“Can't be beat!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: El Farallon is a Los Cabos restaurant tucked into the cliffs of The Resort at Pedregal that resembles a coastal seafood shop that has survived its share of storms. El Farallon invites guests to gather with friends to enjoy Cabo San Lucas fine dining and a casual atmosphere accentuated by the evening sunset above crashing ocean waves.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Who cares what the food tastes like when you are dining seaside watching the waves crash around you and basking in the glow of a glorious sunset!? Good thing you don't have to choose here.

Incredible food and beautiful wine matches the surroundings. Service is excellent and the experience can not be matched. We ate here every night we stayed at Capella. And didn't think twice about it!

I also ordered a case of the wine we drank while there when I got home. It was SO GOOD.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just the breath taking drive to this resturant that is tucked on a mountain cliff is an expierence. You drive through a mountain that has light sconces flanking both sides of the moutain! You are escorted to your destianation as you hear the roaring waves crashing on the sea side. Laterns light your path as you journey to your table.
This was really a great dining experience, the food was fresh and superbly prepared. They had a great jazz trio that was playing that night. I am glad we chose to spend our last night in Cabo at this place, it really sealed our memories of a fantastic trip! Our waiter asked if we were celebrating something special and my husband told him it was our 28th wedding anniversay. They did not disapoint with a wonderful choclate desert.
We will be back again and again!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our first time to this resort and restaurant. The views are spectacular, we not only had a beautiful sunset but also a October full moon! The experience from beginning to end was wonderful. We all enjoyed our meals and will definitely return on our next vacation.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

this was our final dinner for our last night of our honeymoon and el farallon was definitely one of our most memorable meals that we've had! The views and setting are simply awesome. The seafood was cooked so well and simply prepared. As others have noted the only menu you are given is a cocktail/wine list, and you walk up to the chefs to view the fresh fish and make your order. The seafood soup starter had such an amazing broth. Our meals came with soup for each of us, a trio appetizer to share (fried calamari, sea bass ceviche, and a salad) and you also get a choice of two sides with your fish/entree choice. So even though the meal is expensive, you get a lot of food and all of it is very high quality. I think our favorite was the sea bass ceviche...so delicious. Do yourself a favor and book this restaurant, preferably for your final meal out, it is a great way to end a trip. Beware though wine list was expensive and our meal was right at $200 for two. If you have a lower budget though just lay off the drinks and wine and like I said a lot of food is included with the price of the entree (soup, apps and sides).
The only disappointment i did have is that they knew it was our honeymoon (our hotel told them with our reservation) and we weren't given one of the seats right on the water. I was surprised by this as they even greeted us with a congratulations and talked about our honeymoon. I asked our waiter before we were served apps to move us and they were able to eventually move us to one of the tables on the water as we ate our entrees (but keep in mind our whole dinner was 2 hours so it did take awhile). I just found it to be a little weird that they didn't hook us up with one of their good tables for such a special occasion (that they knew about). But they were very accommodating and did eventually get us to one. I would highly suggest asking for a table on the water when you make your reservation to prevent any issue like we had. You get a much better view of the ocean and even can occasionally feel a little of the fine mist from the waves crashing on the rocks. They also threw in a complimentary dessert which I thought was very nice of them.

1  Thank brooksdj7
Reviewed October 16, 2013

What a great dinner experience.. one of the best restaurants in Cabo. Service was excenllent perfect great staff the pamper me and my wife to the Max. Great views, Food was like no other..
Only Negative a bit expensive.