spent new years week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. we own a pueblo bonito emerald bay in mazatlan, and this resort was highly recommended to us. it's a very beautiful place to stay, overlooking the pacific ocean. we stayed in an immaculate 1 bedroom unit right on the large beach. the trouble was that ocean swimming is unsafe because of dangerous undertow. lots of people walked the beach, kids played in the sand. and people played volleyball, but no swimming allowed!
PBSB is a very large resort, built on a steep hillside. it was all uphill from our room to the lobby, which i could not walk due to recent knee surgery. the resort has a fleet of golf carts which ferry people around the resort, and a call to the front desk will get a cart sent to your door for the ride to the lobby. the cart drivers were all very courteous and friendly, but some times we had to wait 10-15 minutes for a cart to come.
PBSB has several pools. the one we used was the lower level pool right on the beach. there is an aquabar and grill right on the pool that serves sandwiches and other finger food. service was good and our waiter was great. right above the pool is the la nao restaurant, where we had buffet breakfast a couple times. food was good, omelets cooked to your specifications, and the juices were oh-so fresh, especially the orange (naranja) juice and pineapple (pina) juice. next door to la nao is the manila bar, whcih serves drinks and light fare food.
PBSB is about 10 minutes from downtown cabo, and cab rides are over $10, the best way to get near downtown is via the pueblo bonito shuttle bus, which runs hourly to and from the pueblo bonito rose resort, and puts you right into the action along beautiful but crowded madonna beach. a short walk from there will put you in the middle of downtown cabo and the marina, with lots of restaurants and shops.
all-in-all, a very pleasant and beautiful resort. just wish it was a little closer to cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos