Wow, were we impressed! Reading reviews, one is always a little stressed whether they picked a good resort for a week vacation. Well, we picked a great resort! We started the trip off getting private transportation from Cielito Lindo and it was so worth it! Adrian was waiting for us right outside the airport (yes, walk past all the crazies after you get through security...they are loud and ready to pounce...they even told us we were going the wrong way) and as we paid a little extra for, took us to Mega to pick up water and groceries. He even went in with us to help show us where things were! When we pulled up to our beautiful resort, we were so happy. The valet guys took our luggage/groceries and showed up at our room half and hour later. It was so easy! Check-in was quick and we got a studio room towards the top of the resort, and lucked out being close to the skypool. Maid service was incredible and we felt to happy to come "home" everyday and find a nice, clean room.
We are a 36/43 year old couple, and loved walking the hills instead of taking golf carts. We only took them the first and last day. Otherwise, we walked up and down and enjoyed seeing all the different parts of this huge resort. You just walk single file whenever a golf cart is coming and going. We did 4 of the pools and loved the skypool the best. The view of the Pacific Ocean is incredible from up there. The bar staff is very friendly. Everyday in all pools from 4pm to 5pm was happy hour which meant 2 for 1 (big drinks!). That was fun! Decent food at the pool bars, and we did enjoy the Bistro. La Nao was okay, and we didn't try La Frida. We ate in our room most nights, courtesy of our trip to Mega and the two burners we had on our stove and the decent sized fridge. Not that we had to, but we boiled our water everyday and re-used our plastic bottles.
We did to the timeshare presentation and we recommend it as it shows you the property (which is gorgeous) and we got $200 towards the restaurants, which we used toward the champagne/Sunday brunch at La Nao and then one dinner towards the Bistro. And do be patient, they are a bit slow on service. But knowing that keeps the patient level high.
Enjoyed the free shuttle ride to the Rose. Easy to get tickets at the concierge. Get your tickets early as everyday we passed, there was always a big line of people ready to go to the Rose when they start the trips around 10am. The waves of the ocean near the Rose are fun and big! We ate at the Sandbar, a little ways from the Rose, and it was fabulous. The trip to the Rose is definitely worth going for a day or 2. But overall, even if we couldn't swim in our own ocean, we preferred the peace and quiet of the Pacific side (no cruise ships crowding the views) and loved watching the sun set into the Pacific Ocean every night.
We do recommend Pez y Gato for your snorkeling/cruise trip (took a taxi at 9am, spent $16). Great crew that want you to have a fun time and they have awesome salsa. We took a Glass Bottom Boat ride to Los Arcos and Lovers Beach and spent two hours there. Awesome! And again, we recommend Cielito Lindo for your private transportation needs. Adrian picked us up on-time on our last day, safely delivered us to the airport and ended our trip with a smile. We did not need a car for the week and were happy we used Cielito Lindo. Finally, we fully recommend the Sunset Beach. We would return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos