11,451 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driversfree shuttlepresidential suitetime shareall inclusive plansushi restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Overall we love this place. You have to know what you're getting into, but since we have owned here since 2003, we knew what to expect.

Good = very friendly help & service; excellent restaurants (La Frida, La Nao, and Bistro), and the pools are well placed (we loved going to the sky pool at the top of the property). The room was very well laid out & spacious; good daily housekeeping; the view from our room was excellent (bldg 19); golf cart service was usually very quick and efficient. My daughter lost her cell phone & Ramon @ the concierge went way out of his way to try to find it.

Poor = phone service was sporadic - the messages we were left couldn't be retrieved; international 800 service didn't work so we ended up spending >$100 to call home due to a family emergency; we arrived early (Noon) & there is no good plan to check in early (4:00pm).

The final decision is we love coming here, but they need to get a little more aggressive in fixing the little things that make it a high-end hotel.

Room Tip: bldg 8-12 give good views of the sunset; try to get a room off the ground floor or you may get woke up in the morning by landscaping if you like to sleep in.
2  Thank Baldy6153
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Arrived on a Saturday with a rental car.Parking is free. We were pick up by a golf cart to check in. Lady at reception stated we can have complimentary drink and she showed the location...I know it was a trick to go for the timeshare. The timeshare lady spoke to us briefly, we told her, we were too tired and she understood.She said she wont be there for long...We told her we will be back after puttting our luggage to our room, but we never made it back....
After that no more hassles from timeshare people...
Place is ok, mobility is limited..you either walk or call for a golf cart pick up. Place is huge.We stayed at bldg 26 and got stocked at the elevator for 10 mins.We kept on ringing the alarm,no one came to help us.There is no phone inside the elevator.Good luck if your cell works (ours didnt have any signal).We were kncking and banging the door and my husband had to forcefully open the door and we were 2/3 halfway to the next floor..Quite horrifying and frustrating experience..We tried to tell the employees inearby but we had problems communicating. View is great from the balcony. We didnt try ther food...We bought food from Costco and Walmart and ate at the Marina...We just got the complimentary drink...Overall, I think it is ok to see the place but I want to see other places so maybe this is my last time here...

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a week in Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach and I can honestly say we were "wowed"! Our suite was spacious with a full kitchen,granite counter tops and modern appliances. My only disappointment was no dishwasher, but since we only prepared light breakfast each day, it was a minor inconvenience for us. There was a sofa and chair and smallish dining room set for 4 in one room and a TV that could have been bigger.
The separate bedroom was very large with a king sized bed and armoire containing another not so large TV. The bedroom also had a large sitting area with comfortable chairs and a desk. Lots of closet and storage space and a large bathroom with a separate roomy shower stall and jacuzzi tub. There was also another full bathroom with shower right off the entry way. The best part however was the view from the very large balconies that could be accessed from both living room and bedroom through the large sliders. We were on the 7th floor of building 24 and it was spectacular! We had a clear view all the way to the Pacific Ocean, the lighthouse and sunsets every night.
We found the service to be prompt and friendly. They have the gulfcarts and shuttles that transported us everywhere (including the beautiful Pacifica Resort nearby) down to a science. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes and were usually there waiting for us when we called them from our room. They even took us into town to their other 2 resorts the Pueblo Bonito Rose, and the one they call the "Blanco". From there you can walk into town or enjoy a day at the beach. The shuttles run all day till 10:30 pm and they are free.
The lobby area and all the restaurants were beautifully decorated and the pool areas, most with infinity pools, were comfortable and enjoyable in every way. We found the food at The Bistro very good and not excessively expensive. We also dined at Nao, where we sat on their terrace overlooking the Pacific and also at Siempre in the Pacifica Resort. Both had very delicious food and impeccable service, though a little pricier.
This was our first stay in Cabo, having briefly visited for a few hours during a cruise a few months ago. We weren't sure what to expect form a resort in Mexico and we were very pleasantly surprised. We will be back!

Room Tip: The higher elevation, the better the view.
1  Thank travlinmadlin
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The resort is HUGE. It's built on the side of a hill next to the beach and has numerous building with very large condo style rooms. Ours was a two bedroom condo that had over 1800 square feet of living space. The resort is nearly 30 miles from the airport and unless you plan to stay at the resort day in and day out, I recommend you rent a car. Driving in this resort town is very easy and safe. Staff at Pueblo Bonito was friendly without being pushy about attending a timeshare presentation. We did attend the timeshare presentation which lasted just 90 minutes including breakfast, and the gift given us was generous. I would go back to this resort tomorrow.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob_101_10
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food, rooms and service were all excellent, but you need a golf cart to pick you up and take you every where. Not my cup of tea. If I need to go to my room I don't want to have to wait or call for the next bus"golf cart that seats 9 passengers". Or take a really long walk. The place is beautiful but I prefer a smaller scale more personal accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple