“fresher can't be”
Review of La Roca

La Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Av. Playa Grande y Av. Solmar
Description: Blends cuisine from around the world for sophisticated elegance with signature fresh dishes. Enjoy homemade baked goods, savory seafood dishes, authentic Baja cuisine as well as American and Continental fare. The restaurant will serve breakfast buffet daily from 7:00 am - 12:00pm & dinner daily from 6:00pm - 10:00 pm. Dress code for dinner; Casual Formal attire. No flip flops
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great food, freshest ingredients locally grown and fresh sea food. Incredible nice and attentive service, just great.
We'll be back soon to Cabo and La Roca has taken our reservations already.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Loved this place! Dessert was by far my favorite. The key lime pie was really, really tasty and the view is breathtaking. Located in one of the best resorts in all of Cabo, it may not be easy to get to, but it's worth it. The service was outstanding!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are timeshare owners at Solmar and the Old La Roca (as well as the Tejaban restaurant/bar at the Solmar Suites) was always "meh" and way overpriced (for dinner). Knowing that, we weren't too excited to try La Roca 2.0 but we did, and we were very pleasantly surprised. So surprised we ate there twice the last time we stayed at Grand Solmar.

With the opening of Grand Solmar, the management has really made an effort to have a first rate restaurant on site. La Roca can be all of that if they can work out a few issues.

Likes:
The variety and innovatioin with the food choices.
Service is impeccable; friendly and solicitous without hovering throughout the meal. I loved some of the custom salts they serve with the meals that they boxed up a little for me to take home! That was SO SWEET.
The lovely amuse bouche the chef sends out ( fish carpaccio one night a that was sweet and delicious).
Pace of the meal. Some folks want to eat and run but we liked the leisurely dining pace; relaxed but not slow.
Presentation. This food is beautifully arranged on the plate, enhancing the meal.
Location. Nothing like al fresco dining as the waves crash in the background and there is a light ocean breeze..

Dislikes:
More attention/skill needs to be applied to how the entrees are cooked. My filet of beef was overcooked- and I should have sent it back it was so overcooked but I didn't- I am not sure the waiter understood "medium/rare." That needs to be worked out with the staff...or I need to learn how to say that in Spanish.

The wine list. This is my main "peeve." Not only is it a pretty poor quality list, the offerings are terribly overpriced. I set a lot of store in my wines -they make or break a dining experience-and I don't like feeling either stuck with bad wines, or ripped-off. Frankly, I experienced both of those feelings. They really need to get a wine professional in to help them make better choices about the selection AND they need to moderate the prices. A wine that retails for $8.5 a bottle in the states should not be on a wine list ANYWHERE with a 52 dollar price tag; that is just "bush league" and wrecks the "fine dining" ideal.

The thing is this: Have good wines at reasonable prices and people WILL BUY MORE. Next time I will bring a couple bottles with me and pay corkage fees.

All in all this was a very good dining experience. They can do better though and I hope they do so we can come back.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We enjoyed eating here. the food was terrific-well prepared and tasty.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

During our stay, we had both the breakfast buffet and a nice dinner. The buffet has a nice selection of mexican and american choices. I was thrilled to have the chilequiles...plus, I was able to choose red or green! I also loved eating yogurt out of a martini glass. It's a small thing, but it makes you feel special!

For my husband's birthday, I spoke to Ali (manager) and arranged to have a special dinner cooked for the four of us. It was not on the menu, but he took care of everything for us! The wait staff and a few chefs even came out to sing happy birthday to my husband. It was fabulous!
The tortillas soup is to die for and the variety of fresh bread with oils and flavored sea salt was something new for me......loved it!

We also ate lunch every day at the pool bar in Grand Solmar, and I believe the food was also from La Roca.......so yummy once again! Thank you for the great food and service!

1  Thank Adrienne M