WARNING...Grand Solmar is under MAJOR CONSTRUCTION until the summer of 2015. If you like to hear heavy machinery, jack hammers, bulldozers and crane movement then I guess that's your idea of a peaceful vacation...NOT. The construction starts at approximately 7am and lasts until 7pm and can be heard from every building, restaurant, room and pool side. The establishment is resurrecting a new hotel tower. The construction is actually between two major hotel towers and right in front of the main pool, so expect to hear lots of loud noise while lounging at the pool(s). I was told by the front desk that the hotel was NOT under construction during the summer of 2014 (during the time I stayed) before I booked it in early spring time...needless to say that I was very disappointed. I asked to be moved a room as far away from the construction prior to my first night and was not accommodated until night 4. I imagine that this hotel would be a great place to stay once the construction is complete. Also their is no beach access from the hotel since it's situated on the pacific side. If you are looking for a hotel that has beach water access...try searching for a place on the Sea of Cortez side where the water is less choppy and accessible for swimming, snorkeling and etc. Also this resort is pro time share, since it's a 4.5 class resort thus on the pricey side to book per night, so expect to be approached by time share leeches while vacationing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos