“Authentic food”
Review of La Fonda - CLOSED

La Fonda
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: I don't know if this restaurant has its own website so I've provided a link to a Los Cabos restaurant guide (this is how we decided to give it a try, after a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel).
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We tried the grasshoppers just to say we did. The food was very authentic and not what you expect. It was very quaint and fun to go to.. It is supposedly the grandmothers original recipes..

1  Thank Cheryl L

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a lovely upscale restaurant that is still reasonably priced. The braised pork shanks are something you don't want to miss.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were expecting a great meal and were not disappointed, very well prepared authentic Mexican food. Drinks were excellent, service friendly and attentive. This will always be a favorite

Reviewed February 18, 2013

this was the best meal I have had in Cabo, and according to my 93 year grand mother, "it was the best I have had in mexico in all my years of traveling".

the food was delicious, (obviously) and I ate about a pound of steak. also, the staff were friendly, it was well decorated, and attractive.

Jack

Four of us had dinner at La Fonda; 93 year old grandmother, 11 year old grandson, and middle aged parents. The restaurant has none of the tourist feel of places closer to downtown. The food was authentically Mexican, and so was the ambiance. We had ceviche and camarones diablo as appetizers; we then cheerfully worked our way through four of the generously sized main courses: sea bass filet stuffed with shrimp and pumpkin blossoms; kebabs of beef, bacon and chorizo, chicken breast stuffed with huitlacoche; and braised pigs feet. We were far too full to try any of the wonderful looking postres.

If you're eating out in Cabo San Lucas this is a place not to miss.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

La Fonda far exceeded expectations for us. A quaint spot with a very comfortable atmosphere and a friendly staff. Our meals were both outstanding. I ordered our waiters favorite - he was right! Pork shank in a spiced plum sauce that was a flavor fiesta (sorry - had to do it). My wife had the Stuffed Sea Bass which featured two different sauces. Presentation was outstanding (see photos). Shared an appetizer of eggplant and cheese as well as a wonderful desser. Highly recommend La Fonda.