“The Whole Snapper!”
Review of Mariscos Mazatlan

Mariscos Mazatlan
Ranked #111 of 627 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Having as seafood cuisine influences the state of Sinaloa, we reached the state of Baja California Sur, with the vision of opening the best seafood restaurant in the area. Offering excellent service and also an exquisite variety of seafood, prepared with dedication and Sinaloa seasoning to the delight of our friends and customers.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Many places in Cabo offer a whole snapper, but few are as tasty and well done as Mariscos Mazatlan. The restaurant is a few blocks away form the main street and the mall and worth the walk.

The restaurant is a large open space and is pretty kid friendly. They do not have a kids menu (that i recall), but they have food that many will eat (mine sure did)

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Rice is hard and not good. Platters that came with rice don't come with beans.

Shrimp is decent but on the small side. Not worth the 200 pesos. Kinda wish they came peeled with the shell still on the tail end. Had to work pretty hard to peel my food.

Stuffed fish filet had poor tasting and chewy octopus

I drenched all the food in sauce to get by.

Place is pretty empty at 7:30 on a Friday. Steer clear folks. I give harsher reviews here vs. Yelp because of all the ridiculous tourist ratings here.

2  Thank Phil F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The concierge at ME Cabo recommended this as a good locals restaurant. It turned out to be a good recommendation. We had red snapper that was grilled over fire. It was sold by the kilo but turned out to be really reasonable and excellent. Not far from the Marina and Mall. Good choice!

2  Thank ncst8fan
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Marisco's Mazatlan was recommended by two different local staff at our hotel, Grand Solmar. We were so pleased with our fresh seafood meal, that we will definitely be back. I had a shrimp meal, which was offered with a number of preparations. They let us split, so I chose Imperial Shrimp and Butterflied Shrimp. I highly recommend both. Imperial Shrimp was recommended to us - large shrimp filled with cheese, wrapped in bacon and put on the grill. Yummy! Butterflied grilled shrimp was delicious also. Tip: If you're coming from Solmar properties, take the P*Paraiso bus for $1.15, then walk a couple of blocks and you're there.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Look, this place doesn't get the rating it deserves. This is the best seafood restaurant in cabo. Very popular with locals and a little off the beaten path but so worth it. The fish is unreal good. Lobster is fantastic. They have the very best margaritas that I have ever had. Spent 4 nights in cabo and ate there every night! This was not my first time in cabo and in fact I go a lot. I've rate at several places but this is really the only place that keeps me coming back. Price is fair and the food and drinks are fantastic. Service is always very good. I always ask for Nacho to be my server. He is the best.

1  Thank fattyfattyfatty