“Beautiful, relaxing resort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlingame, California
“Beautiful, relaxing resort”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family stayed at Villa La Estancia at the end of June. Our room was gorgeous, the food was phenomenal, the service was excellent. Joseu and Gustavo were especially friendly and attentive while my husband and I lounged near the pool. We had had one prior experience with an all inclusive and were hesitant to spring for another, but Villa La Estancia exceeded all expectations. Having access to the sister resorts' restaurants enabled us to enjoy a variety of fine dining. We intend to return and highly recommend this establishment to anyone seeking a relaxing and luxurious all inclusive experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AnnGMikeC
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear. AnnGMikec:

Thank very much for your kind comments, I will extend it to Jossue & Gustavo, We are delighted to know that Villa La Estancia exceeded all expectations, we will be waiting for you in your next visit to Cabo.
See you soon.

Rene Van Balderen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

BEWARE!! The property was very nice, 1 bedroom villa was very nice and spacious. Property was well maintained. I really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the resort. BUT when I checked out, I seen an entirely different side of this hotel. I noticed charges that were not mine and when my husband and I questioned them, Carlos, Jimmy and Luis surrounded us like we were fugitives and refused to call a cab until we settled the $50USD incidentals (which were not ours) and told us "if you want this to get ugly we can do that" WOW! WOW! WOW! I've visited many parts of Mexico, but NEVER experienced this..it was the scariest feeling. When we booked the hotel we were told that we would have full access to all three resorts. When we checked in, we were told we would only have access to La Estancia and the Palmar and we couldn't use any amenities from Villa Del Arco. The timeshare rep's were very pushy and rude. Although I loved the property, I would never stay here again. Safety is #1...all I can say is - I'm glad we made it home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
21 Thank Mary S
Dear. Mary S:

We offer you our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Be sure actions will be taken to prevent and avoid these unfortunate shortcomings.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your next vacations.

texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From the time we got out of the limo the staff was off the chart. Cold beers, instant customer service and a quick and friendly check in. The rooms were spacious and very accommodating. The food was outstanding. Especially the sushi bar.
On our last day one of the ladies in our group misplaced her phone filled with pictures from our trip. From the time we lost it the staff was on top of it. After returning to Texas I made a call back to the hotel. Thinking we would never see the phone again. I was hugely surprised when the front desk called me back to say they had found the phone. Incredible! I can't say enough about this hotel. I'm already planning my next trip back and I guarantee the Villa Estancia will be at the top of my list!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank charles m
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear. charles m:

Was a pleasure to have the opportunity to help you find your cell and good memories.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a fantastic property and I would strongly recommend it. We stayed here from August 6-10, 2013. Our ocean view double room fantastic and the view magnificent. The room service and room cleaning maids were excellent. The restaurant wait staff was a bit slow but not annoyingly so. While the ocean there is reportedly swimmible, the currents are very strong and I would not recommend it for that purpose.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms offer fantastic views!
2 Thank biillb
Dear. Biillb:

We thank you for your valuable comments; I’m going to sharing your experience with our Food & Beverage team.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next vacation.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just came back from a 10 night stay at Villa La Estancia, and let me say the resort pictures do not do it justice ........ Everything was picture perfect, the resort spotless, the staff exceptional, and the rooms were immaculate. We rented a 2 bedroom villa on VRBO from an owner, and the 2,100 square feet of space were way more than enough for 5 of us ( including 3 teens ). The location is probably the best in Cabo and gives you the best of both worlds, far enough from the marina/downtown to have peace and quiet, and close enough to get to the action in a short amount of time. We will definitely be back ........... felt as safe here as we do at home !!

2 Thank BiGdAdDyGrEeK
Dear. BiGdAdDyGrEeK :

We appreciate the time you took to share you experience with others. We thank you for your valuable comments as they assist us in our effort to improve our service. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Castle Pines, Colorado
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We just got back today from a week long stay at Villa La Estancia (VLE). I would first like to say thank you to the staff at this wonderful resort. Our concierge Carlos Efrain was brilliant and made my family and myself feel as though we were family. The staff at La Casona for breakfast and dinner were exceptional. The staff at the pool were excellent as well. Diego, Moises, Daniel and others I apologize for not remembering everyone's name. VLE. I had planned this vacation for my wife's birthday and she says also that this was one of our best vacations. We had brought our two children a 6 y/o boy and 4y/o girl. There was plenty to do and actually we needed another few days to get all we wanted done. Our Villa was amazing the staff that maintained it were wonderful. The resort itself is immaculate. We loved our stay and will definitely return. Thank you VLE for a great vacation. Doug H ... P.S. it was hot but not overwhelming. It was just as hot back home. The beach was swimmable for adults not so much little kids. That's ok.

1 Thank Doug H
Dear. Doug H:

Thank you for sharing this special day with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Villa La Estancia! I will make sure that your team knows your good comments about their work.

Best Regards
Livermore, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although our hotel was nice it didn't quite hit the mark your suppose to have wifi all over the resort but that actually means you have to be 30 feet from office, rooms were adequate but the room staff just waks in no one ever knocked to announce themselves they just open the door. The rest of cabo has turned into a pit everything got very expensive and before we even got home someone from one of the three restaurants had used my credit card all over cabo. I have been to cabo 7 tines and I will not be returning to cabo or anywhere in Mexico for a long long time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank John L
Dear. John L:

We offer you our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please be sure actions will be taken to prevent and avoid these unfortunate shortcomings.
We hope you give us the opportunity to host you once again on your next vacations.