“Lovely...I miss Sunset Beach already!”

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My wife and I to include our 20 year old son and his 18 year old girlfriend just returned from Cabo on 21 Mar. We had a Presidential Suite on the 19 floor with a 4 person jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Our view was absolutely beautiful. Like most vacationers, we ate at the hotel and at the marina as well. The hotel was a little pricey but then most luxury hotels are pricey! The staff was very friendly and the resort was very clean. The cart service was great because when we called...we had a cart within 2 minutes. We stayed there from 14 - 21 Mar 2011. The sky pool was stunning to include the views. I was very impressed and would definitely stay there again. Additionally, we when to the timeshare presentation and received $200 of our room bill at checkout... The presentation staff were a little aggressive but very professional. I really didn't feel pressured at all. I did not buy because I bought at PB Emerald Bay last year in Mazatlan. I loved Sunset Beach just as much as Emerald Bay...I'm already planning my return trip for this fall.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank lavtip

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I cannot think of one thing to complain about. I think the negative reviews on here are from people that just cannot be pleased anywhere with anything. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Waiters were excellent every time. We never saw anything that was not sparkling clean. Golf carts were plentiful and ran continuously. All meals were awesome. There were no "bad" views from any of the rooms. We found chairs whenever we went to the beach. We loved the fact that the resort was really secluded. There were no peddlers on the beaches like in town. True, you cannot swin in the ocean there, but we went to the Rose to get out "ocean swim fix", then enjoyed the wonderful pools back at Sunset Beach. We will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bonnielou_10
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Just returned from the P.B. Sunset Beach Resort and had a great time. What an amazing resort to stay out. The only draw back is that besides the point that everything at the resort is over-priced, they try to squeeze every nickel and dime out of you that they can.

Several issues that we had and took away from the resort experience was being told by the Resort Staff that you were not allowed to bring your own food and drinks (i.e. Beer) to the pool between the hours of 9-5. Nevermind the fact that they have their own store on site where you can purchase these items at an over-inflated price, now they don't want you to consume them at the pools during business hours. - It's all about making more money for the resort. Too bad, it didn't stop us from enjoying our purchases.

Secondly, we made reservations through the concierge for La Nao restaurant and was told that if we took our own bottle of wine that we would be charged a $15.00 (U.S.) Corkage fee. No problem, that was reasonable, however; after dinner and our bill came, the restaurant decided to charge us $32.00 for the corkage fee. After, talking with manager, we had it lowered to $17.00 (price of a glass of wine).

It's all the little issues that add up: No free wi-fi, pay per day for the fitness center, lack of beach chairs on beach, etc.. Would like to go back again, maybe it should have an all inclusive option. Nevertheless, we had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bombero60
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We have been coming to this beautiful resort for many years. We purchased a timeshare prior to a hammer landing on the first nail. Although there are many things to enjoy at this resort, it's the little annoying things that you remember best.

The lack of beach chairs (I counted 13, not 10 as listed in a prior review) cannot be overlooked. We ran into the same problem last year and were promised that new chairs were on order. Well, one year later and we found ourselves running down to the beach with towel in hand to reserve a chair for the day. Hello??? This is a beach resort with many customers looking for chairs. How about hotel employees making a quick trip to Wal Mart or Costco to rectify the situation.

The internet connection used to be free in the public areas and some rooms hardwired. Now, I have been told that they have sub-contracted for wireless internet access and they charge approx $10 per day. I broke down and paid for a five day plan only to find the connection inconsistant and super slow. I found myself waking up at 4 AM to check email as this was the only time of the day that it seemed to work properly.

Finally, please review your bill prior to check-out. Each year we find mistake after mistake. In fact this year, I was handed the bill for some family that I did not know. I don't mind paying for my purchases, but in this economy, I cannot afford another family.

One word of praise to Olga at the Concierge Desk. She made multiple calls for us in an attempt to obtain a dinner reservation. She was great and I actually made a trip down to the desk to thank her in person. The rest of the lobby staff should take a lesson from Olga.

Althoug there are some small complaints, we have already made our reservations for next year. Hopefully, the beach chair and internet issues will be resolved.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ksilver105
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were going to Sunset Beach for several years and than started going other places.
We are returning to Sunset Beach this June and we can`t wait. We love this place. We have a Presidential Suite over looking the ocean and we just love it. The place is always clean and the staff is always very helpful. The only problem we ever have is checking in, They never seem to get that right and we are always have to have some type of discussion with the management before it all gets taken care of. I don`t look forward to that after a long flight from New York. We always feel safe here and we love the fact that you can use the services in their other three hotels. Great place to vacation with family and friends. So go to Cabo, Stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and have a great time.
( Just beware of the timeshare salesman. If you don`t want to purchase a timeshare just be up front and tell them, Don`t waste their time and they won`t waste yours)
John & Barbara G.
Huntington,New York

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jjgangone
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We are owners at Sunset; this was our 4th year. It has always been beautiful and well run but this year they really stepped it up with immaculate housekeeping services and have fixed the uncomfortable mattress situation. Check in was friendly and easy and every other staff member we encountered was marvelous. Special thanks to Omar at pool by bldg. 26. Fabiola an exquisite waitress at La Frida and an extreme shout out to Hector the Sommlier at La Frida. He gets it right every time. Just finished our vacation but looking forward to next year already. Thank you Mr. Dodge for running such a beautiful resort!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank josiewales
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I am BAFFLED by the negative reviews I saw here. The ONLY rubs I could find are 1) that one cannot swim in the ocean and 2) the Room Service and Carry Out from the Bistro are not so hot.. Knowing that in advance, be prepared for very high quality accomodations, friendly staff, great restaurants (Three on site) to dine at, six or seven beautiful pools (Heated), a great mini-grocery and beatiful views (It was really cool to watch the whales blowing up puffs of water off the beach). While I did not sample the Spa, my wife said it was the NICEST she's been to (This includes the Grove Park Inn, which was my favorite).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family