My husband and I just came back from Cabo - stayed at the Villa Estancia and REALLY enjoyed ourselves. The hotel was so clean and the service was really spectacular - everyone was just so friendly and nice - it was awesome. What we liked about Villa Estancia was that it was quiet and peaceful - but also a quick walk to all the action down the beach if you wanted to do water sports or try a new place for lunch - and then loved coming back to the serene hotel. the really only down side unfortunately was this constant harassment about owning a time share. The Estancia itself wasn't too annoying but the surrounding hotels that are attached to the Estancia really - would not leave you alone. they don't take hints or body language that we are NOT interested. we just wanted to relax!!! We finally gave in and attended a presentation because they promise you free excursions and discounts - but they really need to find another way to attract people who are interested in time shares than harassing their customers. ( this one recruiter named Shane in particular was as sleazy as a car salesman) and it ended up not being so bad - but I was really annoyed for a part of it. at least we got to go to Lover's beach for free. but this was really the only downside - everything else - we loved.
Restaurants that we LOVED: La Fonda, Maria Corona, Mi Casa
Restaurants we HATED - ALEXANDER - its located at the Marina and it was so disgusting I returned my steak and they made me a new one and it was still inedible. I didn't want to make a scene so I just kept quiet but - really - its terrible. the people who work there are rude and have no problem letting annoying peddlers (ie: MULTIPLE guitar players, ladies selling roses, artists wanting to draw your portrait ) harass you while you are trying to eat dinner, interrupting your conversation - again - they don't seem to get the hint that they are not wanted and its creepy and annoying. the whole experience was awful.
BUT - anyhoo - we loved it and were really so sad to go. we felt safe there, and it was clean - and would love to go back someday. if you are looking for a wild night life - this is not the place to stay. the hotel is VERY quiet at night - but the bars and night life are only a $7 cab ride away so its really the best of both worlds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas