We stayed here for five nights during spring break with our four children. Our villa was in the north building (1000's), which we loved because it wasn't too hot in the afternoon on the deck. I've heard that in the summer, it's better to be in the south building (3000's) for that reason. I can't say enough good things about the quality of the rooms. Huge, spacious, wonderful deck to hang out on. We didn't rent our villa directly from the hotel, but rented through La Estancia Vacations. They are based out of Florida and are the largest broker of rentals at the property. It is much cheaper to rent through them or directly from an owner on VRBO. I would definitely use La Estancia Vacations again though because they had the largest selection of villas to pick from.
The key is to pick a villa with the smallest fourth number in the room number; those are closest to the beach. For example, ours was 1404. That means we were in the north building (1), fourth floor (4), fourth villa in from the beach (04). There are about nine villas on each floor of the two main buildings.
The pools were excellent, beach was great. The Office and that area was only a 8-10 minute walk down the beach. There is a spa which was top-notch in the sister property next door (Villa del Arco). Incidentally, you can use the pools at the two sister properties (del Arco and del Palmar) but I don't know why you would bc La Estancia is much more peaceful and less crowded than the other two. Del Palmar seemed kind of lame to be honest.
The only knock on the resort is that the poolside restaurant food was only marginal.
Overall we really loved our stay there and will definitely be staying there again the next time our family goes to Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos