“Huge rooms with resort amenities”

Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

These privately owned condos are a much better choice than renting a time share. No one bothered us at all (except at the airport upon arrival...?!) and the location and amenities were great. There are lots and lots of units to choose from so take your time and look through the VRBO website. There are 3 buildings to choose from, with all rooms having some kind of ocean view. Rooms closer to the ocean can be a lot more and they would be in buildings 1 and 3, so if thats what youre looking for, look for listings that start with 1 or 3 at the start of their four-digit number. The second number designates the floor, and the 3rd and 4th represent the room number. Would go back here in a heartbeat given the opportunity!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bonnie Q

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Last March we stayed at Villa La Estancia for Spring Break. We are family of four and it was perfect having two bedrooms and three bathrooms. This was our third stay at La Estancia, but our first time booking through Malcolm at laestanciavacations.com. And Malcolm was such a huge help that we have booked the week after Christmas and Spring Break 2013 through Malcolm as well. What I love about Malcolm is how patient he is and how much information he provides about every villa. I never know if I want building 1 which has great views of Lands End or building 3 which gets the morning sun. Several of the villas have been updated or are in the process of being updated and Malcom helped me choose a villa with the decor I was looking for. Malcolm always responds quickly and never makes me feel like I'm bothering him with all of my questions. Last Spring Break we traveled with four other families and they all booked with Malcolm as well. And I can't say enough about the resort. We have never had bad service and the employees are always helpful and friendly. Villa La Estancia is all about the location.. you can swim in the water in front of the resort and walk to restaurants. We didn't do the all inclusive dining option at the resort because there are so many great restaurants to choose from in Cabo. We have even caught our own fish and taken them in town to a restaurant where they prepared them for us, along with side dishes. We have found the people in Cabo to be gracious and friendly. We are looking froward to returning to one our favorite places!

Room Tip: Rooms in building one have a view of Lands End. Rooms in building 3 have a view of the water and ge...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sawalt
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Cabo (or even Mexico for that matter) so had no idea what to expect. Our family of five stayed for a week and could not fault the place at all. We had the all-inclusive dining option which made life very easy for the week. Our two-bedroom villa was fully self-contained so I assume self-catering would be no issue at all for those who wanted to go that way. All bars and restaurants were included so we were never second-guessing whether we would be hit with a bill at the end of the trip. Their accounting system seemed unnecessarily bureaucratic; with kids falling asleep at the table, we didn't want to wait around to sign for something that we weren't paying for anyway.

The standard of maintenance was outstanding and the staff's attentive service never faltered. The only exception was next door at Villa del Arco; always slow and disorganised. The buffet was nice but whatever you couldn't get yourself (drinks, cutlery, etc) took forever.

The rooms were immaculate and the resort was in great condition. The benefit of staying here is that you can access all three of the Villa resorts but those staying in the more party-friendly Villa del Palmar couldn't access VLE. This meant we had a quiet pool and a very family-friendly environment.

The location was a little out of town. This could be resolved with a USD7.00 taxi without too much drama. We generally stayed in the resort though, so not a real issue.

I wouldn't hesitate going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank VH-MJB
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I loved this hotel. It was very clean and beautiful. The staff were wonderful as well. Breakfast excellent.. Nice and quiet at night. Easy to take the local bus to the Marina instead of a cab. This hotel is not for loud partyiers. It is best for people that want a serine relaxing experience. I was very impressed and we will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luccidream
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On a recommendation from friends we booked our Cabo trip through Malcolm at La Estancia Vacations... laestanciavacations.com. While I am sure there are many wonderful resorts in Cabo, Villa La Estancia exceeded all of our expectations. Malcolm made this adventure so easy. The folks at La Estancia Vacations took out all the guess work, attended to every single need and question that we had!! Malcolm made us feel like family and that he couldnt wait to have us visit. Malcolm arranged for a suburban to pick us up at the airport which made things so much easier (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS IDEA). We booked a large Villa on the end and WOW was it unbelievable!! Spacious living dining and kitchen, huge jacuzzi on the patio, huge bedrooms with private balconys, etc. We have a family of 6 and I was concerned we would be living on top of each other for a week... that was NOT the case. This Villa could have easily slept 8, but the outdoor space was unreal... bigger than my first house. It had a full grilling / kitchen area on the patio, a 10 person Jacuzzi, spectacular unobstructed views of the ocean and the pool. Our kids could hang at the pool or the hot tub or the beach and we could sit and watch it all from the comfort of the lounge chairs on our balcony. The living / kitchen / dining area was huge and clean and extremely nice. We have stayed at five star hotels throughout the world and these accomodations rate right up there with the best.

As for Cabo itself... we loved the hospitatlity of everyone we encountered. My previous experince in Mexico was in Cancun and it was quite different... everywhere you went you felt like every one was trying to rip you off - and often times they did. Therefore, I was very skeptical. But in Cabo, everyone we encountered was very genuine and treated you like they really wanted you to come back. Our family was very humbled by the poor living conditions and equally inspired by their amazing generosity and hospitatlity.

We did a half day four wheeler ATV tour, which turned out to be everyones favorite experince... riding through the Baja desert and then along the beach of the Pacific Ocean was spectacular!!

My wife and I are planning to return, without the kids, this Winter and we cant wait!!

Room Tip: While all rooms have ocean views - request 'Ocean Front'... a little more but well worht it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank matt g
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This property is beautiful and well cared for. The view is exceptional; we spent a lot of time haning out on the patio just watching the ocean, boats and activities. Our villa was spotless; and the room service staff were friendly and worked their butts off, as did all the property staff. The service is outstanding; at the pool, in the room, at the beach, the restaurants, etc. They gladly made reservations for us for dining and activites.

I will say that, like everything Cabo, it's a bit expensive. We'd probably rent a car the next time we came, as it's a $7-10 taxi ride anywhere.

Also, we do like to cook, and the kitchen could have been better equipt. Other than that...it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Do your research. The prices vary a lot, since they are privately owned villas. Also, consider bui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visted Cabo in 2010 and stayed at Villa Del Arco.. which I loved.. at that time, it was a once in a lifetime trip and I vowed that if I ever went back to Cabo, that was were I wanted to stay!! An opportunity arose this year and I found myself heading south of the border to Cabo during the first week of July 2012. I searched,and combed the website for a room at Arco.. they did not have available what I needed at this time.... I was very sad..., then, with more persistant web searching..., I found Bob Easton of Destination Cabo.... my prayers were answered.... He had the connections, and delivered on my lodging requests how I wanted them. I have to tell you, what he was able to arrange for me exceeded my expectations and I forgot all about Villa Del Arco!

Bob provided many options and I decided to go with unit 1208 at Villa La Estancia. I was hesitant at first, as I was a die-hard Villa Del Arco fan...I am SOOO glad I did! It was an incredible unit.. more than what Arco could ever have provided.. and keep in mind since I was a past guest at Arco.. I could compare the two! Here is what I found to be so much more value: 1) Bigger KITCHEN with upgraded appliances and it was stocked to the hilt - pretty much anything I needed was there including spices.. that was nice !! 2) The unit was furnished so comfortably.. I felt very much at home... DVD player.. Ipod player....oh yes.. and the beds.. they were actually wonderful. When I stayed at Arco... the beds were like sleeping on boards.. very very hard.. . These beds in this unit were AWESOME!! I slept great! Oh yes... there was also 2 safes in the unit which was great pecae of mind and... they had coolers you could use for the beach.. just all kinds of little extras that are nice to have and useful that you can't take with you on a plane. 3) I loved and so apprecited the fact that there was FREE long distance to the states - it came in so handy as my cellphone... even with Mexico service, was useless.... having that phone service in the condo was priceless as I was able to stay in touch with my 77 year old mother who is a huge worry wort. Having that phone line kept her mind at ease as she was able to call me too!! 4) Oh yes.. and this unit had a COMPUTER in it which was also GREAT - I did not have to lug my laptop to stay on top of my business at home... at Arco you have to pay a daily fee for wi-fi. 5) We utilized the built in BBQ grill as well that was on our beautifully furnished gi-normous patio! Being on the ground floor it was very easy access from the patio to the pool and beach. I love love loved my visit at Estancia, and will be calling Bob Easton again, and will request unit 1208. I am known to be a Diva when it comes to how picky I am with lodging.. and 1208 was perfect (washer and dryer in the unit, Huge Jacuzzi tub in Master Bath, Dishwasher etc...) and had way more than I expected... THANK YOU BOB!! You will be hearing from me again soon! I HIGHLY recommend using Bob as your resource for your next vaction... and staying at Villa La Estancia... you will not be dissapointed!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business