“A Pleasant Evening”
Review of La Fonda - CLOSED

La Fonda
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: I don't know if this restaurant has its own website so I've provided a link to a Los Cabos restaurant guide (this is how we decided to give it a try, after a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel).
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been many times to La Fonda. The food and service is consistently respectable. The ambience is nice and you can hear yourself speak.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I went to La Fonda twice on our one week stay in Cabo. The first time I had the Steak which was way overpriced and way too large. Bigger is not better. USDA Prime it was not. My wife had the Chicken. It was ok, and we enjoyed that meal. Our second visit was our last meal in Cabo as we were flying home the next morning. My wife wanted the shrimp and asked if it was fresh and the waiter assured us that it was fresh shrimp. When our meals arrived she gave me one of her shrimp and I ate it thinking this does not taste like fresh shrimp, it had that texture you get when shrimp are frozen. Believe me when I tell you this as I myself work in the food service industry and do know the difference. Long story short my wife spent the last part of our holiday Throwing up many times and we nearly missed our plane back home.I had a mild case of nausea and woke up in the bed in a pool of sweat.(I was Lucky) We had originally planned to spend our last morning buying gifts and taking a last walk on the beach. Instead I had to watch my Wife in a Terrible state and I had to pack everything for her and we both had a terrible ending to a lovely holiday. All because someone in the kitchen does not know how to thaw out frozen shrimp the right way. Cabo San Lucas is a nice place and we will go back. We will not However, eat the shrimp...

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a very quaint little Mexican restaurant. The food was very good and fresh. It is a small place and not sure they were ready for our party of 10 plus they had a party of 20 who had just sat down. The food took very long to come out. I had chicken enchiladas and they were good. They don't serve fajitas which is strange but oh well. The tortilla soup was awesome! The guacamole was very fresh. The queso was strange just melted cheese...but tasted good. I recommend the food just be prepared you may have to wait a while for it to come out.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We have gone to LaFonda each time that we have visited Cabo San Lucas. It has been and continues to be one of our favorite restaurants. I highly recommend it to any visitor to Cabo. While there, order the ceviche... the best!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I don’t know if the extreme noise was due to the increased space, the loudness of the other customers, or the large number of tables in the main dining room. But I could not hear my waiter from across the table. I think that removing the wall between the two inside dining rooms was a mistake. The large dining room is impersonal and generic.

The Cream of Poblano soup was flavored perfectly, but it could have been warmed up a bit. The Chile Rellenos Dorita stuffed with plantain were excellent and among the best chile rellenos anywhere. The side dishes of beans & rice tasted like any generic Mexican restaurant in the US.

The food was A-, the atmosphere/ambiance was D+, and the wait staff was B+.

I don’t know if I’ll go back. If I do, I’ll sit outside.