Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Club Cascadas de Baja(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Free Internet
Positano Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Club Cabo Inn(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
1,776 results
All reviewsla parrillathrough vrboswim up bardesert spasister propertiesfull kitchenmedano beachwasher dryerlands endpoolside restaurantpool staffspring breakhuge balconymaster bedroomfamily vacationmeal plangold card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were looking for a resort type place with rooms that provided a kitchen and living space. Villa La Estancia was perfect for our family of four (two younger kids). Besides the penthouse three+ bedroom units, most of the units offered a gated entrance to either a standard hotel type room (i.e. beds and bathroom ) or a 1-bedroom + kitchen/living room. We had booked the latter. It had a beautiful kitchen, washer/dryer, dining area and living room (w/pull out couch). The bedroom was gigantic with a king size bed, and enormous bathroom that included a jacuzzi tub. I think every place is slightly different as I peeked into other units where their decorations were slightly different (e.g. tile counter tops vs marble). I think it depends on how the owner decorates it. So if I stayed here next time, I might end up with a unit that isn't as nicely decorated?? We had L'Occitane amenities in all of the bathrooms, and two nice Villa La Estancia bathrooms. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, pots and pans, and dishware.

This unit had LARGE balcony that contained a patio table, and two lounge chairs. From the balcony you had a beautiful view into the pool and of the Sea of Cortez. You could also Lands End as well.

Guests at VLE were allowed to also use the pool next door at Villa del Palmar, which had a slide in their swimming pool. The resort also had a private beach area. I was able to sit in a nice chair under the umbrella while my 7 and 8 year olds body surfed in the water and played in the sand. There is jet skiing nearby and it seems they have tried to cordoned off the area in the water with rope and buoys for swimming and for traffic flow of the jet skis. You will get the vendors walking by to sell you their "stuff", but they sort of knew not to bother you as the chairs for the property were behind a roped off area.

Going in mid-June is starting to hit their "low season". We didn't experience the scramble for chairs at the pool like some of the other reviews I read. There were lots of people there, but we found chairs, even under umbrellas, at various times of the day. There was plenty of staff for the number of guests that were there. Everyone was courteous and very friendly to everyone I saw that they interacted with. The bellman were very friendly, helpful and courteous, and always had a smile on their faces.

Note that when you "check-in", it's not your typical hotel check-in. Because the property is private ownership of the units, the lobby consists of a few desks/tables with chairs. You don't have the "hub bub" of commotion in the lobby like "hotels".

VLE is definitely a "quieter" property. At the pool, there's a swim up bar at the pool, but I didn't experience any "party-going" scenes during our stay (again, probably because we went in June and not Nov-Apr).

The property is VERY CLEAN. I saw staff cleaning EVERYTHING in sight. Again, I don't know if it's like this all year round, or just on the tail ends of the busy season and they have more time to clean. But the rooms and grounds were immaculate.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants on the property as we typically don't do that at any hotel we stay at. We prefer to eat in the town for most of our dinners. We had gone to Wal-mart (a short cab ride) to stock up on breakfast and lunch during our stay.

We took in a lot of adventures/tours while here, and we probably won't come back for a few years since we "saw" most of Cabo while here for the week. But if we do, I would definitely consider Villa La Estancia again as my home away from home in Cabo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travel1874
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear. travel1874 :

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Villa La Estancia! Your comments are highly appreciated as they assist us in our effort to improve our service. All our staff enjoyed hearing about your lovely stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Cabo.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in room 1101, best location throughout the whole resort. 5 second walk to the pool, 20 second walk to the beach, and the best views of the ocean and lands’ end. Everything was kept immaculate. The employees are friendly and very helpful. I will be recommending this resort to everyone I know. The gym and spa are amazing. The villas are nicely equipped with everything you need and much more. We are already planning out next trip and will definitely be staying at Villa La Estancia.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have gates with easy access to the pools from the patio which makes getting drinks and snacks from the room a breeze.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean C

Dear. Sean C,

We thank you for having choosing Villa La Estancia as the ideal place for your vacations. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your future vacations.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first time in Cabo and I had no complaints. The villa we stayed in in Villa La Estancia was so beautiful; neat, clean, and spacious and the views were unreal. The workers were very generous and always greeting us with a big smile. We had a particularly good waiter: Gustavo. He was so kind and generous and always went above and beyond for us. If I have a chance to in the future, I will certainly return to Villa La Estancia. The concierge desk helps you with everything you want to organize. I recommend this hotel to newly married couples; very romantic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hmi8690
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Awesome awesome time!Excellant place to stay....a little on the high price side, but MORE than worth it. The spa connected is fabulous....all of the staff are super nice and helpful. AWESOME place for a honeymoon on the beach

Room Tip: choosing a room that is close to the pool....and if you're on the 8th floor like we were the view is great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha S
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear. Natasha D:

Thanks you for choosing Villa La Estancia for this especial time. We look forward to welcoming you soon on your next vacations.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked our unit at Villa La Estancia with some reservation. We had not heard mich about it.

From the moment we entered the unit I knew we had made the right choice ! The views from this unit would have been enough even if it had dirt floors.But that was not the case. This unit is absolutely wonderful in every detail, from the nice furnishings to the expansive balcony overlooking the pool and El Arco. This is a place where you truly feel at home and do not mind being inside. The fully stocked kitchen has everything you need to prepare any meal. I honestly feel I cant go back to cabo unless I can stay in this unit, it was that nice. I highly recommend this unit to anyone heading to cabo.Humberto was excellent to deal with and helped with our airport transfers.This place is total relaxation. No music by the pool, no bands, no one trying to get you to play games, just great service from every staff member. I would have liked a bar or something to do at night but we quickly found the sports bar just steps away in the sister resort.The end units are worth every penny !We had a 2 bedroom- 3 bath end unit wow ! If you go, make sure you eat at Mona Lisa's on a cliff overlooking the beach and El Arco, a beautiful and romantic restaurant

Room Tip: Book an end unit its well worth it, Building 1400 was awesome, giant balcony !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple