I have a 10/31 fiscal year end and this year it was especially brutal. So, I decided for a post-10/31 R&R trip and booked a few days at Villa La Estancia. I didn't get there until evening, so I didn't get a chance to see what it really looked like. The room they gave me was at the back end of the property -- near the lobby -- and didn't appear to have that great of views. I had trouble with my entrance door -- it wouldn't accept the magnetic key even after changing it several times, so they relocated me to a different room. Had I stayed in the 1st room, I think my experience would've been a bit different. But the new room was toward the front of the hotel with amazing ocean views. I was in just a hotel room type accommodation -- not a full villa with kitchen, etc. -- but I just loved it. From the moment you get to your unit -- with the iron entry gate and vestibule -- to the jacuzzi tub and large balcony, it just makes you feel so good! As many others have said, it's very quiet here, so if your idea of a fun time in Mexico is Tequila shots at the pool bar, then this isn't the place. It's actually not really a hotel, but a private villa residence. However, many of the owners rent out their units when they are not there and the property is managed like a hotel -- concierge, several restaurants, daily maid service, etc. The larger villas looked amazing -- with really huge balconies -- most with wet bars and barbeques -- so you could really settle in and feel at home here vs. being just at a hotel. All of the people I encountered who work there were very nice and helpful. Several people have mentioned that the food there was expensive -- I guess relative to what you usually pay in Mexico, maybe. But as compared to what I pay in the U.S., I thought it was reasonable. And normally when I'm in Mexico, even when I'm at a nice restaurant, the food is generally very sub-standard -- shoe leather meat, etc. -- but everything I had a VLE was great. And to top off everything, their spa was fabulous! Very big, spacious facility with several rain/massage showers, hot/warm/cool jacuzzi pools, etc. and they must've had about 20-30 treatment rooms -- so you'd probably never have a problem getting an appointment. At any rate, I loved this place and would definitely go back. In fact, I'm thinking of making it an annual post 10/31 plan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos