“Great choice off Medano”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everything is very clean and just plain beautiful. From the lobby to the pools areas to the grounds. Rooms are spacious and all have good view and awesome patio. Restaurants are OK. Not bad but nothing special. Best food honestly was at the pool bars unless that was the tequila talking! Sky pool at sunset is one the most memorable places I have ever been. Golf carts are fun. Wait can long (5-10 minutes) sometimes if you hit it wrong but nowhere near as big of an issue as I heard could be. Convenient shuttles to Blanco every half hour or so.

Room Tip: Look at the resort map and choose wisely. If you want to walk back and forth to a pool pick a room c...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I have very mixed feelings about this resort.
It is our second time here and I have to say
that we are disapointed. Last visit here was April 2010 and at that time service and food quality was much better. The resort is beautiful and the views are breathtaking however for a resort that has recieved top awards from the two top travel magazines I think they could step it up a bit. Food is very inconsistent. If you had something you loved one day it will not be the same the next day.
Ordered pancakes today for breakfast and it took about 20 minutes to get butter and syrup for them by that time they were cold.
Because of the riptide beach they only allow about 10-12 people in Cabanas on the beach. It would be nice if they could accommodate a few more people on the beach I don't want to go in the water but it would be nice to be able to sit down there after all that's why you come to a beach destination. The timeshare people bother you at meals to sign up for the presentation
So we went just so they would leave us alone for the rest of the week. Difficult to get chairs at the pools if you are not there early.
Wifi 16.00 a day and I think about 70.00 usd. for the week. Ridiculous since we can get a month for 40.00 at home. The restroom for the pool in building 40 is in bad shape 2 stalls and one is missing the toilet seat the other when you flush you fear the pipes are going to come through the wall.
I really wish my review was better since this place is really in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Nailgoddes
239DanielM, . at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Nailgoddes:

Thanks for taking time share your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community about your last visit to our development. We are very sorry for causing such a level of dissatisfaction with our service in our restaurants.

We would like to inform you that thanks to your comments we have identified the source of these problems and are already working to avoid that our current and future guests have the same bad experience.

Thanks again for your valuable and useful comments,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I were gifted a stay here for a week in September and had an excellent experience. The customer service was amazing and we became friends with many of the staff at the restaurants. Breakfast at La Nao was always my favorite part of the day. The pools were fantastic and beautiful, especially the main pool and the sky pool which also had gorgeous views. Even though you can't swim at the beach you can still go down there and lay out, though mostly we stayed at the pools.

The spa is absolutely amazing -- I recommend doing one of the spa packages and enjoying all of the treatments there. I had a massage on the second to last day and the service was great and the atmosphere was amazing. I wish I had gone earlier and booked other treatments. The maid service was also great -- always left the room smelling great and full of towel sculptures.

You should definitely know in advance that the easiest way to get around the resort is by taking the golf carts - so be prepared for lots of tip money!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room by a pool -- We were right by a pool and it was so nice that we didn't hav...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank spatlovesbama
239DanielM, . at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Spatlovesbama:

Thank you very much for your extraordinary comment, for us was a real pleasure assist you during this holiday. It is very gratifying to know that we fulfilled our most cherished goal which is meet and exceed the needs of our guests.

Thank you again for your preference and feedback. We really hope to have the honor to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach is a beautiful resort. It is a distance from downtown Cabo and faces the Pacific side of the ocean. The resort is built into a mountainside and offers golf carts to transport you around the resort. We never had problems getting a golf cart to take us and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a cart. The resort has phones stationed throughout the resort for guests to call for golf carts. Sunset Beach is not on a swimmable beach. If you are looking to swim in the ocean and do water sports, I would recommend looking for something on Medano beach. Overall, this resort is top notch. Gorgeous pools and swim up bars, drinks were wonderful. Spent an entire day at the resort's rooftop infinity pool...amazing views of the pacific ocean! This resort does have a more secluded feeling. It is very tranquil and quiet feeling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Cubsfan17
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed our week at the resort, very glad they offered golf carts to take us from place to place within the resort-lots of up and down hills. Our unit was just a few years old and very nice, but it looked like it wasn't completely furnished. Maid service was a little laxed. The resort is a little ways out of town which is nice, but it is advisable to rent a car. The cost of the van to and from the airport will just about pay for the car rental for a week and it's nice to be able to come and go to town and experiment with different restaurants. We did not get the all inclusive packaged and I'm glad we didn't. The few times we ate at the hotel, we found the food to be less than average. But beware, if you don't do the all inclusive, the prices on everything are way over the top, especially for Mexico. 2 ice creams 200pesos or about $18.00 USD, 4 drinks with tip $56 USD. Of course, if you are on the all inclusive, drinks are included.
We liked the Sunset Beach Resort far better than the sister resort Rose'. We would stay again at the hotel, but probably not for a whole week.

Room Tip: all the rooms have a great view, but the end rooms have views to the side as well.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taxsand
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I decided to renew our vows at this property. We vacationed as a family with children under 16 years old. We also came with some friends and family members. Overall, we spent close to $10,000 at this property.

The property was beautiful, but the beach is not swimmable as others have already indicated. The rooms are old, but needed some maintenance. The resort is large and I would not recommend it to senior visitors. You could take the golf carts (the drivers are quite reckless! so watch out) or try walking around the property yourself (if you do, be careful - both my friend and I sprained our ankles walking around the property).

The food at the various restaurants are moderately adequate (nothing to boast about). There are plenty of activities for children to participate, most of them are in the main pool area. The bartenders/servers at the pool are quite responsive and nice. It does take them awhile to get your orders but if you tip well they cater to you. Daniel at the main pool was our server. He was excellent! I wish I could say the same for the front desk staff and the rest of the staff at the Pueblo Bonito.

We encountered problems at check-in. Since I wanted to pre-pay everything in advance, it actually backfired on me because they could not find proof of my payment. I had to go to another establishment to print my bank statement (after paying $12 to access the internet and print the statement) to show the front desk that I have paid in full. This is after I transfered over $3,000 in payment just to cover the vow renewal fees (that's another story - will not recommend this place to hold your wedding - or you will pull your hair out just trying to get someone to contact you back).

My sister and I both visited the spa. I got a massage and a facial. My sister opted for the massage. Both were good, but not excellent. The spa area was quite small. It also did not provide all the amenities.

I would go back to this place if someone else is paying for it and if I don't want to do anything except hang out in the pool.

Room Tip: Building 30 was close to everything!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CaliFolks

Dear Guest:

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach to spend your holiday and for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay.

We would like to let you know that we really appreciate your comments and we extend our most sincere apologies. We are sorry that you had to experience these situations during your stay, but we assure you that we are taking care of each comment made.

We will be glad if you consider another visit to our property in the future, in order to give us the opportunity to change your perception about our development and serve you as you deserve.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was gifted to us as a wedding present. We could not have planned a better honeymoon destination. It was my wife and I's first visit to Mexico, and we were a bit leary from what you hear in the news. Cabo San Lucas is very safe, and Friendly. Though other areas are not the best, Cabo is great in town. The Nightlife has so much to offer, and the local culture is exceptional. At the resort, you are waited on hand and foot. There are numerous pools to take in the great Mexican weather, and this is good, because at this beach, you cannot swim, due to large surf. The sky pool on top of the mountain at the resort, gives you the best view, and the food at the pools is as good as anywhere. All the restaurants were 5 star, and the service could not have been better. The spa was so good, we went a second time. Great Escape to start a life together.

Room Tip: The resort itself is pretty much perfect. Just be advised that The tour is essentially just a sales...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple