“Fantastic restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Mariscadas

Las Mariscadas
Ranked #34 of 500 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, California
“Fantastic restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding food, casual atmosphere, very kid friendly, very reasonable prices - all in all a great place. It's a little hard to find (we were about to give up looking for it when we stumbled upon it), but that's about the only negative I can think of. I'd definitely recommend it!

Oregon
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We visited Las Mariscadas after an 8 hour fishing trip and absolutely adored it!! My friends ordered the shrimp ceviche and my fiance and I ordered the crab cakes as appetizers. The ceviche was fresh, light and delicious with just the right amount of lime and spice. I personally didn't like the crab cakes but they were unlike any crab cake I'd ever had. I'm a very big texture person and they were just really soft with no contrasting textures and they put the creamy mango sauce in them as opposed to on the side. As for our mains: my friends ordered the seafood platter and absolutely raved about it. I ordered the coconut shrimp and received a huge portion piled atop a pineapple round with a delicious creamy mango sauce. My fiance ordered the whole red snapper which was the fish of the day. It came out open faced with an herby, butter cream sauce that highlighted the delicate flavor as opposed to covering it up. Everyone at the table agreed it was the best plate on the table. Just a note on the fish of the day - if you order this and they ask if you want the small portion or the large, I highly recommend the small portion which was enourmous - about a 10 to 12 inch fish. The service was excellent, very prompt and courteous staff. The atmosphere was nice, very quiet and off the beaten path of Cabo.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ORgirl21
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed myself here. A great place to indulge without splurging. The little flashlight to read the menu was great and the food was perfect. I will definitely be going back here.

1 Thank ChelseaBourque
Kenwood, California
“Great for Big Group or Small”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have now gone twice to Las Mariscadas while in Cabo this time. The first time was with a large group of 16 people. I had worked out ahead of time with the owner, Jose Valgri, who was really great in arranging things, very prompt with responses, and extremely personable. The second time, it was just my wife and myself. On both occasions we ordered the seafood platter for two with lobster. The portion is huge and includes wonderful fresh sea bass, shrimp, coconut shrimp, crab, octopus, and lobster along with rice and veggies. All of the seafood is very fresh. For appetizers we have tried the ceviche, sashimi, and crab cakes, all of which were again very well prepared. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere but is more quiet than other places with blaring music or in noisy locations. Everyone in our large group said it was one of the best meals they had, and the service was attentive without being intrusive. Definitely a place we will be going back to every time we are in Cabo.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Rob C
OKC
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place. The ceviche is amazing and the whole fish was one of the best I've had. We really enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere and little flashlights used to read the menu at night.