The rooms and suites in this property are really outstanding. My wife and I spent five nights here in early March to attend the wedding my famous horse trainer/radio star, Jude Feld. From check-in to our departure everything was smooth, highly professional, and very well done.
Our room, a two bedroom suite (3404) had a view to die for off its' 30 foot balcony. Said balcony, with two lounge chairs, a table for six, a wet bat and two different cocktail tables was as nice as any 5 star property in the world. The three sets of sliding glass doors all had screens which allowed you to turn off the air at night to listen to the sounds of the sea. A true pleasure for those of us not lucky enough to live at the beach. The suite itself had a kitchen complete with everything you could want in terms of equipment, a great two door sub zero refrigerator, a washer and dryer, and more glasses, plates silverware etc. you could ever use. The cleaning staff was there several times a day, were greatly efficient, and left the room totally clean and perfectly maintained.
I had two maintainence issues during my stay. One was an beeping alarm that turned out to be because the dish washer door was not closed all the way and a more serious one when the shower in the master bath would not turn off. A staff member was there in one or two minutes each time to sort out the problem and make the needed repairs. It was very impressive. One fix required a plumber, the other a push on the dishwasher door and a smile. Very professional!!!
Villa La Estancia, one of three Villa properties all grouped together, is by far the most up- scale of the three. It is far quieter, has far less "family type guests" and is by far the best of the three, especially if you are looking for a peaceful rest from action of other properties in Cabo. A guest at the Estancia can easily go to either of the other two Villa properties and enjoy their pools etc. if the quietude is getting to them. For us, it was a total Oasis of calm.
A cab ride to town(less than $10.00(USD) takes five minutes. There is also a water taxi'(which requires you to wade out to it off the beach). You can walk to town both on the beach and more easily on the streets. It is a nice 25 minute walk either way. We took the street walk every day returning on foot, by cab, by water taxi or back on the street. It was safe, enjoyable and a good walk. We even got to know several of the merchants along the way who were fun and pleasent.
The F&B at Estancia is not as good as everything else in the hotel. There are two restaurants. One for breakfast and lunch and one for dinner. Both are very expensive and have Ok but not great service or quality. Both are seriously overpriced ($35.00 per person for a regular type breakfast with coffee); and (lunch prices of about $20 per sandwich for a normal ham and cheese or similar type sandwich. The other two Villa properties have more options, better pricing, and best yet, have a deli that serves food, coffee and drinks all day long at normal type prices. It is next door to to their own market which sells all types of food, beer, soft drinks, and even liquior and mixers. I found the market prices to be almost the same as Wall Mart two miles away. The market is a great place for an anytime meal or snack and you might find most of your neighbors there at one time or another during the day. The deli also has an internet cafe with prices about $5.00 for thirty minutes of internet time. A great wy to check for e-mail and on line stuff without the necessity of hauling your computer to Cabo.
This an exceptional property. I just retired from thirty years as buyer of hotel space at top resorts around the world for a tour operator. I have not really been a non-working visitor at any resort during that time. As someone who paid to stay at this resort, I totally feel I got great value. In otherwords, I was a very happy client. The F&B issues stated above notwithstanding, this property is right up there with all the Ritz Carltons, Four Seasons, and other five stars almost anywhere in the world. Great management!! Great physical plant and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos