Just got back from our Cabo trip and stayed at La Estancia after booking thru VRBO.Booking process went without a hitch and Humberto the manager called us here in Australia to verify details and answer our questions. The property was beautifully maintained, fantastic pool, numerous hot tubs, staff bent over backwards to make our stay effortless, there was a great gym lovely spa facilities,and various restaurants. We booked room 1401 and our friends booked 1201, identical rooms ocean front on the corner in building 1. Great rooms all day sun on the balcony and uninterrupted views of lands end and the beach. Room 1401 had a larger balcony, but other than that they were identical. king size bed dvd and tv in room [although i thought there would be a flat screen tv not the outdated model provided. There was satellite tv but stations limited in English. Rooms had air conditioning coffee maker, fridge and some complimentary drinks, beer, vodka sprite coke. The water in Cabo is safe to drink, my husband and I only drank the tap water and it was fine, we did not get sick. I had researched this prior to our trip.
The hotel had an inclusive package for food which was $89 US dollars per day per person, which we did not take up.There is a small cafe in the front of the hotel where you can buy breakfast and coffees etc which is cheaper than the hotel. There are beach restaurants 5 mins walk down towards town and we loved sitting looking out at the ocean. The cost for 2 of us there was about $15, and that included hot breakfast, drinks fruit and toast, so good value. We ate once at the hotel next door which is part of Estancia (you can use their facilities and also the facilities of the other hotel on the other side) but a buffet breakfast there was $55 which was too expensive. There is a small general store at the front of the hotel which is pretty pricey.
We ate at the pool restaurant for lunch each day which was not too bad...roughly $18 for us both with drinks and really nice food.
At night plenty of restaurants in town to pick from, and the food was great, places very clean and people really friendly. We loved it.
There are beach sellers on the Medano beach, which i loved, and they were never pushy and very friendly. If you said no gracias they moved on and did not persist.
The hotel is about 20-30 minute walk to town,either along the beach or the road, but when we were there it was so hot even at 830 in the morning, that a walk into town was uncomfortable so we just caught cabs which the staff called for us and came to the door to pick us up. You can walk down to the road and there are heaps waiting for you there, and the cost is a standard 70 pesos (7 dollars) There is also a local bus which costs 10 pesos and this goes vial Walmart then to town.
Walmart is within walking distance if you are keen, but we caught the bus...too hot. You can pick up snacks and drinks there, and also there is a small plaza there and a couple of banks.
All in all a lovely place to stay, a little bit out of town, but walkable if you don't mind some exercise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos