We just came back from another great vacation at PB Sunset Beach. We bought two units there in 2007, a Presidential Suite and Penthouse Suite. This year we invited 4 other couples to join us and rented both units for the same week. Everything worked out great. Staff at the front desk were able to get us units near each other which is what we wanted.
First the praise. Luis at the front desk is the best! We had five couples, all with different credit cards registered. Luis was able to resolve a couple of issues that came up regarding our charges and credits on these accounts. He was calm and professional at all times. The management should take note of his skills. He makes people want to come back! THANK YOU LUIS!!! Our housekeeper, Irma, was also fantastic. We cook in out suite a lot when we are there and like trying all sorts of Mexican recipes. She loved this and offered a helpful suggestion to the various peppers and other Mexican ingredients. Thanks Irma. And then there is Marcel in reservations. He is also fantastic.
Now for the suggestions. We noticed some changes this time that were less than welcoming. First our favorite pool is no longer adult only. It is near Building 42 I believe, just up the stairs from Building 33. When we asked we were told that now there is only 1 adult only pool at the resort. We love children and have 4 grandchildren of our own, but when we vacation we don't like to have that energy around us when we are trying to relax and rejuvenate before returning to work. I would ask that the resort try to be more accommodating to the adults. There are five pools. More than just one should be an adult only pool. This is a big issue for us and we heard several other couples commenting the same. The second thing is just the general upkeep at the pool areas. Used towels were left sitting on chairs for long periods of time and other Jed items laying around. Nothing major but for a 5-star resort the details matter. Finally the theme nights at La Nao have changed dramatically, and NOT for better. They now lack the elegance of previous years. We went to the Mexican Night and were told by the concierge that if people didn't want the buffet they could order from the menu. When all 10 of us showed up at the restaurant we were told that it was the buffet only. That meant that we had to split up our celebration as only 4 of us wanted the buffet. And it has turned into a show with different entertainment groups. This is totally not an elegant addition. It makes me feel like I am at a theme park. BAD IDEA! La Nao also has an 80's night. We did not go but had no choice but to participate. The music was loud and went late. We were in building 33 but I am sure the music also effected many buildings. I called to complain about the noise but nothing was done.
I bought into PB Sunset because of its elegance. I worry now that it is becoming just "typical". I hope not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos