.com
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$607
$177
Bookit.com
10,723 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driverspresidential suitefree shuttletime shareall inclusive planasian restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been coming to the PB sunset for 5 years, and I must say that this year was sub-par compared to the other 4 previous years.

While this resort was initially magical and with its excellent customer service and food, I have to say that this year, the service and quality of food (esp. at La Nao) was low, not to mention the fact, that we were a party of 9 and every time whether we were ordering poolside or at the restaurant(s), we were continuously questioned, "all on the same room?" as though we were not being truthful.

As far as my unit, the service was great with regard to the cleanliness and location. It was a bit disappointing that our room looked over where all outside theme/entertainment nights were being held and we could only watch from our deck, as we were never able to get a reservation :(

We brought additional family members and friends this year because we wanted them to share the same wonderful experiences as we did for our first 4 years, and while things were not at noticeable to them, it was noticeable to us and we were disappointed.

I hope improvements can be made, as I would really like to give PB another chance next year.

Room Tip: Building 17 an 18 are the best locations
6  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was awesome great food, great service, and hospitality, great pools also especially the sky pool that overlooks the Pacific Ocean, only downside was the unswimmable beach but otherwise a great vacation for first time in Cabo!! Will return

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank StephAgui93
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear StephAgui93,
We appreciate your comments and taking the time for reviewing us, it's a pleasure for us to make guests like you feel welcome and comfortable. Hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

We loved this resort!
Check-in: Staff was very nice. I asked for building 19-24 and was told that nothing was available that day but tomorrow they could move us to one of those buildings between 1-2pm. The next morning we got a call at 8am confirming our move and that someone would come to help us move our luggage between 1-2. Nobody came, so at 2pm I called and someone came right down.

Location: We rented a car and it was just 5 minutes into town. Perfect location for us since we wanted to be close but not have a lot of noise.

Grounds: Beautiful. There were always employees sweeping and cleaning, and even touching up paint on the walls on the golf-cart paths.

Pools: We loved the sky pool! Great view and while we had to search a bit, we were always able to get chairs. Good service as well. Main pool: Also found chairs right away but only went there once.

Rooms: WONDERFUL. We had a 2-bedroom, 1 with a king bed and one with two queens (or full, not sure). Anyway, they were extremely clean and well-kept.

Housekeeping: Excellent. The maid scrubbed our showers and mopped every day, and when we asked for a fly swatter she asked where the bugs were (there were some ants on our balcony) and said she would have someone up to our room right away to take care of them. They also came to service/clean our jacuzzi while we were there. When we called in the middle of the night for more blankets, someone brought them up right away, and received a call in our room at the same time making sure we had received them. Same with the laundry service: We called to say we had laundry, someone came to pick them up, and also received a call confirming that it had been picked up.

Golf carts: Always quick and courteous, except for waiting to be picked up at the main pool/La Nao restaurant. But, this was a main area so not a big surprise.
Wi-fi: What I would expect from free Wi-fi. Not as bad as I expected from other reviews, but definitely not fast. A few days my mom's phone couldn't even pick up the signal.

Food: STEER CLEAR. We didn't do all-inclusive because we wanted to try places in town. We ate at La Nao one night and were extremely disappointed. Service was extremely slow and prices were extremely high. I ordered a margarita that came in a small glass and it ended up being $19 dollars!!! My fault for not asking, but it was mediocre at best. And the meal: I've had better at Perkins. In a couple of our drinks we found mushy paper that looked like it was probably the end of a straw wrapper. A manager stopped by to ask how our meal was and we told her this, but she said "Oh ok" and smiled and left. She did not care. We told our waiter after getting the bill (and seeing that the mediocre drinks were $19 dollars) and so he took off the charge for the two drinks with straw paper in them. He also apologized sincerely, but that was after being there for two hours and spending most of the time waiting. The food at the Bistro was pretty good, but also very expensive and super-slow service. We had to ask three times for a Coke!
The deli was also extremely expensive. Definitely go to Wal-Mart or Costco instead.

The Spa: Not worth the high prices. We did the timeshare presentation so had free services, but I would've complained if I had paid for them. My spa pedicure was okay. They used such light buffers though that it was basically just like getting my toenails painted and nothing else. The manicure was SO BAD. The lady didn't even take all my old nail polish off. Then she painted them and the tips of my nails were still white (not like a French manicure, but just like she didn't use long enough strokes) and when she put them under the dryer, I noticed that in a few different places the polish had already come off (I felt her bump my fingers while painting but assumed she had fixed them). When I went to the desk to let them know, they had to track down the lady who did my manicure because she was already gone. My sister had a manicure and they filed her nails unevenly and also didn't get all her old nail polish off. My husband said his deep tissue massage was good. I only had a manicure/pedicure so can't attest to the other services.

Timeshare Presentation: We got $600 total. My husband and I got $200 in hotel credit and $100 food credit, as did my parents. Very worth the 2-hour presentation. The woman who did the presentation was not pushy at all, we said we weren't interested and she asked why and if there was something that would change our minds. When we said no she took us to another room where another woman made a better offer. When we said no, she had a man come over, showed him what she offered, he nodded and walked away, and we were taken to get our vouchers. Very low-pressure.

Room Tip: Top row of buildings. 22-24 are closest to parking and Sunrise Coffee (free wi-fi) with easy access to the sky pool and lobby. Not ideal if you want to lay on the beach as they're the highest buildings up.
3  Thank jer216
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Sunset Beach used to be top notch - this is WHY we purchased (2) Timeshares and my sister has another one. We bragged to everyone about this place only to be embarrassed by the lack of service, reservations to dine, a person in our party being turned away at La Frida because one of us in our large party had a t-shirt on (when we called for dress code we were told NO Tank Tops or Flip Flops only) while seeing a large group on men walk in prior with FLIP FLOPS on, sub par food (glasses with chunks of glass broken off of them at La Nao) We didn't get to enjoy ONE theme night because it was booked - and WHY were the theme nights NOW outside vs. at La Nao? Every time we ate on the resort we were questioned over and over again what room we were in. It took over 24 hours for maint. to come in and change a simple ceiling light bulb. It also took a minimum of an hour per day to get our bill at the pool! Upon check in we had a large group and requested a penthouse - it took over 2 hours to check in only to be told there were NON available (but the entire week we saw penthouses vacant). And, WHAT HAPPENED to the free WiFi at every pool and in the deli courtyard? No WiFI and trying to conduct business is NO BUENO. So now, if you want WiFi you have to pay like $140.00 per week per device? After paying thousands of dollars for our Timeshare + our maintenance fees we were shocked. We brought friends and family to Sunset Beach after bragging about it and I left stressed, tired and disappointed. As soon as we are confident that all of the above have been rectified we will return. Until then, I doubt we will return and/or keep our Timeshares. The good thing is now you offer Jazz Nights!

Room Tip: Do not stay below ground level - we had to deal with geikos, field mice, rotches and such in our room!
5  Thank Rebecca U
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just spent the week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. At the main pool we had the most amazing waiter, Rodolfo. He worked so hard, every day, all day. He was super attentive and continually kept us happy, fed and hydrated. One day, there were no chairs, Rodolfo went out of his way to find chairs and a little table for us as we waited for lounge chairs to become available. He was friendly, professional and fun and so we went out of our way to always sit in his section everyday. Additionally, Sahara and Suzie were very fun with the pool activities. Sahara lead the most hilarious and energetic and tough water aerobics class - the whole pool was watching by the end and wishing they had all participated! So fun. Beautiful hotel and views. One downside - had to make reservations for the restaurants and the food was not fabulous. We did pay the extra $20 per person (in addition to the $85 per person per day 'all inclusive' fee) and enjoyed a stellar meal at La Frida.

Room Tip: We had room 1513 - HUGE 2 bedroom, 2 bath with full living and kitchen and eating area. amazing views, heard from a woman at the pool that building 15 was one of her favorites for the views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank laura a
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Laura,

We truly appreciate your kind remarks and we feel very happy to hear that our staff members made you feel welcome and comfortable, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to Rodolfo, Sahara and Susie. Hope to see you again anytime soon!