“Best in Cabo”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We love Cabo and Sunset Beach is the BEST!!! Sometimes the Line to check in is Long-Because a lot of people come here!!! You are on Vacation so grab a drink and RELAX !!!! The Front Desk tries very hard to meet your requests and the grounds and the views are awesome! The food and Wine at La Frida is world Class-Hector is the Best Sommelier in Cabo! There is always a Party at the Main pool and the sunsets at the Skypool is how they got their name. If you have a problem-Tell the front desk and they will try to fix It. We have come here twice a year for ten years and always have a great time!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank billandcarol2000
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear BillandCarol2000,

We would like to thank for being such a loyal guest to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, we are very happy to hear that you had a really nice time during your stay with us, we appreciate your positive attitude and we're already waiting to welcome you next time!

There are newer reviews for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been trying for OVER A MONTH to send some champagne and roses to my parents who are celebrating their 30th wedding Anniversary at the Resort. I have been told that they are having trouble with their email. I get that can happen for a day or two, but for three weeks? I got passed from person to person: Gerardo then Ramon then Olga. At this point I am over the roses, but champagne should not be a big deal, right? Wrong. It took Olga four days to send me a list of options to choose from (of course she was able to get me the credit card form within hours). I sent her back my selections, and credit card information, and never heard back!!! I called the 1-800 number and they told me that they cannot transfer me to the concierge. Funny, because they did it just the other day.

If this is how they treat people before they arrive I can only imagine what it must be like to stay there. They call themselves a resort, I would call them a sloppy Motel 6.

Save yourself a headache and stay somewhere where they actually care about their guests!

7  Thank whitelily12

Dear Reviewer,

Please check your personal messages for further information.

Best,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just returned from trading our Hilton Grand Vacation Club one bedroom unit through RCI to an Executive Suite at the PBRSB. Took the timeshare presentation and received All-Inclusive for 4 days at $64 PP and a $200 spa credit. It was well worth it. This resort offers you the option of staying there during the day where it is peaceful, breathtaking views of the Pacific, or, jumping on the shuttle bus, which is quite nice and runs every hour on the hour, down to the sister resorts on Medano Beach for the city or party scene. The bus is free by the way. Our room was at the top of the mountainside in building 21. We were a quick walk up to the Sky Pool. The resort offers golf carts anywhere you wish to go on the resort, and, it is quite spread out. However, my wife and I are in great shape so we just walked everywhere we needed to go on the golf cart pathways. Keep in mind, this is not for the faint of heart as it is a lot of hard up and down walking. There isn't a flat spot in the whole resort, which is what makes it so beautiful. The food was good and the drinks Ice Cold! The service we received was very good. I have seen some reviews that knock the service. We had great wait staff at all meals, pool bars, etc. I give the resort 5 stars for its cleanliness, quality of people working there, and the story of the owners, the Coppel Family, who have made such a difference in the lives of the people of Mexico with their programs for employment and education.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms or views.
4  Thank Glen C

Dear Glen C,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, we really enjoy welcoming people with positive attitude like you. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable and fun stay at Sunset Beach, guests like you are what make us feel satisfied for the quality of the service we strive to provide each day.
Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved our week at PB at Sunset Beach. We stayed in the Presidential Suite with around 1700 square feet, 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, dining area, and three patios. The resort is gorgeous with lots of flowers in bloom. There are many pools and restaurants from which to choose. The servers at Pool 30 were outstanding with delicious food and yummy drinks. Omar and Fernandez were great. At La Nao restaurant, Benito was our Sunday Champagne Brunch server....great smile and friendly. At The Bistro, we enjoyed the service of Juan from Ixtapa. The most helpful and friendly front desk employee was Luis Jaime. We never had to wait for a cart, but found walking around the grounds to be good exercise. WiFi was available at Sunset Cafe or at the Manila Bar. Make sure to read the newsletter for important info. We purchased the All Inclusive and boy did we save a lot of money as food and drinks were expensive. We saw whales a couple times. This is a beautiful resort with friendly and hard-working staff.

5  Thank travelbugJani
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear TravelbugJani,

We feel pleased after reading such a nice and friendly review, we are glad that you had the time to enjoy all of our facilities and that you had a wonderful stay with us, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above.
Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I came here with a friend Thanksgiving 2011 and liked the resort and thought the service was pretty good. Fast forward to now - we agree quite a slide down service wise. As others say the place has potential.... We stayed 11 nights and damn are those beds uncomfortable! We be going home early! Yay!! We upgraded to a one bedroom with a hot tub on balcony which was nice. But..... Did anyone think probably should put steps up to get into the thing? Slippery tile and hard to climb into = slip and fall which could even lead to a death!

Here are some comments I think management need to look into - what's with the one soap dispensers in the bathrooms? Adult pool did not have soap in it some days. Big bathroom sink with one dispenser on the end wall? So I see besides the general public but even staff just rinsing hands no soap and leaving. That's kind of gross. And I'm not really all that picky of a person..... But have to ask - is that person making or serving my food?

The Internet - whew I could write all day about that alone. The Internet service provider is soooo bad. I am not kidding. We wasted our first day on the phone with someone who hardly speaks English because the login page should be so easy (three devices-I guess having only one you might be ok. But take the word might with a huge grain of salt.). I wish I was a techie cause I see some nice money on this Internet racket. We heard people down at the pool on two separate occasions - same thing happened to them so not just us! Not a good start to a vacation! The better thing to do is probably just offer the thing for free and run with it. If you are down here and need Internet for work or just hate to not to check it or have access - DO NOT BOOK HERE. Not much reception for cell phones here either,

Next the lobby - WTF is that stink? It's being piped in? The smell is trying to cover up something. Nasty. Nasty. Very unpleasant. Give me the old lady who bathes in perfume over that any day!

Carts - after the novelty of the place wears off these things wear thin. The guys driving them are great but the wait was always so long. Before very quick and always there. One reviewer talked of fumes. They are right - the fumes do get pretty bad on some days, Maybe the cost is prohibitive but need some smog control devices on those things!

I'm certainly not in the camp about the pools being anything special. But I wasn't my first trip either. Nothing special here. Other resorts in Cabo have much-much nicer pools. Because it goes so windy here the wind guards pretty much obstruct views. Oh and what's with the one kid that was about ten or so at the adult pool almost daily?

Last but not least are the beloved timeshare people! Ha! Boy that 'welcome' lady.... whew not nice. Fine if you want to give us $300 to spend but when we say we are not interested. We ARE NOT interested! We are here on vacation - to rest - happy times - to be greeted by your snotty attitude arguing with us about decking $300. But she's good story to tell at home :)

The bistro has good food. Not all that unreasonably priced. Very convenient. We didn't do the all inclusive since really not worth the money. I probably would have if the rip off Internet was included since then maybe worth it. And if you promised I wouldn't be approached by timeshare people just because I stopped by the wrong bathroom (she hit me up on my way in and out! OY!). I would be begging to pay you for it!!

I don't plan to return. As I say eh nothing special. I definitely see why people are dumping this place on ebay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tracylovescabo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a beautiful place and what amazing potential! But....since this is essentially a time-share property, the plan is to get you impressed and committed quickly so you can 'be an owner'. My only recommendation is that rather than being immediately whisked away to see all the good stuff, show up early and wander around the facility on your own. Check the dirty, underconstruction bathroom by the pool. Talk to the frustrated people who can't find a chair by the pool because they've oversold for the number of available spots. Ask why you need to make a reservation for the spa. Guess they oversold for the size of the spa, too. Overall, it's a great spot. But the time-share people need to have a challenge and that would be by letting people see the 'real resort' - not just their version of it.

3  Thank jen k
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yes, I have read some of the reviews by guests who must wait in relatively long lines to endure the check in at this resort. What they need to be aware of is that there is a very nice lobby bar directly behind the check-in counter that offers a very nice respite from the long line. Two of our long time servers are very friendly and will keep you well taken care of with food or drink while you wait for the line to disappear. "Giobanny" and "Freddie" are jovial and efficient in what they do and will soon show you that there is no reason to endure the long wait on the other side of the wall.
If you decide to utilize this alternative, be sure to tell Gio and Freddie that Doc & Sue from Texas said "Hi".
Enjoy it, my friend!

Room Tip: Request a location in a higher up room from which you have a better chance of spotting the whales on...
5  Thank CLsuz
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Doc & Sue,

We feel very happy after reading such a nice review, we really enjoy welcoming people with positive attitude like you. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable and fun stay at Sunset Beach, we'll make sure to pass your greetings to Giovany and Freddie.

Hope to see you soon!