Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$117
$112
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$275
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$288
$239
  • Breakfast included
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$267
$243
Bookit.com
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$429
$335
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$757
$147
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$185
$144
$380
$302
Priceline
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
$738
$631
Hotels.com
1,854 results
All reviewsla parrillathrough vrboswim up barthree propertiesfull kitchensister propertiesmedano beachwasher dryerlands endpoolside restauranthuge balconyspring breakall inclusive packagepool staffgold cardclose to townmeal plan
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

First time staying in Cabo and we choose this resort. 6 of us in a two bedroom condo with 3 full baths. Condo was a great size and the AC blew nice and cold. Resort grounds were very nice. Two level pool, good size, but not the cleanest. To the hotels credit they do clean it often, but it just got a bit scummy so I stayed out of it, others in my group didn't mind. Several hit tubs that I saw them testing and adjusting the water daily.

The staff was very nice, especially the pool staff. Beach was nice, no seaweed at all in the water which was fantastic! Only problem was the hoard of venders waiting to pounce on you when you walk down the stairs to the beach. That was the worst part and the main thing they need to get a handle on and stop.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank 2_cruises_per_year
Reviewed August 7, 2017

After all the outstanding reviews, I was surprised to be somewhat disappointed with this resort. Starting with the good, the views and location are excellent. It really is very close to town, so all drives in are 5-10 minutes. Also, you can get to good beaches in 10-20 minutes. Housekeeping service was good, and valet staff were excellent, very friendly and efficient. On to the not so good, room service food was adequate at best. They don't always seem to know when to come back for the plates/dishes, and once they sat outside our door all night which attracted a ton of bugs which were all dead at our front door the next morning. We never bothered with the restaurant because the food seemed very overpriced, and the room service food was produced by the same kitchen. The steak was tiny, dry, and bland. Better food to be had at restaurants in town, and for less money. Having been to several all inclusives at the Riviera Maya area of Mexico, I felt as if the food was on the same level as an AI. I expected the food to be better given the fact that this place is marketed as a 5 star resort. The pool was probably the least clean I've ever experienced in Mexico (8 trips at different resorts). It was a salt water pool which is great, but the water was cloudy, overly warm (like a bathtub, not refreshing at all), and with a lot of things floating in it, and pools of sunscreen swirling on the top. Also, although the rule is that you should not save chairs, there were staff saving multiple groups of chairs every day for certain guests. These were all the best chairs, either front row for pool or had best views. This was annoying when we'd arrive by 9 to get chairs and the staff were setting up and guarding chairs for the chosen ones. Then we'd watch as the chairs sat empty for hours. It was extremely crowded for being the "low season" mid to late July. The service around the pool was also lacking. We spent time at the pool about 5 days during our stay, only two times did staff address us for food or drinks. The staff at the pool were fine, but I didn't see any difference again versus the kind of service I would receive at an AI resort. In fact, I've had better service by staff at AI.This wouldn't have even been on my radar had I not read numerous times about how this resort was "5 Star, Top Notch, Exclusive." The beach was no better, as only 1 time during our 10 day trip the loungers were set out in one small area. The pictures on the resort website are very misleading. There was no roped off area and no umbrellas or rows of chairs. The vendors were all up and down and would address us even if we were standing at the railing looking down at the beach. A polite "no" was all they needed to move on, but why is the resort acting like their portion of the beach is private? Clearly its not. There are also regular horseback riding groups going by on the beach. The beach was not very swimmable for our stay, especially for children. My children are excellent swimmers, and I still wouldn't let our youngest go in because the waves were breaking too hard and the drop off is very quick. We drove to better beaches to swim and snorkel. We were told on arrival that we were allowed to go to Villa del Palmer to use their pool with the waterslide, but were not allowed to use Villa del Arco's pool, which is also not was I was lead to believe before our trip. We ventured over to Palmer and promptly left as that pool is even smaller and was more crowded. There was no real protection in terms of making sure guests of Arco or Palmer did not visit Estancia's pool. Guests could come and go as they please on and off the beach at any of the three properties with no identification. For all theses reasons I would not return.

Stayed: July 2017
Douglas D, General Manager at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

We're disheartened that we apparently missed the mark on this occasion and did not seem to please New Jersey's family, for which we offer our sincere apologies. We do appreciate her having taken the time to share her opinion.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Just returned from a 7 day "girls" vacation. This is a 5 Star resort in my book. The rooms were luxurious, the service was concierge level, the staff were so friendly. By the second day, the staff knew our room number before we had a chance to say it! Super clean, attention to detail not surpassed. Pools great with swim up bar. All ages were welcomed. Sister resort next door had pool activities and dinner shows.
MOst importantly, we felt safe with the number of staff on duty at all entry points.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

We couldn't be happier that cococat99 and her friends had such a remarkable experience at Villa La Estancia during their recent weeklong visit. We will be certain to share her very kind comments with all the staff members.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

This is our 3rd stay in Villa 1305, Serena is a wonderful host, and arranged transportation for us upon arrival. The new furniture is a nice touch, and it has all the comforts of home available. The Villa allows our family of 6 to travel together and stay together, which is sometimes difficult to find. The Villa is close to the pools, the ocean, and the gym. A short walk gets you to the general store, and a small cafe. We will continue to stay in this villa, because we know it is a step above the other rentals available.

Great Place.

Room Tip: The view from this villa is excellent, great view of Lands End
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Chelyos:

Thank you for your preference, it is nice for us hearing that it’s the 3rd stay with us and you were happy again.

We will pass through your comments Mrs. Serena, she will be happy to know you consider her as a wonderful host.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Cordially,

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights with our two teenagers. We had no idea what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was huge (a suite with full kitchen and 2 bath, king bed and pull out sofa. They surprised us with a complementary upgrade for an ocean view which was great! The balcony was huge - maybe 300 feet or more?

We had the all-inclusive package which includes everything but alcoholic drinks or specialty drinks like a virgin piña colada for the girls. That seemed fair enough but if I go back I don't think I would do the all-inclusive meal because the food was just OK. I feel bad saying that because the staff was absolutely outstanding and the presentation of the food was beautiful but it was just lacking flavor. I am aware that many Americans who are not familiar with what is considered authentic Mexican food, will have that complaint but I'm familiar with the difference between text mex ( I am a Texan) and authentic Mexican food. This did not appear to be anything but standard hotel food that you could find in any city in the U.S.- except for a few really tasty breakfast items. The scrambled eggs and bacon cooked inside a chili was very good.

As for the experience for the teenagers – the pool is nice but I found it odd that half of the pool is lacking in Oceanview because they put the pool bar/restaurant right in the middle of it ?!? Why block a view like that? I much prefer seeing the ocean in those huge beautiful rock formations out near the arch.

It seems to be set up more for adults who just want to have a leisurely swim were very young children because the water isn't very deep. The upside though as my daughters found quite a few other teens which made it fun for them. The resort is definitely kid friendly and teen friendly.we felt very comfortable letting our daughters wonder the pool area in the evenings where the other teenagers and families were.

As for the ocean, we had no problem swimming in the ocean. We were able to get in the water and feel fairly safe all four days. I would not consider it safe for a child under the age of eight however because the waves are hard but if you're an older child and you have a float, it is a blast to float along and have the waves knock you over. I never felt unsafe or had any concerns the way others do at their resorts. This may very well be the only place in all of Cabo where you can safely swim... you just have to go out about 10 feet from where the waves break if you want to avoid being jostled by the waves. For my family that was the best part!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family