“Beautiful home away from home - in Mexico” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful home away from home - in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We've traveled a fair amount and were really impressed by this hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom condo that was really big, well furnished, modern and clean. Very nice to have a washer/dryer, kitchen and a beautiful patio looking out over the ocean. The grounds were immaculate and beautiful and the pool area was fantastic. It has beach access, a very nice smaller gym and men's and women's locker rooms with jacuzzis, steam rooms and saunas. You can easily walk downtown or take a short cab ride. The service is just the way we like it - not over the top and not overselling timeshares or drinks at the pool - but courteous and very attentive when asked for something (like a cab or an extra towel). This hotel has even made us more interested in Cabo as a more frequent vacation destination. We will very likely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wilcoxbs
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello Dear. Wilcoxbs:

We are glad is learn that you feel right at home at Villa La Estancia and we are pleased to know that we meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Rene Van Balderen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

For my wedding we stayed here from Feb 27th- March 4th in the 3 bedroom Penthouse 2801.( 15 other villas were booked by wedding guests and family.) We booked through Malcolm and he was very enthusiastic and helpful. 12 of us arrived on the same plane and booked a $20 shuttle to the hotel. The driver, bus and ride were great. At the resort the check-in process seemed quick and the agents were friendly. Once we entered Penthouse 2801 all our jaws dropped at the beauty. The space itself feels like a mansion with a view of paradise. Our cleaning lady Angel was sweet and kept the penthouse clean. The manager Moises truly demonstrated class and professionalism. The pool had a swim up bar, there was plenty of seating even at 12noon, the waitstaff was also friendly. We never ate lunch or dinner bc we preferred to eat the local cuisine but we did eat all our breakfasts at the restaurant by the beach at Villa de Palma. We usually walked from Villa la Estancia and used the beach to cross over to the restaurant, took 30sec. The buffet and al la carte menu was very delicious and fresh. The ocean is cold right now, some people said its warmer in September. We walked on the beach towards town and it took at 15min to get to Mango Deck. The beach is beautifully blue and the sand is semi soft with no shells or pebbles. My mother in law bought us 50min massages at the Dessert Spa at Villa Del Arco. It was the best experience I've ever had at a spa! Seriously! 5 star service! From check-in to the amenities to massage and check out. I counted 3 jacuzzis, steam, sauna, water drop room. It was a perfect spa trip before my wedding day. The van taxis only for tourists cost $6 to downtown and marina. We used the Costco across the highway for food, alcohol and toothpaste etc. it's as big as a football field. Downtown is safe but like anywhere-at night I would always be cautious. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to explore and it seemed that the " party don't get started" til 12am in Cabo.The security at the resort when leaving and coming back to the property was diligent but not over board. The gate man would always ask for our room number then would log it and I saw men walking the property at night.

For our honeymoon we stayed at Casa Dorada for 5 days and regretted each day wishing we were still at Villa La Estancia. (seperate review) Contact Malcolm malcolm@laestanciavacations.com

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JustLiz2
Hello Mrs. LizR82:

Thank very much for sharing your good experience with others. We are so happy to know that your wedding was very special. I will share your comments with our work team, They will be very happy to welcome you on your next visit.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent the week of March 8-15th with another couple in a two bedroom condo, the unit was excellent and the view was amazing. Rooms were spacious and well planned out, we ate many a meal on the deck and watched the activity outside and on the ocean.

the pool area was never crowded, we were always able to get a seat when we wanted one, although my wife was given a warning for saving my chair when I was sitting in the shade for awhile a few seats over, thought that was strange considering the lady who spoke with my wife was always setting out towels and saving seats for other guests.

we dined one night at the restaurant, food was very good, service was spot on and never were rushed or felt that we needed anything, we were looked after as good as we have ever been in a restaurant

glad we were staying here and not next door, that property was crawling with spring break kids and we witnessed the results of too much sunshine and booze on more than one occasion

Ernesto is to be recommended for employee of the month, we did not have correct change for a cab one day, he paid the cab and told us to settle up with him when we had smaller bills, he was always looking out for us and we appreciated everything he did

went to the spa twice, had a great 80 minute massage and a steam, although the steam room is hotter than any other steam room that I have ever been in

overall it was one of the best beach holidays we have ever taken and this resort will now be our go to place for a beach holiday

keep up the great work and thanks for everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Mr. Daniel S:

We appreciate the time you took to share you experience with others. We offer you our sincere apologies for the inconvenient you encountered during your stay, March is one of the busiest months for us, and our team tries to give the best service to our entire guest. Do believe your remarks will not go unnoticed. We hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to change this past experience.

Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is our place to stay during Spring Break. We have stayed in the place in 2012 and 2013 and loved it. The place is exclusive, the personnel is very friendly. The only recommendation is that you check the availablity of wireless access if you need it. Some apartments have their own wireless access, but the common access is only from the lobby and pool area. If you can live without wireless access, that is fine, but my kids and myself spent lots of time in the lobby due to this. My vacation is not work, but I need to be able to read newspapers online and if I do not have access to that, it is not good enough for me. As said, this might not apply to all. We will be returning to this place, no question about it. The hotel is very close to downtown, but you really have to use a taxi and it is around $10 US one way, which is not bad at all. The taxi service works perfectly.

Room Tip: Ask whether the room will have morning sun or evening... and ask if there is access to wireless acce...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DrSalonen
Thanks very Much Dr. Salonen:

Your comments are highly appreciated as they assist us in our effort to improve our service. We are working on improving the Wi-Fi connections and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your next vacations.

Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife, myself, and our son went down for Thanksgiving weekend. My wife travels a lot and said this was her favorite place to stay from England to Australia! We went with an ocean view room and the all-inclusive package. View was fantastic and the food was exceptional. Loved the ability to use the other hotels restaurants. Service was impeccable from the maid service to the front desk and restaurants. Our favorite restaurant was right at Villa La Estancia for dinner. The guys were so nice, even setting up a place for our son to sleep after he passed out from too much swimming in the pool before dinner. We are saving our money now and already are planning to go back this fall.

Room Tip: Bumping up to the ocean view was well worth it! Read past reviews about the verandas being shared w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjzfamily
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We thank you for choose Villa La Estancia and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you soon,Best Regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our familys second springbreak in Villa La estancia. There is something magical about this place, as soon as you arrive to your villa it just feels home. The personel is superfriendly, they remember your name and make you feel like part of the family. If you need to know all the nice local restaurants, they will happily give you information about their own experiences and have never been wrong. The layout of the hotel is fantastic, you are never far from the pools or beach and the sunsets are beautiful if you sit in one of the hottubs by the pool. The Villas itself are spacious and beautiful, not to mention the huge balcony they all have. I think Villa Estancia is best either for adults or families with teenage or older children. i am originally fron Europe even though i live now in States and have travelled heavily around the world and i can say there are not that many places in this world where you need to return every year, for me though Villa La Estancia is that place.

Room Tip: Choose a room from 5 th floor or up from the side of Villa Del Arco to get the best morningsun. Reme...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Miami57
We thank you for your kind review, Villa La Estancia is your Home, will be a pleasure to host you for the third time in a near future.

Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Apologies for the lateness of this review. We (wife, three boys [17, 14, and 11], and my Mom [75 and mobility impaired (wheelchair)] went back to Villa La Estancia for Thanksgiving 2012, having been there for the first time for Thanksgiving in 2011. We again booked the condo (3101) through Malcolm and Vicki at La Estancia Vacations, and they were once again on top of everything and helpful in every way. So easy, honest, and willing to do everything necessary to make sure the vacation was successful. I would not hesitate to recommend them if you are looking for a condo at La Estancia.

My earlier review of this property pretty much is still applicable. There were some changes that I will note, but the overall experience was the same. Relaxing, relaxing, relaxing. I again cannot say enough about the amazing location of Villa 3101. If you are looking for an ocean front three bedroom condo on the ground floor only steps from the pool and the beach, this is it. Be aware that the ocean front condos are not cheap (I could not afford it without my Mom, God bless her), but if your pocketbook can handle it, try it out.

Some of the minor wear and tear issues from 2011 were fixed (Thank you!), but the Villa is still showing some age and wear and tear that the owners should think about working on - again at the price paid, near perfection should be the goal. But I get it - you are paying for the size, location and view - so the still minor issues are merely fleeting thoughts. Once you look out at the ocean, Lands End, the landscaping, the pool, those minor issues disappear.

The service was great. All staff, from house keeping to the wait staff to front desk were friendly and helpful. Some of the restaurants had changed from the prior year, but all food everywhere we ate at the resort (and at the neighboring Arco and Palmar) was very good in my opinion, though I will admit I am not a very picky eater and my view may be skewed by the fact that I was not paying for any of it, so you may want to weigh the reviews of others more heavily on the food side.

As compared to the year prior, there seemed to be a lot more families and more people generally, maybe due to the better economy. Despite the increase, the resort remained relaxing and quiet and remarkably, all children were well behaved. Due I believe to the wet weather Cabo had in the prior months, we noticed quite a few more bugs than last year, including huge bird-size moths (slight exaggeration, but they were big) that loved to hang out in and around the condo.

If a quiet, relaxing, upscale condo experience is what you are looking for, Villa La Estancia is an excellent choice, and I think most of the other recent reviews reflect that.

The hotel staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask Malcolm and Vicki at La Estancia Vacations to help you choose the best room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ColoTravelingMan
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our restaurants! We treat all of our guests at Villa La Estancia like royalty and I’m delighted we exceeded your expectations in every way.

Our Team here looks forward to having you back in the not too distant future!