I am currently on my third day in Sunset Beach, and already determined that we will not come back to this resort. We are renting a one bedroom suite from an owner, the pre arrival experience with owner and contacting the resort were all great. However a few issues arise during our first couple of days stay lead me to this judgement.
First, let me mention the nice things. The resort is very well planned, excellent landscaping, good furnishing, and room amenities are in fine quality. The view from the room is impeccable. The restaurants are so far great, and price is reasonable (expensive as it should be in its category.). The staff are great, for anyone we contacted. Though service is a bit slow everywhere. But that's not a problem, hey, we are here for vacation, wasting time is what we do.
Now, onto what's so bad to cause me not wanting come back?
First, bugs everywhere. There is mosquitos flying around the room, I at least killed 5 of them in one single day. And we haven't even open our door to patio. So they must be in the room when we arrived. There are flys in restaurant where we ate. There are also small bugs crawling in the room. I sat on coach, it will show up on my arm, and legs. We can spot them on kitchen counter, and almost everywhere we pay a bit attention. My daughter was bit on here face, accumulated at least five red spots on here face in one day. I bought some fresh croissant, and left the bag on kitchen counter over night, and in the morning, there are many ants at the bottom of the bag that I have to throw the entire bag into trash. And my wife found a big bug in her shoe. :) a very nice scene to observe.
Second, no wifi access except 2 locations in the entire resort. There is supposed to have pay wifi access in the room that I can pay 79.95 for one week access for one device only. I don't mind to pay. But even I paid, the signal in our room is so bad, that we can only get scattered single in one particular corner, and it's still on and off. The registration form declared that I can get second device for 44.95, and I did try to buy for two devices, but after I submit my credit card, I can still only use one device. I called the support person onsite, and the person was so rude, and after spending about 20 minutes on the, not only didn't understand my problem, but declared that I must have entered for one client request. At end, it was clear that the extra client information on registration form was false information, and for second device, I need to pay another 79.95. I tried to argue the person to honor the registration form price, he just hang up on me. I know that the wifi in room is not resort staff, nor provided by the resort, but it's a resort contract, and using a resort internal line for support. Most of all, wifi access is such a norm at this day for any luxury hotel chain, lacking it, whether pay or free, is a big disappointment. That's what many people rely on do trip research, and determine places to visit, and next day's schedule, including access to the tripadvisor site. My wife will not return just for this.
Third, the time share sales person... I probably don't need to say anything more, many people have mentioned it. It's same everywhere in Cabo, so it may not be a specific issue for sunset beach resort. But it's still annoying.
Forth, going into nit area, old fashioned tube TV in the room, lack of basic information of the resort in the room. Not sure if these are particular to owners suite. On the night of our check in, we have no information about anything, not even a map of the resorting the room, nor activity list of the week, which should be standard for a resort like this.
Overall, I feel the resort has outstanding hardwares, but lack of details. If it's a no name resort, I would probably tolerated it. But with the fame it claims, and as a 4 star resort, alo named one of the best resort in Mexico, those are not acceptable. Hence my declaration of not return while we are still on the property.
One more nit, you need golf cart to go anywhere as it s an enormous property. It's fun ride one, and the cart drivers are very helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos