“Best Tour EVER!!!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Tour EVER!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you want to learn about authentic Mexican Cooking, and have a great time, then Donna is perfect!!! This was by far the highlight of my last trip to Cabo. Donna picked us up at our hotel, and took us to a shop that sold authentic Mexican cookware (he had the best collection in all of Mexico - and had even brought stuff from Bali) where I picked up the most beautiful glassware. Then off to a place where they made tortillas the OLD way. The food was INCREDIBLE, the people friendlier than you will ever meet!!! Donna sent us home with fabulous recipies that I can't wait to try!! On my next trip to Cabo, I want to get together with Donna again and learn even more!!!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank KristinMonesmith

San Francisco, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“So much to learn about Mexican food from Donna”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I recently visited Cabo for our 1 year anniversary. We wanted to mainly relax, but I am a foodie, so it was important to me to incorporate that somehow into our trip. I am so happy I found out about Donna and Casa de Colores. She is just amazing. She has so much energy, knowledge and gratitude for Mexican food and was just so easy to be around.

Normally Donna teaches classes in her home but because we went in the 'hot season' (August and September), she doesn't offer classes. Instead, she took us on a lengthy market tour of Cabo San Lucas. She picked us up at our hotel, right on time and took us to multiple markets, where we really got a sense of Mexican ingredients and how they eat. She'd walk through all the staple ingredients, and how she would use them in a recipe (we were given all the recipes in a file folder and email, so we could replicate at home). She also took us to several restaurants that are off the beaten path with no tourists around where food is still made in traditional ways, such as these ladies that still grind their own masa with stones and then delicious corn tortilla based dishes, fresh off this huge griddle. There was so much hard work involved that it made me appreciate my meal so much more.

Coming from San Francisco, we have access to so many good Mexican restaurants but not knowing how to cook Mexican food, I've never taken advantage of all the Hispanic grocers around me. Now I know what to do with all those peppers, spices, cheeses and nopales. We are so glad we did this!

Visited September 2011
8 Thank loveandtandoori
Orangevale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't miss this great cooking and eating experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I feel very fortunate to have been invited to take this traditional Mexican cooking class with Donna while on vacation in Cabo. Donna teaches in a beautiful, and beautifully equipped, kitchen above her charming home. Her knowledge is amazing, and her ability to teach in a fun and informative way is great. I was a bit concerned because I eat vegetarian food only, but Donna made several wonderful dishes that worked just fine for me. For example, Chilahuates, a black bean and squash tamale steamed in banana leaves. I helped make the tamales (what fun), but ate only the filling due to the lard in the masa. Makes my mouth water just to think about it. We also made a salsa which was "to die for", and many other dishes... oh, and the flan... As I was leaving I was thinking about friends and family who need to experience the class too. Well, you just need to take her class! It is well worth your time!

Visited July 2011
6 Thank Laura I
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Mexican Cooking Class - Fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was an exceptional foody experience which was an afternoon of 4 to 5 hours of exploring Cabo's eating delights and learning from Donna as our very knowledgeable & gracious host. She picked us up from our hotel and we proceeded to visit many locations which one would never find in the back streets of Cabo - and the food was AMAZING. Then onto Donna's Casa de Colores School of Traditional Mexican Cooking (Tel: [--]) where we enjoyed a full afternoon of culinary delights and even took part in some wine & tequila appreciation.. The cooking was hands on and well worth while the time away from the pool. This is a highly recommended outing and one which you will never forget. Donna returned us to the hotel to complete a great afternoon.. For all you cook's - this is a must !!

Visited July 2011
6 Thank cynmar61
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best thing we did in Cabo”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My daughter and I took the cooking class. It was amazing. She picked us up at our hotel, gave us a tour of the local cabo for getting good food and ingredients. Then gave an amazing class with wonderful food. We are still using the recipes. I became ill, not because of the class and her assistance was invaluable. Would highly reccomend her class if you really want to learn how to cook authenticly.

Visited March 2011