We spent two wonderful weeks at this beautiful property and highly recommend it. The issues brought up here on previous reviews, were not experienced by us.
We arrived on a Tuesday and our driver from Cabo Trans stopped at the Mega so we could grab a grocery cart full of provisions. Apparently the Grand Mayan sharks take Tuesdays off because we were not stopped even once and we never saw them!!
Our reservations were through an RCI trade and there were no issues at check in – Ivon was lovely and very nice. Julio, our cart driver that night, was also great. We had four suitcases and a large amount of groceries. He handled it all with ease!
We had two rooms, a two bedroom with a hot tub on patio and a one bedroom both in building 23. The rooms were well kept, with just minor flaws, such as a couple scuff marks on tile floor and a couple chips in the wooden furniture, all to be expected in hotel rooms. The beds were quite comfortable as they have feather beds on top. The bathroom in the master was lovely, with built-in shelves & drawers and the showers were large and water pressure was great. The views were spectacular and as the weather was less than Mexico-like (low 70’s, overcast and windy on most days) the hot tub on the patio was awesome! The hot tub was cleaned (almost completely drained and refilled) several times during our stay and was working perfectly the entire stay. Marisol, our housekeeper, was outstanding! She took great pride in her cleaning and spent over 40-45 minutes each day cleaning our two bedroom suite.
We made many of our meals in the two bedroom suite and the kitchen was big enough for two people to move around and cook. There is not an oven, but we did have a four burner cooktop and a large microwave. The table was large enough for all seven of us to sit around and there were enough chairs, using one of the bar chairs for the four year-old. We ate at the bistro twice, good service and decent food both times. Also ordered room service once, on a Friday night, and the food was delivered within 30 minutes and it was still was warm, which is a plus considering how large this property is.
The main pool was our main hangout during the day. We had Alejandro as our server several times and he was great. We had to claim chairs before 7:45am, as they go quickly. The sky pool always had chairs available up until about 10:30-11am.
We did take two excursions, both through Cabo Expeditions, who picked us up at the resort and brought us back – Swimming with the Whale Sharks and Parasailing. Both were fabulous experiences! The whale sharks are truly remarkable creatures and a once in a lifetime swim. As for parasailing, if you go during the whale season, try to take the 10:30 tour, as 11am is ‘Whale Time!’ We had two whales who breached in front of us at least 7 times each, awesome! There was a professional photographer on board with us and he got several amazing, National Geographic-quality, photos of the whales. Needless to say we bought the photo cd of our trip!
The only issue we had at the resort was a mix-up in the rooms. Upon check in we received the keys to both of our rooms and I made it clear our guests were arriving five days later. I filled out a room card with their names and told Ivon our guests would add a credit card to that room upon their arrival. When our guests arrived, we went up to their room and the keys didn’t work. The cart driver said he would go back to the desk and see what was wrong. Long story short, housekeeping alerted the front desk there was no one in the room and they put it back into the inventory and there were other people in that room! It was a hassle and embarrassing for me, but they were able to find another room, and all was ok. The view from the new room was not as nice as the one they were supposed to have, but lessoned learned – put luggage in your empty room and make it look like someone is there! The front desk was very apologetic and sent us a bottle of champagne and fruit to say sorry. It was handled very nicely and respectfully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos