Villa La Estancia is an absolutely beautiful resort in a great location on El Madano Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The grounds are immaculate, a setting that might appear in a romantic film about love in paradise. The swimming pools are pristine and the swim-up bar allows vacationers to stay cool while quenching their thirst and chatting with other vacationers. The resort offers the option of hanging around the gorgeous pool area, resting on the beach, working out in the modern gym, or enjoying one of the many hot tubs. The beach is vast, so going for long walks along the sandy shore is another option. Along the way, you may enjoy drinks or food at The Office , the Mango Deck or any of the other restaurants and bars dotting the beautiful tan sandy shoreline of El Madano Beach. You can walk all the way to the Marina and into town if you choose, where you’ll find a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars. Though we walked through town, we spent most of our time at the resort where we joined the meal plan that allowed us to dine at any of the restaurants in the three complexes that compose the Villa Group Resorts: Villa La Estancia, the diamond of the three, Villa Del Arco, and Villa del Palmer. The meal plan is a good deal, if not for drinks alone, and the restaurants provide a wide variety of choices: Italian, sushi/seafood, Mexican, a steakhouse, and poolside grills. Additionally, there are other breakfast and lunch choices throughout the three resorts. However, if you are accustomed to high quality cuisine and consider yourself a “foodie,” you might be disappointed. Some of the meals were good while others--not so much. The service at the Italian restaurant was extremely slow. We sat for nearly 30 minutes before a waitress took our order, me the seafood pasta and my wife a vegetable pizza. The pizza was adequate while the pasta dish was extremely disappointing, especially for a restaurant on the ocean. The open-air steakhouse has excellent ambiance, but the food left much to be desired. For us, the best dining spot was El Faro at Villa del Acro, but it was hit and miss there too. We had two average meals and a great one, though the sushi was consistently good. Nevertheless, all the restaurants are perfectly located for a romantic evening. The best thing about the meal plan is that is offers multiple options if you choose to stay near the resort and you can have drinks throughout all three resorts; there is even a sports bar. The price of the meal plan includes tax and tip, but it seemed as if the servers expected extra. This is a complicated issue because a tip is included, but is it adequate? That is unclear. On the other hand, the entire staff is helpful and courteous, always a pleasure to deal with. A downside is that the resort does not offer a business office and the in-room Internet service is intermittent. I work online and was, on one occasion, forced to go to the lobby to obtain access. Access for the rest of the vacation was intermittent, sometimes fast and sometimes very slow. The one bedroom suite was stayed in was absolutely amazing with multiple amenities including a large balcony that provided a breathtaking view of the sea. We couldn’t have asked for a better location. The Villa La Estancia is a terrific place, one where we plan to return. The staff, the accommodations, and the grounds are truly excellent. The restaurants, though adequate for many, did not live up to a higher standard. However, we are very picky, discerning eaters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos