“Fantastic resort!”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a beautiful resort! There are six large pools, some quiet, some active, all with drinks and food that is brought to you....so nice to be pampered! The beach is expansive and quiet - no swimming - but wonderful breezes made that not necessary. The whales were amazing, blowing by all day long. The junior suite was large, with a fully equipped kitchen, and was very clean every day. We stayed on the beach - we walked out our patio door on to the beach. We never found the walk up to the lobby or even skytop pool to be too much. A golf cart ride was helpful in the dark, or when bringing our luggage up/down. The golf carts were there within 5 minutes, as was everything we ever needed. Truly a luxury vacation!

6  Thank BrookfieldCarol
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear BrookfieldCarol,

We feel very happy after reading such a nice review, it is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you had a luxury vacation!

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

There are newer reviews for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just finished our annual visit to Sunset Beach :( So sad it is over. Always treated like royalty. Beautiful accommodations, amazing views and outstanding service. Meal plan is great, premium drinks included and food out of this world. No cheeping out on this plan. Lots of pools to choose from but the one we liked best was the main pool. Great views of the ocean and the many whales that are near by. If you have a chance to visit this resort you need to go to the main pool and look for Roberto, he is the best server there. Always a pleasure having Roberto take care of us. Very friendly and personable not to mention a great memory for remembering what we like best. Love his attention to detail. So glad we are owners there, look forward to our next vacation and receiving the same level of care that we always do. P.S Best Margarita's around.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean not a bad room in the place. Lots of sun either morning or evening,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Mason2004

Dear Mason,

We would like to thank your for your preference on choosing Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach every year. We are happy to hear you enjoyed everything about Sunset, the pools, the service , the food, the views and your room. We'll make sure to pass your comments to Roberto and to the rest of the staff, and we'll be looking forward to see you again next year!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Is there anything bad to say about Sunset Beach? NO! All the rooms have an awesome view of the ocean, passing fishing boats and cruise lines as well as the breaching whales. We have been going to Sunset Beach since it's inception and love the peace and quiet. No traffic noises...just ocean waves and the birds. We love spending our time reading, relaxing and renewing friendships with friends at the main pool. Roberto Castro greets us every year with his smile and hugs. He has become like family and we look forward to seeing him. Wifi at the resort is sketchy and only avail at Manila Bar and Sunrise Cafe for free and forget about cell phone service. If you need to use your cell phone, go to to Pueblo Bonito Rose on the free shuttle for a beer or lunch and check messages. But then again..why are we so dependent on this technology??? Take a true break from the outside world at Sunset Beach.

6  Thank dondafr
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my second stay at Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach and it was just as enjoyable as the first time. Every room has a panoramic view of the Pacific where whale spouts can be seen daily. I stayed in a spacious studio. It had two queen size beds, a kitchenette, full luxurious bath, and a private balcony. It had all the amenities you would expect in a high quality resort. The room is very attractively decorated and immaculately clean.
The very large resort has many, many, buildings--all beautifully landscaped--that sit on the side of a large sloping hill so every one has an unobstructed view of the ocean. Buildings are connected by narrow paths--just wide enough for little transport vehicles slightly larger than golf carts to travel on. This service is amazing how efficiently it runs. There are call phones located at every building, pool, restaurant, etc. Within minutes, usually no more than 2 minutes, one of the 50-60 carts will arrive and take you to any location on the premises. The carts can comfortably hold 6-8 passengers.
Every part of the resort is breath-taking. There are several beautiful pool areas and I still haven't been to them all. Again you can see the ocean from any place on the resort. Service poolside is very attentive and prompt.
There are 3 restaurants not counting the poolside ones. Don't miss the Sunday brunch or buffets at La Nao--just overwhelming with the selections and quality. La Frieda is the gourmet restaurant and I didn't visit it this time. The Bistro is my favorite daily restaurant especially for breakfast out on the balcony. There is a varied selection of very good dishes--enough that even after several days of 3 meals a day there I continued to try new things. The only disappointment this visit was that the service was very slow and not very attentive in the evenings. I had not experienced any problem 4 yrs ago so I attribute it to possibly not having enough servers for some reason.
My daughter and I both visited the spa for massages. I had the ultimate relaxing one and it was wonderful. My daughter got the deep tissue and she said it was the best she had ever had. The spa is very accommodating and the pampering is top notch.
There are shuttles to sister resorts which I used my first visit but frankly this resort has everything I wanted so I spent 90% of my time there.
I did take one day to go into Cabo which is about a 10 minute ride. It's worth exploring--many nice restaurants, bars, and shops-- but I had been there before so mainly wanted to relax by the pool. You definitely should at least do one of the many sunset cruises that take you out to the famous rock formations on the tip of the baja. This time I did the pirate ship cruise and it was very satisfactory for the price. From January through March you will have no problem sighting humpback whales any time you are on the water.
The resort has a beautiful beach but swimming is not allowed because of the dangerous undertow. You can visit the sister resorts if you want to swim in the ocean. Myself, I like looking at the ocean while swimming in beautiful clean pools with excellent service.
This resort easily deserves the highest rating. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Every one has an unobstructed panoramic view of the Pacific. The studios a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Carol F
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Carol F,

We would like to thank you for your excellent comments, which motivates us very much.
Our main commitment is our guest’s satisfaction and it's an honor for all of us, who work at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, to receive such an excellent review. We will continue reinforcing our service, to keep our standards of service.

Thank you again. With great appreciation!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just returned from a two week stay at Sunset Beach. We own at Emerald Bay which we also love but traded to Sunset because we enjoy the activities that Cabo provides and because of some of the negative press Mazatlan is getting of late.

We stayed in an Executive Suite and our friends travelling with us stayed in a luxury Suite. Both rooms were in great spots to watch for whales throughout the day.

We found the rules for saving chairs at the pool are completely ignored and on my last morning when I wanted an hour of pool time, every chair was occupied with a magazine or flip flops. The towel hut was not even open yet. So, I found a chair that looked good, placed the magazine on the table next to me and enjoyed. After an hour and a half when it was time to leave, the seats around me remained "saved" and unoccupied. The staff should do a better job of monitoring and removing these items so those who do wish to enjoy the early morning pool hours are not left waiting for those who prefer to have breakfast or sleep in to finally decide to show up.

Had dinner at the Bistro one evening and the Sushi must have been bad. It was too spicy to tell at the time but shortly after dinner, I had a strong reaction and my friend did as well but not until the next morning. I am recommending the sushi at Solomons Landing at the marina instead. Quite excellent.

We love Sunset Beach. We don't mind the Time Share presentations because of the benefits we get - free tequila, nice credit to the room bill and it doesn't have to take that much time if you don't want it to. Our friends left after 90 minutes having enjoyed a nice breakfast and cocktails along with a tour getting them acquainted with the resort.

We hope to see the rooms updated with some fresh furniture and flat panel TV's would be on par as well. I did find that they bring you a robe to use if you call and ask for one.

We will be back. Two weeks is the perfect amount of time for us to stay there to enjoy all of the things we love such as EcoCat for snorkeling and sailing, Ocean Riders for whale watching, Buccaneer Queen for their sunset cruise. We plan to spend more time at the marina and plaza next time. So many nice restaurants there to check out. We love love love Cabo.

Room Tip: It all depends on what you like. If the sunset is important to you, request a room higher up near th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joanie A
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I owned 2 properties in cabo,we needed to downsize because of the lack of vacation time do to work.Our other property is at mendano beach,ok, but not nearly as relaxing as Pueblo sunset.We plan on going back in Feb of 2014,to fix our mistake.What I miss most is the great view you get from every room,especially the spectacular view from the skypool.You also can't see whales from mendano beach because it's so busy with cruise ships and jetskis.Every morning we would see dozens of whales from our room at Pueblo sunset.Please forgive us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcona18
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed Feb 9th thru the 16th. I don't know how anyone can write a subpar review on this magnificent property. Everything was 5star, the service the food the overall ambiance was outstanding.... Glad I bought here and will be back in April. Top Notch!!!

Room Tip: A little tip goes a long ways!!!
7  Thank Petroron
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Petroron,

We really appreciate your positive attitude! We're very pleased to hear you had an excellent experience during your stay with us. Don't forget to contact us before your next visit.

Looking forward to see you in April!

Best Regards,