“La Palapa. Dinner on Sunday, breakfast this morning.”

La Palapa Fine Eatery & Saloon
Ranked #212 of 578 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“La Palapa. Dinner on Sunday, breakfast this morning.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Friends from Cabo, (Caboholiics) suggested we try one of their favorite local restaurants, La Palapa. Gus explained the menu and made some suggestions. Great variety. There were nine of us, and we all ordered something different. The food and service was excellent. We will definitely go back for dinner again very soon. This morning we had breakfast. It was American style that we like with a Mexican twist. Absolutely delicious. And the prices are very reasonable. Thank you Gus and your staff. See you soon as we will be in Cabo a couple more weeks. Stan and the crew.

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
“A must hit place!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I don't know how we've never been to this place with all the time we spend in Cabo. The owner Gustavo greeted us and made us feel right at home. He claimed it would be authentic and a cooked to order Mexican meal and boy was it. The menu is extensive and they cook prawns 14 different ways and the fresh fish can be prepared 5 different ways. The wife had prawns and Mahi with garlic and butter, which was good but face it that's the same everywhere. I had the Mahi blackened with a capers sauce, which was to die for, the wife does not like spicy but had a bite and said hands down that's the way she would order it again. I also had a seafood chile relleno with cilantro sauce, another house specialty. Talk about awesome, this meal impressed me big time. Just don't expect fast food as they put so much care into the individual preparations. It's funny how a guy laying on the beach tells me that he had his best meal of the week there and recommends it. Tried it that night and he was right. They earned a new client.

• Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“"wow"”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just back from cabo after 12 days and ate at "the Gus" 5 times. Gus was a true professional and host to me, my family and friends. The Gus even invented a new "bacon wrapped schrimp" sauce made from tequila and grenadine, " wow out of this world". The linguine is awesome as is the mango crusted sea bass. My kids enjoyed the deep frien ice creme and red wine inspired strawberry's. Please don't miss this excellent restrauant when in Cabo.

• Visited March 2013
“Gus is the best!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were walking by-we were just at next door for dinner- and Gus asked us if we were ready to eat and told him that we had just ate. Looking at his specials I noticed that he had fresh tuna so I told him to save us a piece and we'd be back to see him the next night. I think we surprised him when we actually showed up! Gus came out and welcomed us and offered a free first drink. We ended up having the tuna in a caper sauce and shrimp diablo #3 (you can order it from 1-5 depending how hot you like it) We had the fresh guacamole with chips, green salad with the pecan dressing (momma's recipe) very tasty and flan for dessert. Really more than we ever order anywhere else. It all sounded good so why not? Gus made sure every item that came to our table met our approval-very attentive which we like. Next year we will be back as I am really wanting to try another entrée offered there.Thanks Gus-see you next year!

• Visited February 2013
“Great Nachos”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

on the back streets behind sleepless lobster. the nachos were fantastic.....don't be afraid to try it if you get a chance.

Visited February 2013