We experienced a one bedroom villa at Sunset Beach. It was on the ground floor of a 3 story complex. The massive resort is spread verticlly up a mountain side with lush vegetation beteen hotel complexes. Transport to the rooms is by gas powered golf carts from the hotel proper. Exhaust and noise eminate from them at all hours. The lush vegetation is watered by timed sprinklers during the day and night. The water used to sprinkle the plants is apparantly sewer water because of the foul odor residue that lingers for a couple of hours and a warning to keep yur patio doors closed if you are in a ground floor unit.
The hotel is isolated on the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo San Lucas over the hills rising out of the center of town. You must have an auto, take a taxi (about $12 one way) or you may take an hourly shuttleprovided by the Sunset to the Pueblo Bonito Rose' sister resort on the Sea of Cortez side about a 15 min walk out of downtown Cabo.
The hotel actually faces South Southeast along its beach, which you cannot even go near to because of the ocean wave action, rip-tides or undertow safety considerations. You can see the sunrise but the sun sets over the land to the right if facing the ocean.
The accomondations are upscale but the location and these considerations are more than distractions. You can find just as nice accomondations on the Sea of Cortez side without these issues to deal with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos