“Family Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa La Estancia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, Calif
“Family Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Third visit to Estancia. Very nice resort thats kid friendly but does not put up with riff-raff. Our 2 bedroom unit was like a home away from home. All of the staff is friendly and professional. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Book from owner via VRBO. You will save money!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GCN1
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear: GCN1:

Thanks very much for prefer Villa La Estancia like your second home, our friendly and professional staff are waiting for you and your family the next Year.
See you very soon.

Cordially
Carlos Blanco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My BFF and I stayed at Villa La Estancia for 6 days. The first day we got there they had our hotel room ready which was great. We then changed into our suites and hit the pool. When we first arrived I laughed a little loud and was told to shush.. that we can not be loud. It was just a laugh.. no screaming or yelling. So needless to say we didn't stay at the hotel pool the rest of our stay. The food was decent but most of the wine is not included in the "all inclusive package". I was still okay with the hotel at that point. When we left we were in a bit of a hurry. I accidently left some brand new (tags still attached) workout clothing in a drawer. All of my workout gear was in the same drawer. I called the hotel immidiatly and they claimed they found my clothes. I finally got my box and low and behold they sent everything except the clothes with the tags. I was so angry at this situation. Clearly they stole my clothing. It would have been different if my clothes were scattered but they weren't. Overall the stay was okay but I will never go back to any of their resorts again. THEFT IS SOMETHING I WILL NOT TOLERATE. It was my fault for leaving the clothes but I still expect a nice hotel to be honest as well. Thank the lord I locked up my valuables during the day!

Sincerly,
Denise

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank Denise P
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for 7 days with kids ages 9,12 and 17. Our condo was clean and spacious. We loved the location on Medono beach...close enough to enjoy the water but far enough from the public beach access where it was crowded. Our kids went back and forth from the beach to the pool...we stayed at Estancia 90% of the time because the pool was not crowded and it clean. The other resorts are easily accessible but I enjoyed La Estancia better. We did not do the all inclusive so cannot comment. We ate every breakfast at the condo and 2 dinners. WalMart and Sams are a 3 minute drive from the condo so we enjoyed relaxing at "home". The balconies are great too!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small children make note that the rooms are not completely joined. You hav...
3 Thank Chelsea E
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear. Chelsea E:

Thanks you for share your family trip experience with us. I’ am thrilled that you found at Villa La Estancia the special place to enjoy your vacations; Villa La Estancia always will be your home in Cabo.
We look forward to greeting you all again soon and helping create special memories for you and your family.

Best Regards
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll start with what we liked. We were originally booked at the Villa Del Arco and they upgraded us to the Villa Le Estancia. The hotel is very nice, grounds were great. The room was nice, spacious, with a great view of the beach. Although the porch we had was shared with another unit, we never saw them so it was nice to sit on the balcony. The resort was laid back and relaxing. It wasn't too "spring break-ish" for us, but it was still fun. It wasn't super crowded. The pool and swim-up bar was cool. It was great having the beach right there although it was too rough to swim in.

Now, for what we disliked. When we checked in, we were given a map of the three hotels that were tied together and the restaurants, but it didn't tell you any information about the restaurants, what their hours were, etc. We tried going to a couple places that sounded good only to find out they were closed or not open yet. There weren't any places open later at night either. Service at every place we went to was very slow. We would wait forever for a water, coffee or a drink.
All inclusive did not mean "all-inclusive". There were a lot of things that were not included such as coffee with alcohol as an after dinner drink or room service after 10:30 or decent alcohol. We weren't asking for top shelf, but we wanted a little above the well. They had a list of mixed drinks at the swim-up bar, but they had a small dot by the ones that were not included. The drinks we did have were very watered down. I heard more times than I cared for that "that is not included in your package". They should have a disclaimer before people purchase an all-inclusive package.

A couple things I will add is that we liked Josue at the main restaurant. We went there for breakfast every day. He was a great waiter and very friendly. Also, the chilaquiles for breakfast and the chicken tinga was really good. We also really liked the taco bar over at Villa Del Arco. The waiter was great. Right before our drink was empty, he was there offering us a new one. The tacos were really tasty. We especially liked the steak tacos and fish tacos. Overall our trip was relaxing, but they need to step up there game.

3 Thank kellyleal
Dear. Kellyleal:

On behalf of Villa La Estancia we offer you our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Do believe your remarks will not go unnoticed. I will share your experience with my co-worker in order to improve our guest satisfaction.

We hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to change this past experience.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just spent a wondeful week in Cabo. La Estancia is a great property, with very friendly staff and a location that is ideal. Close enough to walk (or a short cab ride) to town, but far enough away to be quiet when you want quiet.

2 Thank djh5723
Dear. djh5723:

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with others; our team is so happy to know that you had a great week with us and their work was as your satisfaction.
All at Villa La Estancia staff will be waiting for you in your next Vacations.

See you soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

should I start saying that this is my third visit?? I have been in many places around the world and nothing is compare to Villa la estancia. Since the firts moment you step in to the lobby you atr greeted my the most friendly staff, Room is spacios and clean, food served by the beach is acording with a 5 stars hotel. My previous visit was un a 5 star in Bahamas and believe me, not inpresss, special thanks to Juan at main buffet, he kept bringing fresh white wine to my lovely Fiance. Gym is also well recommended, since I´m a professinal player, this hotel with gyms are always appreciated..please, book a romm on the souht side, sunrise are unforgetabble.. I'm already planning my christmas vacations with you and try again the lobster!!!1

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andre c
Dear. Andre c:

Thank you for such a detailed review of your special stay at Villa La Estancia.
Our team here is always looking for ways to ensure our guests enjoy at 5 star resort´s services and they are happy and relaxed throughout their stay and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your best vacation and planning return very soon.

Will be a pleasure to hosting you in Christmas

Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just returned from our stay at Villa La Estancia. My only complaint was finding out that we didn't have an all inclusive package when we arrived to the hotel. Villa La Estancia Beach is described as all-inclusive, however like many hotels you can get room only or for all-inclusive. I just re-looked through the hotel details, and other than the all-inclusive description above there is no note that what you're booking is room only. We purchased the all-inclusive package at the hotel. For the price, I wouldn't recommend it. Will not go back.
Otherwise, the hotel was good, clean, friendly service, quiet. very good for families with children 1-10 years old. Two rooms are connected through a balcony, so not much privacy.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank MZB23
Dear. MZB23:

Please accept my sincerely apologies about the bad understanding about our meal plan package ,you can be sure that our reservation team are working to improve our web pages and the information provided by our business partners in order to prevent these situations.