“We Love It Here!!!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is our second year coming and we'll be returning for many years to come. We love everything about the experience of staying here. The awesome people you meet... the beautiful suites...the most prideful and attentive staff in the world...and the views are just a few of the things that make Grand Solmar the AMAZING place that it is. My wife and I highly recommend that you stay here if you ever visit Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!!!

P.S.

A special mention to Roberto Martinez Aguilar!!! We have never met a more kind soul who takes great care of us when we come to Cabo...Thanks for everything Roberto!!! To the leadership of Grand Solmar, it's employees like Roberto that allow you to deliver a world class customer experience. Make sure you develop his talent for increased responsibilities!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony W
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Anthony

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments, it was a pleasure to welcome you back for a second year in a row; I will definetly share with all our ambassadors of service your kind words about Roberto, an extraordinary example of what the lands end experience is about.

Sicnerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,204)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at the Grand Solmar Land's End from 7/5/15 -7/12/14. First, let me say, I have yet to stay in a Hotel/Timeshare that is perfect. With that being said I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the GS. I won't focus on the few inconsistencies with service I received, but, focus on a very well trained staff who made my stay most enjoyable. The resort is very well maintained and fairly new. Attention to detail is evident at Reception Desk, Pool Side Service, Housekeeping, Bellman, Concierge and Restaurants. There are ample pools and lounge chairs to accommodate guest, therefore, no need to get up early to ensure you have a chair to lounge on. Although there is an adult pool, I found all the pools without many children. The food at the pool side grill is indeed excellent and priced accordingly. Don't expect excellent and cheap to be used in the same sentence. I also ate at the Don Luis Reataurant where the service was excellent, however my food as well as others in my party was over cooked. Could have sent it back, but it was not the end of the world. The pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean are absolutely picturesque! The Ocean with the pounding surf is beautiful to look at and deadly to swim in, so no swimming in the ocean unless you have insurance to repatriate your remains. As a result of being on the Pacific Ocean you are away from the constant parade of vendors, jet skis, para-sailing and carnival atmosphere you'll find on Medano Beach, which is on the Sea of Cortez. There is construction at the GS, which may or may not impact you. My room was adjacent to the construction and I did not seem to notice. I was out of the room for a significant part of the day. In addition, it will depend on what's being constructed during your stay to know if it is a bother. Within the resort a number of the buildings are not impacted by the construction.

The GS is a 10 minute walk down a hill to the Marina, which takes you to downtown and/or Medano Beach. I have some health issues and needed to take an $8 dollar taxi ride from downtown back to the GS. Could not do the hill.

I exchanged my timeshare through Interval and I am fortunate to have gotten the GS as an exchange. I would do it again in a heartbeat. When checking in, you know the drill, I was sent to the timeshare sales desk to set an appointment. I was offered a free breakfast and $100 off an activity. I said, let me thing about it, and I was not asked again. The staff at the GS do not try to sell you anything. The staff is well trained to provide for your enjoyment.

I highly recommend the GS and thanks for the free WiFi...You will enjoy your stay!!

PS I know the management at the GS reads comments on this site. I have two recommendations, which are not complaints:

1) Put a drying rack on the balcony for swimsuits.
2) Have ice water in your reception where guest can help themselves.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the construction and for a view of the ocean try to get a room on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travel4us-Sea

Dear Travel4us Sea

We would like to thank you for mention that you enjoyed your stay at our resort, specially in terms of services provided by our front desk, concierge, bellboy, housekeeping, pool side service and restaurant service. We also thank you for your recommendations and observations regarding some aspects of our service and the preparation of the food at one of our restaurants. We will follow up this. I am sure the readers will find your review very interesting as you mention details of our location and in terms of the construction área we are working at the moment.

We will consider your comments at the end of your post. I would prefer not having anything in the balconies. But we willl see of what can we do.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving I seen the construction going on & had NO clue! I got really nervous & thought I'd made a huge mistake. When we got to our room & seen the rest of the resort my worries were then put to rest! Staff was super hospitable & very friendly. We never heard any of the construction noise going on until we were either leaving the resort or returning. During our stay it never bothered us. The restaurant La Roca was ok. The menu changes daily & it is pretty expensive to eat there, especially for a family of five! And just for being okay dishes, we decided by our 3rd day it was time to eat elsewhere outside the hotel for dinner. As for everything thing else, we were very happy with our stay at the Grand Solmar.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Sunkisthoney

Dear Sunkisthoney

Thank you so much for your comments. As i always me ntion to our guest, we are at the moment working in our new lobby along with our furute bar and all of this is just at the entrance of the resort, After that is just heaven, for real. Just relax and enjoy your vacation.
I really recommend the meal plan package for big families, even for a couple it is really worth it if you want to sabe some money while being at the resort.
You can get it at the frint desk or with our concierge.

Tahnk you again for trusting on us!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Grand Solmar Land's End in July 2014. We absolutely loved this vacation. Compared to the several Caribbean islands and places on Mexico's Atlantic coast that we have previously vacationed, this was far better. The property is amazing with spectacular vistas of the Pacific ocean and the Land's End rock formations. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed - our room, which was the smallest available, was over 700 square feet with a king bed and a murphy pull out. The service was outstanding indeed probably as good or better than any we've seen before - Gerardo at the Bar Brisas and Eben at the lobby bar were particularly great. The food is good but not outstanding, better than your typical all-inclusive (e.g. Secrets) but certainly there are better places in down-town Cabo, but for breakfast and lunch at the pool it's a good option. The rooms have at minimum a kitchenette (range top, microwave, refrigerator) so cooking is an option . We choose the all-inclusive option which included all meals and drinks - note alcohol is included but not top-shelf alcohol so for example Absolut and Don Julio were included but Grey Goose and Patron were not. The paperwork for the all-inclusive is less than clear so ask if what you're ordering is included. The plan is worth the cost if you're going to have several (>=4) drinks a day and at least eat breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Be aware there is construction on going, but for our visit at least, it wasn't an issue. The only negative I can say about the property is that they will try to get you to sign up for a time share tour when you arrive but this is easily ignored. Overall, we loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amasino

Dear Amasino

Thank you for loving the place in general, our rooms, the service, the location, Eben from the bar
and Gerardo are particular pleased with your comments, Thank you for mentioning them.
Our Chef HEctor is always looking for new ideas and at the moment he is improving the dinning options, so good becomes oustanding. Thank you for your mention on this. I am a believer that the meal plan option is wirth it for guest that want to stay at the resort and just relax. The alcohol that we use at the resort is really good as you mention and of great quality. Also our front staff have the list of what is included so you can choose if you want to be part of it. The timeshare meeting is optional, and i am very pleased that you also consider that the construction did not spoil anything of your vacation. As i mention before is just at the entrance of the hotel and hard to hear.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

After spending one week at the Playa Grande we moved to the Grand Solmar. The atmosphere is different from the sister resort but totally terrific. The check in staff were great in trying to get us into our room and offer us ways to "use up the time' in comfort.
The pacific is so lovely just to watch. Dining outside at La Roca is enchanting. The food is grand and the view outstanding. The staff was terrific.
We stayed in a one bedroom which was kept so clean and organized by the housekeeping staff each day of our visit. I love being able to make breakfast in the room so when I realized the toaster didn't work they went immediately go get me another one. Everything went smoothly.
The construction didn't get in our way at all. They have the parts being worked upon behind plywood walls in hopes that they don't disrupt the feeling of your vacation and enjoyment. I was impressed at the extra attention given to maintain the atmosphere of the resort in spite of the construction.
We enjoy the walk to the marina and downtown although in the middle of the day it was hot.
One thing I wanted to mention but not affect the rating is the bad food experience at the Don Luis restaurant on the property. It seemed that the desire to make things lovely was more important than being sure that the taste of the foods were great. We attended a Grill Night there. It was on the advertisements as being at the La Roca but when we went down we were directed to the Don Luis. One of our party had to send their dish back because it had been burnt. I had ordered the same item but mine was correctly prepared. Another had shrimp but they had been overcooked also.
I am looking forward to returning to the Grand Solmar when the construction is complete. I can't imagine it getting better!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear DiWP

We are completely delighted and satisfied with your comment. It will go directly along with the last ones to our comedor where all our employess can see them. It was a privilege to welcome you to our resort. Your unit is one of the best of our resort, and as you mention, the construction is taking part at the lands end área and at the entrance. We work along with the people form obra to dont spoil our guest vacation as much as we can. We always know that situations can happen, but always look for us the management to make things right for you, we will do our best.
Your comment about one of our restaurant options is very important for me and the Chef, and we will continue to look to improve the preparation and be more consistent on the delivering of the new options we have,. We want everyone to enjoy our new dinner área. You can count on us that we will suceed on this.

Thank you for your comments, We will be waiting for your next vacation with us.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was extremely surprised when I arrived at the Grand Solmar. I have a timeshare and exchanged it for this resort since my husband wanted to go to Cabo. My experiences with timeshares is that most resort/hotels you stay at are mediocre. This place was absolutely beautiful with a great location. You had the view of the Pacific Ocean and the rocks throughout the resort. The resort was run like a hotel, with maid service everyday sometimes twice a day. We stayed in a one Bedroom which was very roomy with 2 baths overlooking the sunset pool and the ocean. It was a fantastic view! Everyone that worked there were very friendly, professional and helpful. Beware though of the timeshare sales people. They will try to get you the first day you are there but if you say no thanks they won't bother you again. Housekeeping is fantastic and the 6 pools are incredible. So relaxing and the sound of the crashing waves was so peaceful. The place is located very close to the Marina (10 minute walk) where you can find restaurants and shops. Overall I highly recommend Grand Solmar at Land's end. The pictures on its website on pretty dead on. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank amandacpa

Dear Amanda

Thank you for your recommendations, thank you for staying with us, thank you for mentioning that our staff exceed your expectations, specially our housekeeping team, thank you for your passion....our ambassadors of service are extremely satisfied with your comments, and it will be an honor to welcome you back to our resort. Our short goal is to be the best timeshare resorrt of Mexico, and we know we can achieve this with the staff we have. We are here for you always.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

At the end of the Baja Peninsula, a treasure that is well appointed, excellent service from the entire staff, but especially Roberto( Front VIP Desk), Freddy, Carlos and Cesar at the Pool Bar, Yasmin and Claudia at the La Roca and Manny at the front Greeter. These folks embody the apex of excellence.

Relaxing, fun, enjoyable, good food and recreation.

Take a taxi from the Airport $16 each one way. Get the ticket at the Taxi Window, after you pass through customs.

The all inclusive for the $99 a day covers everything from start to finish.

The town is within easy walking distance from the hotel. Great food at Alexander's and a few others. Plan about $30 a plate, but all fresh! Other watering holes are readily available and the service is fine and safe.

Plan a trip and you will be amazed

Room Tip: Have a room overlooking the pool, not the mountains. It has a greater breeze
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobc965

Dear Bob

We would like to thank you for your great comments about our services and location. On behalf of Roberto, Freddy, Carlos, Cesar, YAzmin, Claudia and MAnny, we thank you for sharing your experience at lands end.

We would be honor to welcome you back to our resort.