Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$275
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$320
  • Breakfast included
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$294
$254
Bookit.com
$340
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$290
$213
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$429
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$201
11,287 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driversfree shuttlepresidential suitetime shareall inclusive plansushi restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Amazing place to stay! We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Presidential Suite with another couple and we absolutely had the best vacation we have had in a long time. Everything from the staff, food, drinks, was top notch! I would call this a total 5 star resort! We stayed in building 21 on the 3rd floor and the patio, hot tub and view were simply amazing! We tended to migrate to the Sky Pool as it was less crowded and we could always get a lounge chair. The bar staff everywhere we went was awesome! If you tipped them some $$$ up front, they certainly took care of you the remainder of your trip! We did venture downtown a few days, guys did some diving and fishing, again, they had a great time! I would certainly recommend the All Inclusive option! The food was ALL great...though I must say that our favorite item to eat was the Brick Oven pizza!!! The drinks were also very enjoyable. We were very impressed on how often the golf carts were running, we never had to wait to get a ride! The main pool we found was very crowded and if you didn't get down there at 7:00 am, you didn't get a lounge chair, so we avoided it and went to the Sky Pool. Carlos helped us out until he went on vacation, then his son helped us with anything we needed. We were all very impressed with how well the resort was kept up and they always seemed to be busy doing something!! We did eat breakfast in the Bistro daily which was good. Except towards the end of our week, they ran out of oatmeal, jelly and spinach...we thought this was a bit odd. The service here was very good. The timeshare people did ask us every time they saw us if we had been to the presentation, we simply told them that we were already owners and didn't need to go to the presentation! Definitely go to the SPA! If you are at the pool, they offer you discounts, take them up on the discounts, usually 35% off! The spa is absolutely beautiful and the massages were great! We will definitely be returning to Sunset Beach!!! Thank you for the wonderful memories and a fantastic vacation!!!

Room Tip: We chose building 21 after reading reviews that the Sky Pool was a great place for adults to be! We would certainly pick the buildings higher up next time again!!
8  Thank Brenda L
Daniel M, Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. Due to all of our guest suggestions and comments we are pleased to inform you that we took important decisions to increase and improve our food and beverage offert. Our special recognition program to all our staff members providing outstanding services to our guests will be considered with Carlos and his exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort and I am always available for any further assistance you may need.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I just purchased a fractional time share at the Montecristo which is attached to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort. We spend the last 2 weeks of September and purchased the meal plan.
After 10 days we left early due to a mutlitude of reasons but mostly due to my stomach illness that turned out to be a parasite. I was diagnosed with Crytosporidium which comes from food that is contaminated from feces! We also found out that the refrigerator water filters are cleaned instead of replaced. These are consumables and need to be replaced!!
I will never return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Cindi G
Daniel M, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Gest:

We deeply regret this bad experience associated with food consumed and hope all is well with you. I commented that fortunately we have no records of sick guests associated with food in our development. The recent rains that are uncommon in our ecosystem, has facilitated the presence of flies and other pests not only in our development but in the entire city. I mention that already have taken action in our facilities to combat this problem and have reduced their presence in 90%. We would love to invite you to visit us again so you can find the above and we can assist you as you deserve, with the level of quality in service that characterizes Pueblo Bonito.

We are always at your service and available for any assistance.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently stayed at the pueblo bonito sunset beach for our honeymoon and had an excellent experience. We were first offered a room upgrade to include a jacuzzi, which we didnt take because we thought we would never use it being as hot as it was, and instead given a suite with a huge balcony. We had choosen the all inclusive package and still recieved top service at all the resort facilities. The staff were all wonderful! Always someone there to get you what you need without much of a wait. On occassion the wait for carts would be a little bit longer, but those were at the prime times (dinner) and thats to be expected with a large resort. We had the BEST experience with our waiter at the main pool...ALONSO. He was always there and bringing us food or drinks wihtin minutes of us ordering, he was also very promt at removing the empty dishes! Food was excellent at all the resort resturants and bars, even the pool bar had excellent, fresh food.
The only complaint I would have is that some of the older people would come out at 5-6am to put things in a cabana to reserve it and then not show up until 12 or later. We were informed there is no "saving" areas at the pool and that we could feel free to move the things or call a staff memeber if we wanted the section. We never chose to take the section, but it was nice to know the policy and that if wanted to we could have the area.
Overall, excellent experience on our first trip to Cabo and we can not wait to return !!

7  Thank frag81

Dear Manager:

We also can not wait to have you in our resort again. We are glad to inform you that we made changes in the operation of the golf cart services that will reduce the waiting time and we work hardly to explain to out guests the advantages of respecting the rules in all of our pools so they can have the best experience ever. Our permanent recognition program to our staff members providing exceptional services to our guest will be considered with our waiter Alonso.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Cabo and this tme decided to stay at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. At first we were hesitant because it isn't walking distance to town. The good news is that they have complimentary shuttles to their sister properties that are in town so that made it easy. Also, getting a taxi was never an issue. This place is an amazing architectural feat, built on a huge steep hillside, there are no cars past the check in area. Golf carts whisk you everywhere you need to go and there is usually not much of a wait. Took some getting used to but the system works well. There are six pools and quite a few restaurants so really you don't have to leave the property. The spa is a must, one of the best massages I've had. The sky pool at the top is super cool, best view of Cabo but be warned, there were some topless women up there so must be ok. Kids were arund and nobody seemed to care. We spent a lot of time at the main pool at beach level, also known as the party pool, the biggest of all, they do have adults only pools as well. There's an Avis car rental that we ended up using and for under $100 for a day and a half we used the car and dropped it at the airport, which came out to be less than a shuttle (for four people) alone would have cost.
Two drawbacks: 1. This is a big one- do NOT go on the time share presentation unless you are well prepared to either buy or deal with foams shady tactics. We were there on a timeshare swap but wanted to check out the program. In the end, we chose not to buy and thus began the hideous treatment, including being accused of being cheap and rude. I was blown away. As we were leaving, there was a couple who was also leaving, the woman was in tears over the awful treatment they received when they too chose not to buy. Of course I complained but it really put an ugly spin on the entire day. 2. If you're over 5'10" and like a little room when you sleep, don't get the queen beds room, they are not generous queen beds, more like full size. We changed to a king room which was way better. Overall, I would go back, probably to their sister property right up the hill, monte Cristo, mostly because they are houses with their own pools and access t Pueblo Bonito. It was pretty, relaxing and aside for the horrendous timeshare shtick, a great place. Not sure I'd take my kids only because they don't have any pools with slides or ammentities like that.

Room Tip: Get king beds. Avoid time share presentation!
4  Thank anneez

Dear Guest:

We are very pleased that you took the time to write about your experience at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. It has been very helpful to strengthen the security in our pools with the sole purpose of preserving the family atmosphere that characterizes us. We recommend to our future guests when you make your reservation, ask to our agents for king size beds which are subject to availability but we do the best to fulfill your request.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort and I am always available for any further assistance you may need.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

To Whom it may Concern,

I wanted to touch base with someone in management regarding a recent stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort.

I am proud to say I am a timeshare owner at this resort. We bought into a junior suite with another couple roughly 5 years ago and I have stayed at this resort and the Holistic Resort on separate vacations over the past 5 years. We were excited to share our experience in Cabo with our family and friends, therefore, through RCI and using our 1 annual week we were able to bring (including my husband and I) 12 people to the resort on Sept 10th through Sept 17th. We had a beautiful presidential suite and 4 other junior suites. I have to admit, I thought the all inclusive would result in poor room service and grounds keeping, but it turns out there was a bigger concern I should have had!

Over the course of the week, 11 out of 12 people in my group became ill. Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea not to mention fevers and chills. Some of us were so bad we required care at the infirmary. The restaurants and pool food service areas were teaming with flies....100s if not 1000s of flies. There were no attempts made to reduce the flies. Flies were in the fruit trays and on the service area counters. La Nao even had numerous flies on the food at the buffet. I do not think it was the water that got us sick, I believe it was either the by-product of flies or food poisoning from poor storage and cross contamination of the food. To top it off, the resort ran out of bottled water!

Upon check out, I requested to speak with a manager. I wanted to share my frustrations and present interventions to help with the flies, but management could not meet with me. The front desk handed me a phone and when I asked to speak with him in person, management told me he could not come to the main lobby and I should write my complaints down. As you can understand, I get roughly 2 weeks a year vacation time and this trip was a disappointment. The worst part is, I am an owner and I don't want this resort to have a bad reputation. As I read tripadvisor, I see we are not the only ones who got sick, but then again, we knew that by the presence in the infirmary on Sept 16th.

I have several other complaints regarding the all inclusive, but I understand new concepts require time to work out the kinks. I am not in the business of complaining about everything, but my stomach is still not "right" and it will be a long year until I get another vacation.

Laurie Farrell, owner PBSR