“Donna is grand host.”

Casa de Colores School of Traditional Mexican Cooking
Reviewed December 2, 2012

While spending 3 weeks in Cabo I took classes with Donna and could not have asked for a better experience. Donna is knowledgeable about the history of Mexican cuisine as well as cooking it. She also welcomes you into her home and treats you like a treasured friend. Don't miss this opportunity if you like to cook or eat! I am looking forward to taking another class when I am once again in Cabo.

1  Thank Jcs S

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This course is a must for any foodie who loves Mexican food. Donna is incredibly knowledgeable and flexible with any requests for recipes etc. I booked onto a Mexican Essentials class and requested that we also include Tamale's as I've never made them before. Donna was very accomodating in this instance.

Sitting up in her beautiful kitchen made me just like a pro and I appreciated the hands on class, rather than just a demonstration. The tequila helped too!

Can't wait to get into the kitchen and start making my own dishes thanks to this class. You can't learn this stuff by reading recipes. I really wish I'd had longer in Cabo and been able to take a 2nd class.

Thanks again Donna.

1  Thank msmegmog
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I took Donna's cooking class the last week in October. It was without a doubt the best part of our trip to Cabo. This was our third trip to Cabo in three years so we didn't want to do the same things we had done before. Donna's cooking class was definitely the right choice. Donna is amazing - her knowledge of and passion for Mexican cooking is unmatched by anyone I've ever met. I booked the class because my husband loves to cook. I just went along to watch, never thinking that I might get hooked. Well, I just loved it! First, we toured the market and learned about cheeses, meats, breads, desserts, and vegetables. Then we went to Donna's home to cook. There was another couple there and she just effortlessly involved everyone. We were all able to help in different phases of the process. Our class was about how to make salsas, masa dumplings, tortillas, and stuffed peppers. We actually ended up being with her for four hours, but it only felt like a few minutes because she was so interesting and it was so much fun. We arrived back home on a Thursday night so my husband went to the grocery store on Friday morning. He re-created the roasted salsa that Donna showed us how to make - it was delicious. I don't think we will ever eat bottled salsa again! If you read this review and don't schedule a cooking class with Donna while you're in Cabo, then you're missing an experience of a lifetime! We plan on taking a class every time we go back to Cabo. I would highly recommend taking Donna's cooking classes - you will be so happy you did!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last Wednesday we took a cook's tour of Cabo with Claudia. The first stop was a place where the ladies made the corn tortillas by hand. There we ate some tacos with an assortment of fillings like zuchinni blossom, mushrooms, and chicken. Then we went to a burrito shop in a mall. Then she took us to the Mexican grocery store and went through the store explaining what different items were and how they were used in Mexican cooking. We then went to another restaurant where they only made tacos and burritos with pork filling. Thank you Claudia for an interesting day. We really enjoyed it. On Thursday we then took a cooking class at Donna's house. What a great experience this was from start to finish. I keep telling everyone about the class and the sweet potato dessert we had. Next time we go to Cabo I plan on us taking another class from Donna.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

6 of our group joined Donna in her Mexican Comfort Food class. What a great experience from start to finish. We learned the basics of salsa prep to preparing and cooking Chile Relleno. It was informative fun and interesting and a fun way to spend the day. Good Stuff!!!!

1  Thank bumperr