We just got back from a nice family vacation to Cabo San Lucas. We spent 4 nights staying at the Villa La Estancia. This was our first time at this property as the place we usually stay is not for kids. I booked a Ocean View Villa which was upgraded to a two bedroom villa when we arrived. The resort is beautiful, the grounds are well maintained and the pool is very nice. The beach is also very nice but with a young child we did not spend much time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially when I called the concierge to help find our babies brand of formula because we were running low. He made several calls and found it for us.
The room was great, having a washer and dryer was very helpful with a child and being able to store and prepare food was quite helpful. The bed was nice, if a bit soft for my taste. We got a crib for our son and it was a very small crib and a bit cramped for him. I wish they had bigger ones. Bathrooms were good and there was good water pressure which has been a problem at other resorts (we were on the 2nd floor). The balcony was huge and overlooked the pool with a nice view of the ocean.
There were a few areas that lets something to be desired. The day we arrived we ordered room service. The food arrived quickly but was not very good. My wife and I got Beef quesadillas and Beef Nachos. In both the beef they used was very tough and full of fat and grlstle. Neither of us could finish it. They also forgot the hot sauce they said they would bring. We ordered different food a few nights later and it was about the same quality. Eating in the restaurant was different, the food was better. I would stay away from Room service until they get that fixed.
There was construction going on while we were there. I know this comes with the territory and it was just our luck they were working on a unit a couple floors above ours. They would start at 9 and were hammering all day. Not a big deal for my wife and I but an annoyance and it made it hard to get the baby to nap.
Finally a small pet peeve. We had a resort credit from when we booked our trip. When we arrived we were told that we could dine in any of the restaurants that were part of our resort or the two sister resorts on either side of our, but our credit would only apply if we ate at La Estancia. Now why can we sign any meal to our rooms from the resorts on either side but not use the credit we had? Seems like a way to make more money to me, but what ever.
The bottom line:
I would recommend this resort to friends. We will probably stay there on our next trip to Cabo san Lucas. It is convenient to get to town, the views are great, the room was very nice and the pool was good. It is not a party pool or party resort, so if that is your thing then this may not be your resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas